Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JF- an invitation.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 381 Guests

JF- an invitation.

This thread currently has 4,486 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
February 3, 2018, 9:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I would love to meet him but as he has asked me 'PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE never contact me again' saying it is none of my business and 'who really cares about your vile 'sish' (sic) mates' that might prove difficult. But put my name on any list and see what happens (I think I can guess).

Personally I think it would be a total and utter waste of time, many of the questions you listed in your original posting (basically all the intercourse ups) are identical to those I asked in my PM to him in November which led to the reply seen below as my signature. I have tried to speak to him before face to face at Colchester only to be fobbed off

All he wants to do is to churn out the same old platitudes we saw at the fans forum, when he was sitting on his snooker table and in the recent statement from the board.

Please go (frankly I wouldn't cross the street to talk to him as I know which way it would go even less drive up from Suffolk) as I would be interested to hear how you read him

If only he would admit his faults and mistakes instead of blaming others and circumstances, admit his decisions are awful and wrong and be 100% honest instead of feeding us bullshit I could live with him as non-chairman / major share holder etc. as I would be the first to recognise his passion and contribution to the club. He won't and things will not improve.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
Marinerz93
February 3, 2018, 9:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
1. John, when we get relegated will Russ be in charge when we are in non league.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
HertsGTFC
February 3, 2018, 9:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,629
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from ginnywings
https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1517522878//id-1206597#id1206597

In response to the above post, i was this morning contacted by John and invited along to meet him, along with "several others, as you wish, or not".

He says he and Jon (Wood, i presume) would be happy to answer any questions regarding how decisions are arrived at, democracy etc etc. He also said it would be a pleasure to meet MARINERZ 93 and have all his questions.

I wouldn't normally post details of a PM on site, but obviously this is an open invitation to anyone who wants to participate. I feel it can't be too many as it would probably get too unwieldy, but the offer is there for anyone who wants it. I'm undecided myself as i am not really that concerned about the democratic process of how decisions are arrived at. I'm more concerned at the decisions themselves. I'm also getting past the point of caring about GTFC personally, but others may want to have some answers.

So there you have it, it's up to you now. I'm to text him with a suitable date if you want to go ahead? He says he looks forward to it.

He signs off by saying:

Thanks John.

Just as concerned as you supporter UTM

When you met him before apart from us going up how much of what he told you came true? I am sure it would be a good thing for him to meet with small groups of reasonable supporters but I fear he would just put the defense mechanism into play like he did when Nathan went to see him.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
lew chaterleys lover
February 3, 2018, 9:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from HertsGTFC

When you met him before apart from us going up how much of what he told you came true? I am sure it would be a good thing for him to meet with small groups of reasonable supporters but I fear he would just put the defense mechanism into play like he did when Nathan went to see him.

He will obviously have answers to all of Ginny's points, but other than that what would be the point of meeting him?

He will say things are not as clear cut as supporters think, and then go on to say why all those decisions were made.

Any decision is based on something tangible, but that is not the point. He continues to make decisions that for one reason or another are poor ones for the football club. Even the one success he has had was a bit of a fluke (although we played well in the final) and nothing he has done has taken us one iota forward.

We are on life support, and have been for years, and that is about the sum of it.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
HertsGTFC
February 3, 2018, 10:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker

He will obviously have answers to all of Ginny's points, but other than that what would be the point of meeting him?

He will say things are not as clear cut as supporters think, and then go on to say why all those decisions were made.

Any decision is based on something tangible, but that is not the point. He continues to make decisions that for one reason or another are poor ones for the football club. Even the one success he has had was a bit of a fluke (although we played well in the final) and nothing he has done has taken us one iota forward.

We are on life support, and have been for years, and that is about the sum of it.

I could not agree more.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
ginnywings
February 3, 2018, 10:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from HertsGTFC

It wasn't that sort of discussion. It was about comments i had made regarding the Mike Parker situation but mostly about the clubs Chicken Tray trophy stance. I think the meeting was just after we got promoted anyway, though i'm not certain of it.

It looks like there isn't much traction for this latest offer of a meeting.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
HertsGTFC
February 3, 2018, 10:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

It wasn't that sort of discussion. It was about comments i had made regarding the Mike Parker situation but mostly about the clubs Chicken Tray trophy stance. I think the meeting was just after we got promoted anyway, though i'm not certain of it.

I'm surprised at that. I would like to meet up with him but fear in his view I've over stepped the mark on here to be a credible participant..

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
Bigdog
February 3, 2018, 10:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I'm surprised at that. I would like to meet up with him but fear in his view I've over stepped the mark on here to be a credible participant..

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that one Herts..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
lew chaterleys lover
February 3, 2018, 10:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from ginnywings

The best he could say is yes I agree I have made a mess of just about everything; he won't of course, and even if he did it doesn't help us does it?

The only thing that would work is money. How about we split the amount he needs, and make him an offer?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
Grantley
February 3, 2018, 10:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Chicken Tray  

Jordan Magrew
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JF- an invitation.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.