Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who pays the bills when JF has had enough.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 184 Guests

Who pays the bills when JF has had enough.

This thread currently has 6,145 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
February 4, 2018, 6:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113

To be fair thats because  in the last 5 years we have been to Wembley 4 times, Done well in the FA trophy and sold a player for a bucket load of cash.  I seem to think somewhere it was mentioned (fans forum) that the club player budget is set at a competitive level but gives the club a 300k loss each year. this loss is hopefully made up by either bigger than estimated gates or football fortune, If neither happens then I would think the 300k or the shortfall then has to be paid by JF.

Sorry but I cannot see us going to Wembley anytime soon and other than Dembele I dont see us getting money for anyone else.

We get 700k for being in the league. Our gates should more than cover a competitive budget for this division. The problem is since we've been back we've had 3 managers and about 60 players. Making the same mistakes that took us out the league last time. Buy cheap, buy twice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
Rodley Mariner
February 4, 2018, 7:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176

Sorry but I cannot see us going to Wembley anytime soon and other than Dembele I dont see us getting money for anyone else.

FA Trophy next season?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
cleethorpes_mariner
February 4, 2018, 7:02pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from headingly_mariner

We get 700k for being in the league. Our gates should more than cover a competitive budget for this division. The problem is since we've been back we've had 3 managers and about 60 players. Making the same mistakes that took us out the league last time. Buy cheap, buy twice.

Agreed the amount of players we have must be costing a fortune, Not sure about the 700k but I would think league 2 players will be on allot more wages than conference players, also less games at home so less gate money and match day income now we dont have the FA trophy, Its ok saying buy cheap but if you dont have the budget to get the best what would you suggest, take a risk and hope it all goes ok
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
cleethorpes_mariner
February 4, 2018, 7:03pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

FA Trophy next season?

I hope we never qualify for this comp ever again,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
moosey_club
February 4, 2018, 7:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226

To be fair thats because  in the last 5 years we have been to Wembley 4 times, Done well in the FA trophy and sold a player for a bucket load of cash.  I seem to think somewhere it was mentioned (fans forum) that the club player budget is set at a competitive level but gives the club a 300k loss each year. this loss is hopefully made up by either bigger than estimated gates or football fortune, If neither happens then I would think the 300k or the shortfall then has to be paid by JF.

This seasons accounts will make interesting reading....cant imagine we will turn a profit this year....35 + players on the books....no cup runs....ST holders down......crowd average down....Slades alleged wages....its this type of season that supporters need to consider when tubthumping for sack the board.
You can argue we can have a smaller squad, crowds may upturn but none of those are guaranteed.....appointing a manager is a lottery.....every season out of 92 clubs only around a dozen can be seen as succesful or winners....get it wrong and you may be sacking, recruiting again.....player merry go round again....you need capital to support that.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
Cloudy
February 4, 2018, 9:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from moosey_club

This seasons accounts will make interesting reading....cant imagine we will turn a profit this year....35 + players on the books....no cup runs....ST holders down......crowd average down....Slades alleged wages....its this type of season that supporters need to consider when tubthumping for sack the board.
You can argue we can have a smaller squad, crowds may upturn but none of those are guaranteed.....appointing a manager is a lottery.....every season out of 92 clubs only around a dozen can be seen as succesful or winners....get it wrong and you may be sacking, recruiting again.....player merry go round again....you need capital to support that.

Did the fans sign ( or ask for) 35 + players?

With sensible management and more focus on income generation I remain totally convinced that Grimsby Town FC can be competitive in the 4th tier without a benefactor propping up the club
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
KingstonMariner
February 4, 2018, 10:28pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
No doubt I'll get red crosses for saying this, but I really do think the Marley bashing is unfair. He only told the guy to "shut up" because he was asked a question and then when he started to answer it the guy who asked the question started ranting and talking over him. I would bet 99% of people on here would have told the bloke to shut up. Watch the video if you don't believe me.

You are right about that incident.

However the guy is still a patronising git.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
gaz57
February 5, 2018, 12:46am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Ipswin

That is a very valid and worrying point I don't know how much they put in and how long the agreement is but I don't fancy replacing Youngs on the shirts with Attaturks Barbers in Stanley street

At least they should have something for the weekend.   . UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who pays the bills when JF has had enough.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.