Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Consultants & External Investment
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 333 Guests

Consultants & External Investment

This thread currently has 4,381 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
February 4, 2018, 12:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
The issue of owners and directors of football clubs getting abuse from fans is not unique to gtfc.

There are many examples of where investors have not gone ahead and bought clubs because they do not want to get abuse of themselves and their families.

Seems to me that there are only two reasons why anybody would want to own and run a club:

1. To make money
2. Because of a longtime deep interest in the club.

Don't think#1 applies to gtfc.
#2 not sure that there are enough people around with the money to take it on.

Does that just leave Fenty, or is there anyone else out there?

It does just leave Fenty and the sooner everyone realises that, builds a few bridges with him (and he with the fans - it has to be two way) so that he stays, on the better.

No one can doubt his joy, enthusiasm and delight when we were promoted back into the FL. Anyone witnessing him sprinting across the pitch at Braintree like a schoolboy will realise what the club means to him

I don't like the man, he's stubborn, rude, blames everyone else, supercilious and patronising but we have to work with him - he's all we've got and he's all we will get.

No mad millionaire is going to pop up, no one else will come forward with Fenty's love for the club and the trust taking over is the biggest joke ever and those who will argue its possible are misguided and kidding themselves.

The sooner he is persuaded to re-ignite his enthusiasm for GTFC the better He can start by sacking the manager and go from there

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
rancido
February 4, 2018, 12:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 93
The issue of owners and directors of football clubs getting abuse from fans is not unique to gtfc.

There are many examples of where investors have not gone ahead and bought clubs because they do not want to get abuse of themselves and their families.

Seems to me that there are only two reasons why anybody would want to own and run a club:

1. To make money

Maybe not but Grimsby is a small town with many places where Board members/investors are " cheek by jowl " with supporters. I did hear of one lifelong town supporter with a considerable personal wealth who said he would never want to put himself in the position of personal abuse in public when things go wrong.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
lew chaterleys lover
February 4, 2018, 12:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,549
Gold Stars: 231

1. To make money

Of course there are other people out there. How do you think we were run in the 155 years before Fenty came along?!
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
lew chaterleys lover
February 4, 2018, 12:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,549
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from rancido

Maybe not but Grimsby is a small town with many places where Board members/investors are " cheek by jowl " with supporters. I did hear of one lifelong town supporter with a considerable personal wealth who said he would never want to put himself in the position of personal abuse in public when things go wrong.

It is NOT a small town. It is a medium sized town with small ambitions.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
Marinerz93
February 4, 2018, 12:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
If you love something you spend money on it, if it's a hobby you spend money on it. Both of these; love and hobby take up considerable amount of time and probably a large portion of your income. M91 posts

Quoted from mariner91
The accounts show that he hasn't put in any money for about five years. The fans pay the bills as they would continue to do so. It is a myth that Fenty props the club up financially.

Yet people claim he loves the club, where we are in the league and the lack of investment states otherwise.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
Zmariner
February 4, 2018, 1:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Alfie
You obviously haven’t worked with any consultants before.

£20,000 won’t get you very far at all. It’s about four days worth of day rate for a junior, middle manager at one of the big accountancy firm’s consulting arms.

They said it got them a lead with an American franchise and brought about Extreme but that’s about it. I’m sure there’s probably a PowerPoint somewhere but not sure why they would share that openly.

Not true I work in this world but I get the sentiment
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
chaos33
February 4, 2018, 1:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,788
Gold Stars: 349
Rodley's post absolutely nutshells it.
Post of the weekend.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
golfer
February 4, 2018, 1:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,375
Gold Stars: 112
If the new stadium is built or looks likely to be built surely,from what we have heard from the powers that be,this would secure the long term outlook for G.T.F.C.    J.S.F. and all the directors would be able to recoup their loans,the value of shares in G.T.F.C. would dramatically increase and a lot of people people would be happy.  Who owns the land for the development ,not just where the stadium is to be built,but where these 1500 new houses are to be built. I read somewhere that this housing development need not necessarily be built on the land adjacent to the stadium and sports complex but on a different site altogether. Who owns this land .If I were to make a guess I would use a capital C but what do I know-I am only a Golfer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
Alfie
February 4, 2018, 1:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from Zmariner

Not true I work in this world but I get the sentiment

Likewise - four days probably not right (more like six or seven) but point remains, £20,000 is peanuts for this sort of thing. I wonder who the club used and how they came to attention.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
Marinerz93
February 4, 2018, 2:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from golfer
If the new stadium is built or looks likely to be built surely,from what we have heard from the powers that be,this would secure the long term outlook for G.T.F.C.    J.S.F. and all the directors would be able to recoup their loans,the value of shares in G.T.F.C. would dramatically increase and a lot of people people would be happy.  Who owns the land for the development ,not just where the stadium is to be built,but where these 1500 new houses are to be built. I read somewhere that this housing development need not necessarily be built on the land adjacent to the stadium and sports complex but on a different site altogether. Who owns this land .If I were to make a guess I would use a capital C but what do I know-I am only a Golfer.

The land the new ground and houses to be built on is allegedly owned by the family that Fenty's daughter married into.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Consultants & External Investment

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.