Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So everything is now hunky dory?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 419 Guests

So everything is now hunky dory?

This thread currently has 3,031 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
heppy88
February 4, 2018, 11:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
So after what was recorded yesterday, just a little recap:

" I want out more than you want me out, fact"

" this season has been a very bad season for (the trust) to stand up and be counted"

About Slade " How do you think I feel about maintaining a manager that has done as badly"

"As for the case of Marcus Bignot it was quite clear he was flipping fruit loop"

" Why did Paul Hurst leave?" "Because the fans were absolute twits to him". "He hated the fans"

About Asante " He's a fuc!ing @rse hole"

About Slade returning "Its come to bite us on the @rse"

.........and the relegations, the non league, the awful appointments, the treatment of the SLO, the treatment of M. Dean, the treatment of The original Mighty Mariner, his disdain towards anyone who he believes crosses the line on the Fishy (But makes the above statements), his treatment of Nigel Lowther and the Cleethorpes Chronicle, falling out with radio Humberside, acceptance of funding from a professional ticket tout, his failure to deliver relocation, failure to make a statement regarding bra gate, supporting chckatrade trophy,  deconstructing children's flags and on and on.

But because he has someone prepare a nicely written statement (Which, let's be honest would never had been written if he had not been caught out) we have all gone all gooey eyed and fallen for his very clever political spin. Face the facts he is the root cause of all that is wrong with the club. Just because no alternative can be contemplated does it mean carrying on with the status quo is right!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
February 5, 2018, 6:04am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Be interesting where Asante goes with this and can’t imagine Bignot will be happy either
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
H19P1
February 5, 2018, 6:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Be interesting where Asante goes with this and can’t imagine Bignot will be happy either

Can see him going to Chester if MB is still manager and loans can still be made down the way?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
MuddyWaters
February 5, 2018, 7:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from heppy88
So after what was recorded yesterday, just a little recap:

" I want out more than you want me out, fact"

" this season has been a very bad season for (the trust) to stand up and be counted"

About Slade " How do you think I feel about maintaining a manager that has done as badly"

"As for the case of Marcus Bignot it was quite clear he was flipping fruit loop"

" Why did Paul Hurst leave?" "Because the fans were absolute twits to him". "He hated the fans"

About Asante " He's a fuc!ing @rse hole"

About Slade returning "Its come to bite us on the @rse"

.........and the relegations, the non league, the awful appointments, the treatment of the SLO, the treatment of M. Dean, the treatment of The original Mighty Mariner, his disdain towards anyone who he believes crosses the line on the Fishy (But makes the above statements), his treatment of Nigel Lowther and the Cleethorpes Chronicle, falling out with radio Humberside, acceptance of funding from a professional ticket tout, his failure to deliver relocation, failure to make a statement regarding bra gate, supporting chckatrade trophy,  deconstructing children's flags and on and on.

But because he has someone prepare a nicely written statement (Which, let's be honest would never had been written if he had not been caught out) we have all gone all gooey eyed and fallen for his very clever political spin. Face the facts he is the root cause of all that is wrong with the club. Just because no alternative can be contemplated does it mean carrying on with the status quo is right!!

I think if you read most posts, you'll see that most are saying that the words are a welcome start but it will be the actions to back up the words that will count. The current impasse has got to end otherwise we're back in the Conference and no-one, particularly John Fenty, wants that,
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
1mickylyons
February 5, 2018, 7:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think if you read most posts, you'll see that most are saying that the words are a welcome start but it will be the actions to back up the words that will count. The current impasse has got to end otherwise we're back in the Conference and no-one, particularly John Fenty, wants that,

This.I want to believe in JF and his willingness to get us back on track BUT unless he sacks the most despised Manager we have had the misfortune to employ or certainly since Mike L***s how can we?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
golfer
February 5, 2018, 8:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
I always feel sorry for anybody who gets made redundant or is sacked,not just for them but for their families-I am a real softie at heart, BUT just this once I am prepared to make an exception
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
Cloudy
February 5, 2018, 8:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
All of the recorded chat and the statement and nothing to suggest he has ever made an error. Always someones elses fault
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
jimgtfc
February 5, 2018, 8:32am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Nothing is hunky dory at all, I just think that the majority of fans now realise that the 11 players on the pitch desperately need our support otherwise we are in serious danger of a return to non league.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
February 5, 2018, 11:25am
Guest User
It's far from hunky dory, I agree with pretty much everything Heppy88 wrote. We do need to keep the pressure on, John does want out, I believe that. Let's hope we all get what we want. We do need to get behind the team, it would be ideal if Slade was gone as well, during the remaining games we have to get behind the team as I don't have another relegation to non league in me. I'm still hurting from Burton, I can't handle any more of that.
Reply: 8 - 18
AndyDarloFC
February 5, 2018, 3:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Get Asante sent to us, we need another striker to accompany Stcyhe up top.

Adi Yussuf turned us down for Solihull in the last week.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So everything is now hunky dory?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.