Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JF- an invitation.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 203 Guests

JF- an invitation.

This thread currently has 4,520 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
February 3, 2018, 10:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,879
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Bigdog

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that one Herts..

To be honest up until the Fans Forum I actually just considered him an idealistic, enthusiastic amateur who was out of his depth. However the fact that he sat there and presided over one of the most public embarrassments the club has served up did it for me, so much that I considered never going to a game again, Marley telling supporters to shut up was unforgivable IMHO.

I deal with very difficult characters at director level daily in my job, the ones who believe their own BS are the hardest to align.      

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
lew chaterleys lover
February 3, 2018, 10:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from HertsGTFC

To be honest up until the Fans Forum I actually just considered him an idealistic, enthusiastic amateur who was out of his depth. However the fact that he sat there and presided over one of the most public embarrassments the club has served up did it for me, so much that I considered never going to a game again, Marley telling supporters to shut up was unforgivable IMHO.

I deal with very difficult characters at director level daily in my job, the ones who believe their own BS are the hardest to align.      

I said at the time of the forum that would be the beginning of the end. It was completely unforgivable to act like that. I still cannot quite believe it.  

You cannot act like that in a public forum which was being filmed for all and sundry to view and get away with it.

The thing that made me smile was that he was revelling in it - quite unaware what it would look like to the fan base and people at large. We all make mistakes but he got too cocky because at the time we'd had a couple of decent results.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JF- an invitation.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.