Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JF- an invitation.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 202 Guests

JF- an invitation.

This thread currently has 4,488 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
February 3, 2018, 7:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1517522878//id-1206597#id1206597

In response to the above post, i was this morning contacted by John and invited along to meet him, along with "several others, as you wish, or not".

He says he and Jon (Wood, i presume) would be happy to answer any questions regarding how decisions are arrived at, democracy etc etc. He also said it would be a pleasure to meet MARINERZ 93 and have all his questions.

I wouldn't normally post details of a PM on site, but obviously this is an open invitation to anyone who wants to participate. I feel it can't be too many as it would probably get too unwieldy, but the offer is there for anyone who wants it. I'm undecided myself as i am not really that concerned about the democratic process of how decisions are arrived at. I'm more concerned at the decisions themselves. I'm also getting past the point of caring about GTFC personally, but others may want to have some answers.

So there you have it, it's up to you now. I'm to text him with a suitable date if you want to go ahead? He says he looks forward to it.

He signs off by saying:

Thanks John.

Just as concerned as you supporter UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
fishyfanny
February 3, 2018, 7:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.94
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,516
Gold Stars: 15
I think that's a very telling remark, that you don't care about GTFC anymore. I'm sure you do, you just don't care what the current board have to say anymore!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
Marinerz93
February 3, 2018, 7:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
He can Pm me on here if he wants like he has a couple of times in the past but when I've said something to him in a pm he isn't interested in my view and he certainly isn't interested in answering any questions as I posed them to him in a pm also.

I don't understand why he is making out it would be a pleasure to meet me after he told Pete I was a nasty piece of work so he can go swing.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
TAGG
February 3, 2018, 7:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
No good me or anyone else going it's to late and Fentys ego is to big it would be like talking to the wall.
Anyhow i would be to shouty and sweary because of how angry I am about what a intercourse he's made of our club.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
Marinerz93
February 3, 2018, 7:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from TAGG
No good me or anyone else going it's to late and Fentys ego is to big it would be like talking to the wall.
Anyhow i would be to shouty and sweary because of how angry I am about what a intercourse he's made of our club.

That was evident at the fans forum and in pm's too.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
Freemoash88
February 3, 2018, 8:09pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Fair play to John I've got a lot of time for the bloke personally. I know I'll get my fair share of red crosses but 1 thing I can't knock him for is facing people head on and that takes balls tbh. He would actually sit in a room with 30 fans and have it out letting everyone give there view.

I'm sure John will hold his hands up and admit he's made mistakes. I don't agree with what went on at the fans forum. I think it was always destined to go wrong especially all the events leading up to it.

I thank the bloke for his support to the Club and I feel we need to back the team and get out of the position we are in.

Please don;t have a pop I'm entitled to my view and I respect yours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
chelseacity
February 3, 2018, 8:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +355
Gold Stars: 9
Once John Fenty became a councilor i would guess the writing was on the wall. As a councilor you really do have to put a lot of time & effort in along with meetings, this was bound to take up a lot of John's time which i guess would have an impact on the time that he could give to GTFC. I would also guess that when he started out at GTFC he was full of energy & ideas, bearing in mind he was a massive supporter then, i suppose that as the years have rolled by the energy has been drained from him, not to mention the excrement he gets from the fans who are looking in from the outside but have all the answers.Yes he has made mistakes, but you know a lot of people who he put his trust in have under performed, that includes the players & managers. I do not believe Russel Slade is the right manager for our club & i think it would have been a good idea for John Fenty to have left the club once we got promoted back into the league, this would have allowed him to get on with his life & GTFC to move onto the next stage whatever that would have been. Where are we now ? in trouble, assuming we avoid relegation which i think will happen only because the other football clubs below us are worse than ours, my suggestion is Russel Slade goes & John Fenty also goes, how it happens i don't know, but it needs to happen for everyone's sake.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
lew chaterleys lover
February 3, 2018, 8:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Freemoash88
Fair play to John I've got a lot of time for the bloke personally. I know I'll get my fair share of red crosses but 1 thing I can't knock him for is facing people head on and that takes balls tbh. He would actually sit in a room with 30 fans and have it out letting everyone give there view.

I'm sure John will hold his hands up and admit he's made mistakes. I don't agree with what went on at the fans forum. I think it was always destined to go wrong especially all the events leading up to it.

I thank the bloke for his support to the Club and I feel we need to back the team and get out of the position we are in.

Don't you see that is what he enjoys? He likes meeting us and having the final word on everything because he holds all the aces. We are an irritant, but occasionally he will throw us a bone to keep our anger under wraps.

We cannot remove him, and of course he is well aware of that. Ignore him is my advice, he will never change, he has no intention of changing (much like the rest of us) and he will only start to listen when somebody puts up the money he thinks he is owed.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
KingstonMariner
February 3, 2018, 9:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I would have thought it's too late for dialogue of the kind where John explains how it is. I think you'd be wasting your time and breath. We know he's not going to change.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
TAGG
February 3, 2018, 9:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Freemoash88

Over the years he’s been running things he’s made mistake after mistake and because of his massive ego he has never admitted to or apologised for any of em.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JF- an invitation.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.