Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who pays the bills when JF has had enough.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 198 Guests

Who pays the bills when JF has had enough.

This thread currently has 6,110 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
February 4, 2018, 2:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
No doubt I'll get red crosses for saying this, but I really do think the Marley bashing is unfair. He only told the guy to "shut up" because he was asked a question and then when he started to answer it the guy who asked the question started ranting and talking over him. I would bet 99% of people on here would have told the bloke to shut up. Watch the video if you don't believe me.

Well at least he's go £2000 worth of shares compared to Chapman's £500.

Telling a fan to 'shut up' is one thing, but the 'don't you know who I am?' is pretty crass.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
HertsGTFC
February 4, 2018, 2:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,639
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from TAGG

If a new company was put in place would that mean that all employees would have to then reapply for there jobs (including Slade/Wilko) 😉?????
If they had to do this and not come up to scratch would they then be let go with no compo???

Nope but everyone would have a new boss, they can sometimes be easy to please  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 47
Mrs Doyle
February 4, 2018, 3:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Don't forget also the links to player and shirt sponsorship like young's been a great deal over the years.

No guarantee they would want to continue.

All the backroom/club shop peoples jobs would be under threat it's a huge gamble imho.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
HertsGTFC
February 4, 2018, 3:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,639
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Don't forget also the links to player and shirt sponsorship like young's been a great deal over the years.

All the backroom/club shop peoples jobs would be under threat it's a huge gamble imho.

Why would they employees just TUPE across, there is a bigger risk to jobs if we get relegated.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 47
Ipswin
February 4, 2018, 3:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

That is a very valid and worrying point I don't know how much they put in and how long the agreement is but I don't fancy replacing Youngs on the shirts with Attaturks Barbers in Stanley street

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
Cloudy
February 4, 2018, 4:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well at least he's go £2000 worth of shares compared to Chapman's £500.

Telling a fan to 'shut up' is one thing, but the 'don't you know who I am?' is pretty crass.

I think Chapman has some loans  too. It isn't a great sum but more than £2k that's for sure
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
TAGG
February 4, 2018, 4:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Nope but everyone would have a new boss, they can sometimes be easy to please  

I will stop grasping at that particular straw then    

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
Vance Warner
February 4, 2018, 4:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

You may well be right but do you have any evidence of that? I remember the outrage on Hullberside when Dixons of Hull invested in us. I also remember the Jarvis fiasco.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
headingly_mariner
February 4, 2018, 5:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
I think that we are now likely to get relegated if not this season then next year. I think if the board stays the same we are in big trouble. I also think if Fenty leaves, it won't be in a way that is beneficial to the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
cleethorpes_mariner
February 4, 2018, 6:12pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from mariner91
The accounts show that he hasn't put in any money for about five years. The fans pay the bills as they would continue to do so. Not only did he not put in any money last season, he actually took out £200,000. It is a myth that Fenty props the club up financially.

To be fair thats because  in the last 5 years we have been to Wembley 4 times, Done well in the FA trophy and sold a player for a bucket load of cash.  I seem to think somewhere it was mentioned (fans forum) that the club player budget is set at a competitive level but gives the club a 300k loss each year. this loss is hopefully made up by either bigger than estimated gates or football fortune, If neither happens then I would think the 300k or the shortfall then has to be paid by JF.

Sorry but I cannot see us going to Wembley anytime soon and other than Dembele I dont see us getting money for anyone else.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who pays the bills when JF has had enough.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.