Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why is Slade still in a job?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 183 Guests

Why is Slade still in a job?
He's a good manager, he'll come good.
The board have given him a stupid contract, too expensive to sack him.
He has 'something' that would lead to the arrest of board members.
  View Results 141 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Why is Slade still in a job?

This thread currently has 7,440 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
February 5, 2018, 11:38am
Guest User
A simple poll. Feel free to post other reasons why Russell Slade still has a job.
Davec
February 5, 2018, 11:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Stuart McCall is available, I would take him in a heart beat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 39
February 5, 2018, 11:48am
Guest User
Quoted from Davec
Stuart McCall is available, I would take him in a heart beat.

Me too, although I doubt he'd take us on. I'd definitely like an 'outsider' with no links to the club. A fresh outlook, backed up by a new board and we could have a new start. Just got to get through this season with our league status intact.
Reply: 2 - 39
Bigdog
February 5, 2018, 12:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Maybe the contract, maybe a lack of confidence within the boardroom to find the right replacement..

Earlier last month, I think it was stubbornness and footballing naivety by the board believing they were being prudent in not chopping and changing, but as the poor results and performances continue, there has to be a time when they have to hold their hands up and admit they were wrong. That time has already passed and the increase in crowds from his sacking would be more than enough to pay him off. The team need the boost in support from the extra fans, so it seems the logical decision to make. One step towards wholesale radical change at the club. RS is making them look more foolish by the day, he's on a terrible run as a manager for three long years and for three clubs, I don't think he has the capability to change the direction of his career. We may scrape enough points to survive.. just. But a safe pair of hands to build a squad and a bright future on the pitch for our club? Not a cat in hell's chance..

Slade out today would give everyone connected to GTFC a massive lift..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 39
grimsby pete
February 5, 2018, 12:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Phone call made by Slade last year, ( alleged )

Hi John how are you doing mate,

JF   In a bit of a pickle Russ, I have hired a manager that is a right fruit loop and I have told the masses that he was head and shoulders above all the other candidates.

RS  Well give it a few weeks and I will be available as Coventry are going to pay me off soon because this team is crap.

JF   Do you mean you want to come back to me Russ baby I have missed you.

RS   Sure do John I am still in the Donny area so a quick drive up the A180 and I am with you,

JF   Well let me know when your money comes through from your latest pay off Russ and I will off load this fruit loop.

RS  There is no way I will except a 6 month rolling contract John

JF    No I would not do that to you mate you can have anything you want even a sports science bloke.

RS    Ok John I will except a 6 year deal and all the saying in who and what I need to take us to the next level,

JF   Will you take a 5 year deal Russ I don't think the other board members will agree to 6,

RS    Yes I will settle for that seeing as this will be my last job in football.

JF     That's great  I await your call Russ but don't tell anybody the length of the contract we will keep it to our self.

RS    OK  John will see you soon. bye.

JF    Bye Russ you have made me a happy man and dug me out of a big hole.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 39
jamesgtfc
February 5, 2018, 12:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,937
Gold Stars: 190
I think the board are clearly falling for his salesman talk.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 39
Manchester Mariner
February 5, 2018, 12:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Had to go for "He has 'something' that would lead to the arrest of board members." in order to thicken the plot.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 39
Garth
February 5, 2018, 12:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Could sell sand to Arabs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 39
ginnywings
February 5, 2018, 1:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Someone told me on Saturday that he had "heard from someone" Slade is on £150,000 a year. It's laughable the things people believe when they want it to be true. By next week it will have gone up to £200,000.

The average wage of a League 2 manager is about the same as senior pro's, £50,000 a year. I think Slade could possibly be on a bit more than that, but i would be staggered if it's in the region of some of the figures mentioned. It would be pure lunacy if it were, and even more so if it was tied to an extended contract. I don't think it's the finances that are stopping his departure. I think the club are just sticking to their guns. It may pay off, it may not. They will point to recent history with Hurst, though that was obviously a different situation.

Slade is on record as saying that he is a builder, not a quick fix man. If you check his stats, you will find they bear this out. His win percentage correlates with his time spent at each club, with the best one being at Orient, the club he spent the most time at. 242 games- 42% win rate. His 2 most recent jobs before us were Charlton-21 games- 23% win rate and Coventry- 16 games 18% win rate. His career win rate is around 37%, which is not too shabby. These are the things i would be looking at were i the one checking his background, coupled with asking around in the game and trying to ascertain whether recent poor performance was anything more than simply not having enough time to affect change, or indeed there was something else to suggest he was no longer capable of achieving those stats. The counter argument is that he has had quite enough time here to affect change, but has failed to do so in a positive way. I personally find his recruitment baffling, to put it politely, and to me the squad looks unbalanced and lacking in leadership and winners.

