Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I am prepared for red crosses.........
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 124 Guests

I am prepared for red crosses.........

This thread currently has 3,330 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Bedlington_mariner
February 4, 2018, 10:22pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +53
Before i get absolutely slated (probably for several reasons) here's the background My dad was from Grimsby, I was born in Doncaster My grandma was one of the one's responsible for getting Tony Ford through the turnstiles and at the age of 8 my Dad said son,I cannot afford to take you to both Grimsby and Doncaster games, you have to pick a team..... Doncaster were 3rd in league 2 Grimsby were about 19th....So i picked Grimsby as the chips were better and there were loads of arcades (including a Dalek) on the trip to the ground...

I dont know whats going on politically but here's my view:-

I support the club, I hate the type of football we are playing at the minute and i put that fairly at the foot of the manager, I believe he has no idea with regards to players, how to play, his signings have been awful and we have gone backwards massively under his leadership.

As for Mr Fenty, It was his decision to employ him so with him lays the blame, on the pr side, On a good forsaken night in Carlisle (i think they were a league lower than us) in some awful trophy game it was cold, wet and  i think there was about 30 of us their and we had a  useless goalie, he came and stood with me and bought me a coffee, he actually thanked me for turning up.

Anyway what i am trying to say is if i won the lottery and bought the club i would probably have made wrong decisions, hired the wrong person and would probably be disliked by alot of the Grimsby faithful.. All i want is winning entertaining football.and here ends my rant / first post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
February 4, 2018, 10:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Nothing controversial there Bedders. No red crosses (I hope).

Love your reasons for supporting Town!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
ginnywings
February 4, 2018, 10:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
No red cross from me. I would say welcome but your post count says 24.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
Marinerz93
February 4, 2018, 10:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Is it your birthday, 21 again or should we say 24th

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
ginnywings
February 4, 2018, 10:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Forgot to add that it was good post. The bit about the chips made me chuckle. Got to get your priorities right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
mariner91
February 4, 2018, 11:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Bedlington_mariner
at the age of 8 my Dad said son,I cannot afford to take you to both Grimsby and Doncaster games, you have to pick a team..... Doncaster were 3rd in league 2 Grimsby were about 19th....So i picked Grimsby as the chips were better and there were loads of arcades (including a Dalek) on the trip to the ground...

I think this is my favourite thing I've ever read on here.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
promotion plaice
February 4, 2018, 11:23pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Bedlington_mariner
Before i get absolutely slated (probably for several reasons) here's the background My dad was from Grimsby, I was born in Doncaster My grandma was one of the one's responsible for getting Tony Ford through the turnstiles and at the age of 8 my Dad said son,I cannot afford to take you to both Grimsby and Doncaster games, you have to pick a team..... Doncaster were 3rd in league 2 Grimsby were about 19th....So i picked Grimsby as the chips were better and there were loads of arcades (including a Dalek) on the trip to the ground...

I dont know whats going on politically but here's my view:-

I support the club, I hate the type of football we are playing at the minute and i put that fairly at the foot of the manager, I believe he has no idea with regards to players, how to play, his signings have been awful and we have gone backwards massively under his leadership.

As for Mr Fenty, It was his decision to employ him so with him lays the blame, on the pr side, On a good forsaken night in Carlisle (i think they were a league lower than us) in some awful trophy game it was cold, wet and  i think there was about 30 of us their and we had a  useless goalie, he came and stood with me and bought me a coffee, he actually thanked me for turning up.

Anyway what i am trying to say is if i won the lottery and bought the club i would probably have made wrong decisions, hired the wrong person and would probably be disliked by alot of the Grimsby faithful.. All i want is winning entertaining football.and here ends my rant / first post.

First post ?
[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/290.gif[/img]

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
ginnywings
February 4, 2018, 11:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from promotion plaice

First post ?
[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/290.gif[/img]

Probably meant first thread/rant he's started.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
promotion plaice
February 4, 2018, 11:44pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from ginnywings

Probably meant first thread/rant he's started.

If so I fully apologise......just trying to bring a bit of humour to The Fishy  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
ginnywings
February 4, 2018, 11:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from promotion plaice

If so I fully apologise......just trying to bring a bit of humour to The Fishy  

No apology needed PP. I pointed out the same, but then it just dawned on me what he may have meant.  

It was nice to read an opening post that had a bit of humour to it for a change. Too much doom and gloom around.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I am prepared for red crosses.........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.