3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
February 4, 2018, 2:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Most consultants are a waste of money and £20,000 will get you nothing which is what happened,

Just an example  a good few years ago the new fast ferry from Harwich to Holland made big waves and a young lad got drowned off the beach at Felixstowe.

£36,000 was spent on solving the problem that amount would be double in todays money,

After a study of the ferry going in and out the port the solution was for the ferry to go slower when entering and exiting the port so the waves would be smaller.

Ipswin and I could have told them that at half the cost .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
golfer
February 4, 2018, 2:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,426
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Marinerz93

The land the new ground and houses to be built on is allegedly owned by the family that Fenty's daughter married into.

I know-I didn't want to say - but I tried to give a clue with the capital C and Golfer-didn.t want to be accused of insinuating any thing.  If I owned something that I thought could get me a nice profit but then the profit didn't look like materialising I think I would try to sell for the best price possible before anybody found out.I might even set up another Ltd. Company
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
Marinerz93
February 4, 2018, 6:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from golfer

I know-I didn't want to say - but I tried to give a clue with the capital C and Golfer-didn.t want to be accused of insinuating any thing.  If I owned something that I thought could get me a nice profit but then the profit didn't look like materialising I think I would try to sell for the best price possible before anybody found out.I might even set up another Ltd. Company

You can't be accused of insinuating anything if you aren't insinuating anything.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
golfer
February 4, 2018, 7:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,426
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Marinerz93

You can't be accused of insinuating anything if you aren't insinuating anything.

Ok I am, we all know what's going on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
Marinerz93
February 4, 2018, 9:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from golfer

Ok I am, we all know what's going on.

What's going on, what have I missed.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/xgBkiss.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
Maringer
February 5, 2018, 7:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,482
Gold Stars: 185
There is no potential for any money to be made from so I still don't agree with the use of the term 'investor' when it comes to putting money into the club.

It therefore only going to be the case that any new buyer/benefactor will be in it either for the love of the club or as a vanity project.

As has been noted on many occasions, Grimsby isn't exactly an area replete with cash so it's not surprising they haven't been queueing up to stick some money into the club. Fenty has made poor decisions in his appointments on a number of occasions but, again, talented managers aren't exactly queueing up to take over smallish clubs such as our own.

What's the solution? I can't really see one, truth be told. If Fenty isn't going to pull out and leave us in the lurch then that's stability of sorts but any improvement in the future depends on the sort of footballing fortune which Slade doesn't look like he can bring.

If we somehow managed to get on the up, it wouldn't surprise me if there was renewed interest from somebody looking for a vanity project, but it's a chicken and egg situation for now.

Fenty is relatively wealthy for our area but doesn't have the money that many sugar daddies of clubs do. I suppose a Euro millions winner willing to chuck in several million might make a difference but that's not very likely and could just as easily end in disaster!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
Mrs Doyle
February 6, 2018, 7:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Maybe it's time the club tried to tap up the offshore wind companies we seem to be pioneers in this field even the yanks are envious of this apparently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
chaos33
February 6, 2018, 7:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from grimsby pete
Most consultants are a waste of money and £20,000 will get you nothing which is what happened,

Just an example  a good few years ago the new fast ferry from Harwich to Holland made big waves and a young lad got drowned off the beach at Felixstowe.

£36,000 was spent on solving the problem that amount would be double in todays money,

After a study of the ferry going in and out the port the solution was for the ferry to go slower when entering and exiting the port so the waves would be smaller.

Ipswin and I could have told them that at half the cost .

Yes, but you both would've gone on and on about it for weeks and weeks  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Consultants & External Investment

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.