I say this as someone who is not a Slade fan; wasn't last time and i have seen nothing to suggest as yet that i will be in the future. He came here with baggage, which was always going to used against him whatever, and he is at a club which is still a bit raw from the recent sojourn into non league, with many fans fearing it is happening again. In short, he has given some very edgy and nervous fans, who already have an axe to grind with him, a very large stick with which to beat him. At the moment, the current climate among many is "get rid". Get rid of the board, get rid of the manager, get rid of the assistant, get rid of the players and it's more than understandable that this seems, on the face of it, the right thing to do. Unfortunately, i cannot see any alternatives right now that would guarantee any of those things turning around the ship. And it's right now that counts. At the end of the season, it's a different matter. The course of the remaining 14 games will go some way to deciding that.

That is why, for me, Slade is still in a job today. Tomorrow and beyond is unknown. Ask again in a couple of weeks. My inclination would be that it should have been done before now, straight after the Morecambe defeat as a preference, and that maybe it's too late in the day to change tack. I'm glad i'm not one of those that has the decision to make.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 39
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 5, 2018, 1:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,815
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Garth
Could sell sand to Arabs

What about a football club?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 39
bedders78
February 5, 2018, 2:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from ginnywings
If you check his stats, you will find they bear this out. His win percentage correlates with his time spent at each club, with the best one being at Orient, the club he spent the most time at. 242 games- 42% win rate. His 2 most recent jobs before us were Charlton-21 games- 23% win rate and Coventry- 16 games 18% win rate. His career win rate is around 37%, which is not too shabby.

Does this bear out with an improvement from season 1 to season 2 etc or is it a case of a good start keeps him in a job longer?

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 39
Marinerz93
February 5, 2018, 2:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Sladeball is still in a job because Fenty trusts him, Fenty has not lost trust in Sladeball just yet but he has lost trust in the trust!

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 39
Balthazar Bullitt
February 5, 2018, 2:27pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
[img]https://www.comedy.co.uk/images/library/fringe/2015/250x250/im_sorry_i_havent_a_clue.jpg[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 39
February 5, 2018, 3:35pm
Guest User
His squad is unbalanced, it isn't good enough hence the players he signed sitting in the stands on full pay as he's had to bring in seven loan players. All the signs of a badly struggling side. He is to blame for that. And as for Slade being a 'builder', good luck with that.

The defence, Collins 37, Davis, 36, Clarke 33, Dixon 32, Osbourne 31.

His permanent signings:

Dixon has improved slightly but is probably the worst left back I've ever seen at Town.
Osbourne is injury prone, looks okay, a little bit heavy and started on Summerfield, ending with a red.
Rose is so inconsistent it is ridiculous. Scored 5 goals I think, top scorer? Up and down in same game.
Matt is on loan for the season, absolute carthorse IMO with little ability, poor technique.
Hooper is miles away from being good enough for the FL.
Cardwell was signed, he's hardly played at all.
Kelly, looked lightweight from what little I've seen. Rarely on the pitch.
Woolford is 32, looks it as well. Slow and looks like a man with his flip flops on.

Siriki Dembele is the only signing he has made who looks like a good player. Even he is barely recongnisable from the player of even 6 weeks ago. One more thing Russ, he plays on the RIGHT, that Wilks was a real danger on Saturday on the left, you switched him to the right and put Dembele on the left, WHY? That was the end of our attacking threat.
Reply: 13 - 39
mariner91
February 5, 2018, 3:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,591
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from 75
His squad is unbalanced, it isn't good enough hence the players he signed sitting in the stands on full pay as he's had to bring in seven loan players. All the signs of a badly struggling side. He is to blame for that. And as for Slade being a 'builder', good luck with that.

His permanent signings:

Dixon has improved slightly but is probably the worst left back I've ever seen at Town.
Osbourne is injury prone, looks okay, a little bit heavy and started on Summerfield, ending with a red.
Rose is so inconsistent it is ridiculous. Scored 5 goals I think, top scorer? Up and down in same game.
Matt is on loan for the season, absolute carthorse IMO with little ability, poor technique.
Woolford is 32, looks it as well. Slow and looks like a man with his flip flops on.

Siriki Dembele is the only signing he has made who looks like a good player. Even he is barely recongnisable from the player of even 6 weeks ago. One more thing Russ, he plays on the RIGHT, that Wilks was a real danger on Saturday on the left, you switched him to the right and put Dembele on the left, WHY? That was the end of our attacking threat.

Osborne won't be happy if he reads this. Spelt his name wrong and you made him two years older than he actually is!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 39
February 5, 2018, 3:54pm
Guest User
Quoted from mariner91

Osborne won't be happy if he reads this. Spelt his name wrong and you made him two years older than he actually is!

