Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New ground?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 125 Guests

New ground?

This thread currently has 1,347 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Ipswin
February 4, 2018, 9:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Gone even quieter on the new ground front (I refuse to call it a stadium thats where athletics and greyhound racing takes place)

I suspect that Fenty has had bad news on the new ground plans. I can't see him selling or walking away from the club if there was even a remote chance of it all happening and it would certainly explain him going so widely public about his keenness to sell the club.

It was probably never going to happen anyway but without Fenty to push for it and the need for it disappearing (Guiseley and Barrow won't bring many fans) its not only a dead duck but potentially one of the things that just might have attracted a new buyer has disappeared.

There's no way Fenty would go if Peakes Parkway was still a goer.

With or without Fenty a broken club in a knackered ground in the Conference (or even bottom half of Div 4) is a worrying prospect

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
February 4, 2018, 9:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Even before all this my expectations of a new ground was next to zero now it is zero
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
Mrs Doyle
February 4, 2018, 9:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
More chance of getting a ground built after the flats have come down imho.

just a point about B.P. and surrounding area visiting teams going down Harrington St must think what a fecking shithole.

The paths are covered in dog shat most of the houses are piled up with bin bags and junk the main stand entrance looks like a rotten wood and rusty corrugated iron shanty town my god it's depressing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
dapperz fun pub
February 4, 2018, 9:27am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Why’s that ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
Ipswin
February 4, 2018, 9:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

just a point about B.P. and surrounding area visiting teams going down Harrington St must think what a fecking shithole.

The paths are covered in dog shat most of the houses are piled up with bin bags and junk the main stand entrance looks like a rotten wood and rusty corrugated iron shanty town my god it's depressing.

Of course after all Freeman Street is so much nicer than Harrington Street and area isn't it? Less dog excrement and bin bags to step around All you need to look out for are the spiced-out dossers and beggars, far more salubrious

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
denni266
February 4, 2018, 11:27am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +634
Gold Stars: 128
looks to me like it has been a dead duck for ages.. Fenty would not want to get out if it looked like happining... wonder how much we have spent trying to get a new ground over the years ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
grimsby pete
February 4, 2018, 11:41am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Ipswin

Of course after all Freeman Street is so much nicer than Harrington Street and area isn't it? Less dog excrement and bin bags to step around All you need to look out for are the spiced-out dossers and beggars, far more salubrious

It would be if they knocked that down as well and started anew,

It wont happen though.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
moosey_club
February 4, 2018, 12:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
JF first said he would step aside and sell in 2010 (i think it was) ...long before the PP was even dreamt of, so i dont particularly link the two now......however..... that doesnt mean i believe PP is either realistic, likely or the appropriate place to move to.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
kevikov
February 4, 2018, 12:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +818
Gold Stars: 13
We chose to work with a Company that doesn't do the building themselves, they set up enabling partners to fund the build while getting to build houses and commercial ventures to pay off the stadium build, so any enabling partners have to work with a company who are just joining dots and getting fortunes for it and work with a football club who have a board of directors we know are a nightmare to engage with and stuck firmly in the 1800's. Add in the local council who seem in no rush to support the new stadium so ask yourself, who would get involved with that scenario?

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
dapperz fun pub
February 4, 2018, 12:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from kevikov
We chose to work with a Company that doesn't do the building themselves, they set up enabling partners to fund the build while getting to build houses and commercial ventures to pay off the stadium build, so any enabling partners have to work with a company who are just joining dots and getting fortunes for it and work with a football club who have a board of directors we know are a nightmare to engage with and stuck firmly in the 1800's. Add in the local council who seem in no rush to support the new stadium so ask yourself, who would get involved with that scenario?

Whs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New ground?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.