Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who pays the bills when JF has had enough.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 244 Guests

Who pays the bills when JF has had enough.

This thread currently has 6,109 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Grim up north
February 4, 2018, 9:49am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 1
For the record I appreciate people's views /feeling the need to protest and also believe we need a change of management and fresh faces added to the board.
What I can't get my head round is the level of abuse aimed at JF both on here and in public which hit a new low with him being taped on the sly whilst giving his honest opinion to a fan ....proper c***** trick in my eyes.

JF has made a fair few mistakes all well documented and gone over a thousand times but has anyone on here who constantly slates him thought about who is going to be around to pay the daily bills and day to day running involved in a football league club when the fairy godmother doesn't step in his shoes.

Feel free to back up your Red Cross with viable solutions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
February 4, 2018, 9:54am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

Not a dig at JF but how much does he actually put in per season now we are back in the football league ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 47
Grim up north
February 4, 2018, 10:01am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
I haven't a clue as never spoken to the guy and don't scan the end of year accounts mate but I would guess the Bogle sale will have masked the cost of our initial season.I can imagine he dips his hands in his pockets regularly though - don't get me wrong he will secure any loan as you and I would to protect any investment from a future takeover. My problem is who dips their hand in while he's gone as if I was in his shoes I would be nowhere near the place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 47
dapperz fun pub
February 4, 2018, 10:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Grim up north
I haven't a clue as never spoken to the guy and don't scan the end of year accounts mate but I would guess the Bogle sale will have masked the cost of our initial season.I can imagine he dips his hands in his pockets regularly though - don't get me wrong he will secure any loan as you and I would to protect any investment from a future takeover. My problem is who dips their hand in while he's gone as if I was in his shoes I would be nowhere near the place.

It's a concern a big concern but smaller clubs than us appear to survive and even thrive with no rich benefactor, of course the Darlington s Stockport s of this world it went the other way  .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 47
mariner91
February 4, 2018, 10:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,248
Gold Stars: 253
The accounts show that he hasn't put in any money for about five years. The fans pay the bills as they would continue to do so. Not only did he not put in any money last season, he actually took out £200,000. It is a myth that Fenty props the club up financially.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 47
oochiad
February 4, 2018, 10:17am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
A very worrying time, know one has the answers so in theory if he pulls out because of the constant abuse it could all so easily go mammaries up. Of course the people who have maybe pushed him this step to far will stand in for him and pay the bills whilst the next fairy godmother is found?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 47
bradzmilne
February 4, 2018, 10:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,359
Gold Stars: 29
I'm not going to pretend I know a great deal about the finances of running a football club.

However, if JF does decide to walk away (which personally I think is increasingly likely - rightly or wrongly).

What would our revenue actually need to be ? Because looking at the situation from a completely lehmans view - surely it would possible for the club to create enough revenue from TV rights, ticket sales, prize money etc. To be sustainable ? The reason why clubs spend money they cannot afford is because they want success - if we can all accept that we're in desperate need of stability prior to moving forward - id be willing to accept mediocre for the time being to achieve that.

I also feel, there is an argument that if fans knew how directly ticket sales would be impacting the club without a 'major investor' they would naturally increase. Giving us additional revenue to break even with.

We'd have to be a lot more financially witty but if we made cuts in the correct areas I think that would be possible ?

I firmly believe that there would be life in the club after JF. The fear of the unknown is terrifying but even as a worst case scenario I think we'd have to adjust our belt accordingly it wouldn't be fatal.  

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 47
Grim74
February 4, 2018, 10:26am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
These short sighted hissy fitting minority fans just don't seem to grasp this, if Fenty walks (I wouldn't blame him) then the club he's been propping up all these years would just collapse.
Some of these fans think if he was to go there would be multi millionaires lining up to take over totally delusional. The ironic thing would be that these same fans would be the first to blame Fenty for the end of GTFC.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 47
ginnywings
February 4, 2018, 10:27am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
I don't know but it's looking increasingly likely that we are about to find out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 47
dapperz fun pub
February 4, 2018, 10:30am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Grim74
These short sighted hissyfitting minority fans just don't seem to grasp this, if Fenty walks (I wouldn't blame him) then the club he's been propping up all these years would just collapse.
Some of these fans think if he was to go there would be multi millionaires lining up to take over totally delusional. The ironic thing would be that these same fans would be the first to blame Fenty for the end of GTFC.

Hissyfitting is such a under used word
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 47
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who pays the bills when JF has had enough.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.