Ha, I haven't seen enough of him and he's blocked me on Twitter which was decent of him so I couldn't ask.
Reply: 15 - 39
ginnywings
February 5, 2018, 4:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from bedders78

Does this bear out with an improvement from season 1 to season 2 etc or is it a case of a good start keeps him in a job longer?

Don't know on that score, except for his last stint here. First season we finished 18th. Second season, we made the play off final, having been in the automatic spots for ages until the crucial last day. I think he did similar at Orient and they pushed on in his second season to the play off final. Lost both of them but we all know anything can happen on the day in those.

Putting his playing style to one side, the only question now is whether he still has that ability in him. Time will tell on that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 39
Mighty_Mariner
February 5, 2018, 4:40pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
I personally think that the board (Fenty) doesn't want to admit they (he) made another poor choice.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 39
GrimRob
February 5, 2018, 5:11pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,400
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ginnywings

Slade is on record as saying that he is a builder, not a quick fix man. If you check his stats, you will find they bear this out. His win percentage correlates with his time spent at each club, with the best one being at Orient, the club he spent the most time at. 242 games- 42% win rate. His 2 most recent jobs before us were Charlton-21 games- 23% win rate and Coventry- 16 games 18% win rate. His career win rate is around 37%, which is not too shabby. These are the things i would be looking at were i the one checking his background, coupled with asking around in the game and trying to ascertain whether recent poor performance was anything more than simply not having enough time to affect change, or indeed there was something else to suggest he was no longer capable of achieving those stats. The counter argument is that he has had quite enough time here to affect change, but has failed to do so in a positive way. I personally find his recruitment baffling, to put it politely, and to me the squad looks unbalanced and lacking in leadership and winners.

That's hardly a great surprise is it, given that managers generally get sacked when they don't win much? I think recruitment is his biggest problem. He clearly can at least stay in a job when he has a good squad, but he didn't get one when he came here and he didn't know the market well enough and/or have the persuasive powers to make the most of his budget. He's getting a bit long in the tooth, most of the players he has brought in are also quite old, probably ones he tracked earlier in his career. If I was looking for a new manager one of the key things for me is their knowledge of players, preferably up and coming ones, who we might reasonably recruit.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 39
pen penfras
February 5, 2018, 6:59pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GrimRob

That's hardly a great surprise is it, given that managers generally get sacked when they don't win much? I think recruitment is his biggest problem. He clearly can at least stay in a job when he has a good squad, but he didn't get one when he came here and he didn't know the market well enough and/or have the persuasive powers to make the most of his budget. He's getting a bit long in the tooth, most of the players he has brought in are also quite old, probably ones he tracked earlier in his career. If I was looking for a new manager one of the key things for me is their knowledge of players, preferably up and coming ones, who we might reasonably recruit.

I think that's hit the nail on the head. Since he was last here, he's always managed at a higher level iirc. Now the players he knows are from a higher level and wouldn't come here unless they didn't have options, those players are unlikely to have been playing well recently.

Looking at his entire career, he has 1.38 points per game which would put us on about 63 for the season. I don't think failing to catch a falling Charlton or doomed Coventry are enough evidence to suggest he's lost it as a manager. I think if he's here next season, we could do well now that he's had time to scout the appropriate levels. However this season is what counts and we need to turn the corner quickly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 39
pontoon442
February 5, 2018, 7:31pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -256
Gold Stars: 5
Gotta be joking, with the massive reduction in season ticket sales what sort of squad would he be able to put together for next season, theres only two players worth keeping long term, Dembele & Mills but they will probabley go at the end of the season, just leaving the very old guys & crap...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 39
Fishy_fishtails
February 5, 2018, 7:40pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from grimsby pete
Phone call made by Slade last year, ( alleged )

Hi John how are you doing mate,

JF   In a bit of a pickle Russ, I have hired a manager that is a right fruit loop and I have told the masses that he was head and shoulders above all the other candidates.

RS  Well give it a few weeks and I will be available as Coventry are going to pay me off soon because this team is crap.

JF   Do you mean you want to come back to me Russ baby I have missed you.

RS   Sure do John I am still in the Donny area so a quick drive up the A180 and I am with you,

JF   Well let me know when your money comes through from your latest pay off Russ and I will off load this fruit loop.

RS  There is no way I will except a 6 month rolling contract John

JF    No I would not do that to you mate you can have anything you want even a sports science bloke.

RS    Ok John I will except a 6 year deal and all the saying in who and what I need to take us to the next level,

JF   Will you take a 5 year deal Russ I don't think the other board members will agree to 6,

RS    Yes I will settle for that seeing as this will be my last job in football.

