February 4, 2018, 3:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
We need something to happen and happen quick,

So my solution is and it might even give John some brownie points

Sack Slade now and put Ben Davies and Danny Collins in charge until the end of the season with the remit of playing football not boomball,

Plead with Alan Buckley to join the board as Football Director with his sole job being to find our next manager. ready for next season,

In the short term this would cost the club little money but stopping us going back to the conference will save us a fortune.

We can not depend on Slade changing his mind thought and keeping us up he has lost the plot,

Come on Mr Fenty act now.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Alfie
February 4, 2018, 3:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Just what the doctor ordered - another thread. Thanks Pete
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
Abdul19
February 4, 2018, 3:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
The job of finding a manager given to man who's not worked in football for a decade? Still better than Fenty doing it I suppose.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Ipswin
February 4, 2018, 3:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Rather have you than Buckley Pete

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
topuphere666
February 4, 2018, 3:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Yea because Collins and Davies are proven managers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
Stadium
February 4, 2018, 4:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Heres the obsession again with past managers and current players taking up control.
Bizarre to say the least.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
HertsGTFC
February 4, 2018, 4:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Stadium
Heres the obsession again with past managers and current players taking up control.

Lack of imagination is in this clubs DNA I’m afraid

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
Cloudy
February 4, 2018, 4:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Short term solution would be JSF steps down from day to day involvement with the club. Philip Day takes the helm and works at bridge building with the fans and is open to listening and then coming up with workable solutions to get us out of this mire.

Over time refinancing of JFs debt can be worked on but as a short term solution this would be a viable start as surely Fenty cannot continue after those recordings?.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
Ipswin
February 4, 2018, 5:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Cloudy
Short term solution would be JSF steps down from day to day involvement with the club. Philip Day takes the helm and works at bridge building with the fans and is open to listening and then coming up with workable solutions to get us out of this mire.

Over time refinancing of JFs debt can be worked on but as a short term solution this would be a viable start as surely Fenty cannot continue after those recordings?.

From what I saw of Phillip Day at the Fans Forum that would not be a bad idea - far more reasonable chap than smirking Fenty and 'Shut Up' Marley

As far as the recordings go I don't see they change Fenty's position at all. Most of what he said has been said openly before and the other comments are typical Fenty - open mouth before engaging brain but that's not to say they weren't correct or accurate.

The fact that some twit recorded them matters not, he could have said them to the people involved without any form of recording being switched on and they could have gone public on them. The only difference is Fenty can't deny he said it

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
MuddyWaters
February 4, 2018, 5:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Cloudy

Have thought for some time that the club needs a Chairman - Philip Day would appear to the only member of the current board who would be a suitable candidate.

At some point, the custodians of the club need to accept the chasm they've created and do something positive to rectify the situation. And, by the way, I don't see quitting as positive.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
HertsGTFC
February 4, 2018, 5:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Cloudy

Or the could bring in a fixed term "non exec" to take the helm, there would be a cost involved but if they had the connections, expertise, insight and ambition they could add value.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
Cloudy
February 4, 2018, 5:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Or the could bring in a fixed term "non exec" to take the helm, there would be a cost involved but if they had the connections, expertise, insight and ambition they could add value.

Yes don't disagree with that suggestion.

In the short term John needs to step away and buy some time in restructuring. I don't think he will do so and wonder if Marley Day and Wood can persuade him? I doubt it to be honest
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
grimsby pete
February 4, 2018, 6:28pm

Exile
Quoted from Stadium

Did you not see the bit where I put  SHORT TERM.

It would not cost much and I would rather have Buclley picking the next manager than Fenty, Marley and co.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
lew chaterleys lover
February 4, 2018, 6:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Have thought for some time that the club needs a Chairman - Philip Day would appear to the only member of the current board who would be a suitable candidate.

At some point, the custodians of the club need to accept the chasm they've created and do something positive to rectify the situation. And, by the way, I don't see quitting as positive.

I agree with the last paragraph.

Surely there are only two options open to JF?

He either goes "all in " and restructures the club from top to bottom, puts the stadium dream to bed and concentrate on BP. He gets a new team manager in the summer and puts in big investment to ensure a promotion challenge.

Or he makes it relatively easy to buy him out, with an acceptance there is a financial cost to himself for years of failure.

If he just lets things drift,  it wont be enjoyable for him or for the fans.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
topuphere666
February 4, 2018, 7:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from grimsby pete

It would not cost much and I would rather have Buclley picking the next manager than Fenty, Marley and co.

Pete, the Short term could dictate the long term currently. Now is not the time to stick a centre half and full back in charge of a team full of journeymen who haven’t won in 11 and require 5 more wins to ensure safety.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
Stadium
February 5, 2018, 9:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from grimsby pete

Yep I saw the short term part-thanks for putting it into capital letters whatever that was for...
Now I've read your preferred option again it seems even more ridiculous.
"Buclley" returning,dear me.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
1mickylyons
February 6, 2018, 12:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
You know they could move Slade upstairs NOW and yes add another wage BUT bring in ANOTHER to look after the first team Fenty saves face Slade doesn`t get paid off and the fans get a new Manager?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
Dan
February 6, 2018, 2:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from Stadium

Nick Hegarty is a manager now. Maybe as a short term solution we could see if he's up for it?

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
grimsby pete
February 6, 2018, 3:05pm

Exile
Quoted from Stadium

Yep I saw the short term part-thanks for putting it into capital letters whatever that was for...
Now I've read your preferred option again it seems even more ridiculous.
"Buclley" returning,dear me.

Buckley is not returning to manage the club just to find the next manager,

I trust his judgement more than Fenty's,

I also trust Davies and Collins more than I do Slade,

BUT

Not many agree with me, that's ok we will see how good a manger Slade is in the last few weeks of the season.

I really hope he can turn things round because I would hate going back to the conference,

It might take us longer than 6 years to get back this time as the club has lost a lot of goodwill from the fans.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Short Term Solution

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.