3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
psgmariner
February 6, 2018, 11:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Not only are they floundering around in regional football they are in a right mess behind the scenes:

http://www.theconferenceforum.co.uk/thread/59545

There but for the grace of God....

Private Message
Nelly GTFC
February 6, 2018, 11:25am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,732
Gold Stars: 31
Would be a tragedy if some bigger club came in and paid out a small fee for their manager after he's started to turn things around, sounds like they need all the money they can get in these desperate times.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/york-city/form-guide/eight

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
Abdul19
February 6, 2018, 11:43am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,545
Gold Stars: 215
Losing £900k to be 122nd in the pyramid?  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
barrattstandman
February 6, 2018, 12:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +477
Gold Stars: 17
Still some are in denial that it could be us .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
1mickylyons
February 6, 2018, 12:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
One of my favourite awaydays Bootham Crescent. Clubs need to be more prudent I agree but the biggest problem with teams below the Championship is the paltry amount of money fed down.You only have to look at how teams that get relegated from the Prem get on ala Sunderland they have players on huge wages they can`t get rid of and they often drop to League 1 before they steady the ship.At least they had the money to waste FFS teams like GY and worse still the ex league teams below get next to nothing back it needs addressing BUT money talks so it won`t happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
jock dock tower
February 6, 2018, 1:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Went to see York playing at Chorley earlier this season, and they still have some players who apparently cost them four figure sums still in the National League North. Madness.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
AndyDarloFC
February 6, 2018, 2:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Doesn’t help that Jon Parkin is on 2k a week apparently and the knobhead manager they have (Martin Gray) splashing the cash like there’s no tomorrow. I ain’t surprised they are having financial problems. The bloke has to turn and sign a new player (normally strikers), everytime they fail to win a game.

They’ve got some massive players on huge wages still. Can’t see this ending for them unfortunately.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 20
Les Brechin
February 6, 2018, 2:35pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,699
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from 1mickylyons
One of my favourite awaydays Bootham Crescent. Clubs need to be more prudent I agree but the biggest problem with teams below the Championship is the paltry amount of money fed down.You only have to look at how teams that get relegated from the Prem get on ala Sunderland they have players on huge wages they can`t get rid of and they often drop to League 1 before they steady the ship.At least they had the money to waste FFS teams like GY and worse still the ex league teams below get next to nothing back it needs addressing BUT money talks so it won`t happen.

Always used to win at York too. I think we must have gone about half a dozen games on the trot there in the 80's  and won every time.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
TownSNAFU5
February 6, 2018, 2:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,874
Gold Stars: 42
I posted similar comments earlier today about York City.  This was on a "Fenty" thread.

Being a Town exile living in York, I find all this very sad for York City.    Particularly for their long-suffering loyal fans. Their fall from grace (with the same owner) is bad enough to bear.

What makes their position worse is it exactly mirrors GTFC (and vice versa).  In that a "sole owner/Chair/non-Chair" can repeatedly mess the fans and the Trust about to try and get what he wants. Money and power are usually 2 of the root causes.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Cloudy
February 6, 2018, 2:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from barrattstandman
Still some are in denial that it could be us .

it sure could.

Maybe this will put a bolt into JF to start to work WITH the fans to ensure nothing like this ever happens to GTFC rather than trying to run things alone
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › York City in crisis

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.