JF     That's great  I await your call Russ but don't tell anybody the length of the contract we will keep it to our self.

RS    OK  John will see you soon. bye.

JF    Bye Russ you have made me a happy man and dug me out of a big hole.

By the look of the red crosses you are getting you're getting tedious again. Have you got nothing better to do than make up stories?! Grow up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 39
Marinerz93
February 5, 2018, 9:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

By the look of the red crosses you are getting you're getting tedious again. Have you got nothing better to do than make up stories?! Grow up.

It's a joke, why are Fentyinstas so defensive and sensitive.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 39
Teestogreen
February 5, 2018, 9:22pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from 75

His permanent signings:

The worst left back I have seen playing for Town was called Jim Kirkland - in the late 19 sixties - a total monument. He was signed from the Old Scottish second division - probably replacing Graham Taylor.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 39
ginnywings
February 5, 2018, 9:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Lee Ridley. I rest my case M'lud.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 39
Teestogreen
February 5, 2018, 9:31pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from ginnywings
Lee Ridley. I rest my case M'lud.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 39
Fishy_fishtails
February 5, 2018, 9:43pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

It's a joke, why are Fentyinstas so defensive and sensitive.

Jokes are supposed to be funny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 39
Marinerz93
February 5, 2018, 9:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Jokes are supposed to be funny.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Private Message
Reply: 27 - 39
Fishy_fishtails
February 5, 2018, 9:47pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To put a fenty out banner up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 39
Marinerz93
February 5, 2018, 9:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker

To put a fenty out banner up?

No, to get to the humourless sad persons house.

Private Message
Reply: 29 - 39
Fishy_fishtails
February 5, 2018, 9:51pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

No, to get to the humourless sad persons house.

Your house?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 39
Marinerz93
February 5, 2018, 9:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Your house?

No, knock knock

Private Message
Reply: 31 - 39
Fishy_fishtails
February 5, 2018, 9:54pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

No, knock knock

Doorbell broken??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
Marinerz93
February 5, 2018, 9:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Doorbell broken??

Your a doorbell joke kind of guy are you, any way it's the chicken

[youtube]b7vDtMXzNGA[/youtube]

Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
February 5, 2018, 10:08pm
Guest User
Controversy time.  So imagine for a moment that you’re pretty excrement at your job but don’t realise it.  Would you walk on the opinion of some gobshites on a message board.  Or, imagine your the person having to foot the bill, wouldn’t you give it longer than those with no liability?  Main point however, Grimsby is and always has been a Labour stronghold, Labour are all about job preservation, how can the Labour voting public advocate a hounded sacking, doesn’t it go against all your principles?

I vote for whoever catches my eye at the time, sack the useless fooker.
Reply: 34 - 39
February 5, 2018, 10:29pm
Guest User
Thanks for the Red Cross, feel free to elaborate which will avoid me thinking that your just another pointless spineless girl private.
Reply: 35 - 39
February 5, 2018, 10:29pm
Guest User
Quoted from 139914
Controversy time.  So imagine for a moment that you’re pretty excrement at your job but don’t realise it.  Would you walk on the opinion of some gobshites on a message board.  Or, imagine your the person having to foot the bill, wouldn’t you give it longer than those with no liability?  Main point however, Grimsby is and always has been a Labour stronghold, Labour are all about job preservation, how can the Labour voting public advocate a hounded sacking, doesn’t it go against all your principles?

I vote for whoever catches my eye at the time, sack the useless fooker.

I don't do Socialism. For the few, not the many is my motto. As long as I'm part of the few of course.
Reply: 36 - 39
Fishy_fishtails
February 5, 2018, 10:36pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from 139914
Thanks for the Red Cross, feel free to elaborate which will avoid me thinking that your just another pointless spineless girl private.

It's not real. Calm down. It's not like you've been branded upon your forehead with an actual red cross!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
arryarryarry
February 6, 2018, 12:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 139914

I didn't red cross you but perhaps those who did thought you were talking bollox.

"Grimsby is and always has been a Labour stronghold"

Actually that isn't true, Labour only just won the 1977 by-election by approx 500 votes and that was probably due to the fact that the candidate was a TV personality.

"So imagine for a moment that you’re pretty excrement at your job but don’t realise it"

Well after this disastrous run if Russell Slade doesn't know he is currently doing a excrement job then God preserve us.  
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
RonMariner
February 6, 2018, 9:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,644
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from 139914
Controversy time.  So imagine for a moment that you’re pretty excrement at your job but don’t realise it.  .

I would say, 'Like Teresa May you mean?' but of course she does realise it......

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why is Slade still in a job?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.