Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I can see............
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 418 Guests

I can see............

This thread currently has 4,132 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
TheCodfather1966
February 4, 2018, 4:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Fenty walking very soon, which ultimately is very perilous for the club.  Love him or hate him, as a person I don't think the issue is totally about Fenty and the way he rules the football club.  Money does bring arrogance, no doubt about that, but the fans and Fenty have rumbled along for many a season now.  The real issue here is that Fenty is backing a PE teacher who is clueless about football, never got a team promoted, and will run us very close to relegation this season.  I literally do think we will be relying on teams below us to keep losing and not amassing enough points to survive.  I personally think that with some good PR this whole Board and fans situation can be resolved, but only when the Board step up and relieve Slade of  his duties.  Sadly we all know that Slade will never take GTFC forward and surely this must be his last job in football, which probably explains why he is hanging on for grim death.  Friend or not, Slade has to go before this whole situation spirals out of control and the heavy padlocks are brought into Blundell Park and the ground is closed.  I don't know if John Fenty reads posts on here, but if he does I would simply say to him, tell Slade that sadly on this occassion his tenure has not worked out, nothing personal, but for the longevity of the club a change has to be made.  The fans hold no grudges to the Board or indeed Mr Fenty on a personal level, but please act in the best interests of the club before it is too late.  John, if you are a true Grimsby fan like you say, you would take this course of action..........  The great support will soon flock back........................ UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
February 4, 2018, 4:22pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189

I was expecting a thread about cataract surgery  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
Cloudy
February 4, 2018, 4:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Fenty and the board have had plenty of opportunity to rid themselves of Slade but have decided against it.

As for the fans holding no grudges against the board? Really? You cannot speak for all the fans because I actually do hold a grudge against the gross incompetence shown by the board and I suspect I may not be alone?
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
MuddyWaters
February 4, 2018, 5:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
Fenty walking very soon, which ultimately is very perilous for the club.  Love him or hate him, as a person I don't think the issue is totally about Fenty and the way he rules the football club.  Money does bring arrogance, no doubt about that, but the fans and Fenty have rumbled along for many a season now.  The real issue here is that Fenty is backing a PE teacher who is clueless about football, never got a team promoted, and will run us very close to relegation this season.  I literally do think we will be relying on teams below us to keep losing and not amassing enough points to survive.  I personally think that with some good PR this whole Board and fans situation can be resolved, but only when the Board step up and relieve Slade of  his duties.  Sadly we all know that Slade will never take GTFC forward and surely this must be his last job in football, which probably explains why he is hanging on for grim death.  Friend or not, Slade has to go before this whole situation spirals out of control and the heavy padlocks are brought into Blundell Park and the ground is closed.  I don't know if John Fenty reads posts on here, but if he does I would simply say to him, tell Slade that sadly on this occassion his tenure has not worked out, nothing personal, but for the longevity of the club a change has to be made.  The fans hold no grudges to the Board or indeed Mr Fenty on a personal level, but please act in the best interests of the club before it is too late.  John, if you are a true Grimsby fan like you say, you would take this course of action..........  The great support will soon flock back........................ UTM

It's very difficult to work with/for friends. One thing for sure, an exit will probably end Slade's managerial career and, judged on yesterday's interview, I think he knows it.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
HertsGTFC
February 4, 2018, 5:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,638
Gold Stars: 217
Slade will continue his career in The National League, as our manager if something does not happen soon.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
Ipswin
February 4, 2018, 5:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Slade will continue his career in The National League, as our manager if something does not happen soon.

Continuity is not necessarily a bad thing

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
pontoon442
February 4, 2018, 5:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -261
Gold Stars: 5
Grudge....why not... every season has been a failure since Fenty returned to the board, last successful season, 1999 then survived two relegation scares before the slide, garbage ever since, the promotion out of the conference team only finished 5th remember. I don't blame P Hurst at all he wasn't given the budget to get automatic promotion just play-offs which are a lottery...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
Marinerz93
February 4, 2018, 9:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I can see...........Clearly now Slade has gone,
Not gonna see any more hoof ball at BP

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
Grimsby2012
February 4, 2018, 9:34pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
I can see........ Dead People?

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
ginnywings
February 4, 2018, 10:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
...for miles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I can see............

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.