Tommy
February 3, 2018, 11:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Sorry about that trying to watch MOD and post comments and must leave it to the Mrs to try and do two things at once.

Re Summerfield agree re his effort but thought he had a poor day distribution wise with his two second half free kicks perfect examples his radar was not switched on. He also hesitated two or three times on the edge of our box and lost possession that said Berrett gave him no support at all.

MoM for me Clarke or Mills as against those big buggers they defended pretty heroically I thought.

Of his 11 corner kicks and, at a guess, 4 or 5 free kicks (including the one we scored from), he hit 2 poor ones. I'll forgive a League Two footballer for that ratio.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
Maringer
February 3, 2018, 11:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
The problem was that we couldn't create much of a threat from set pieces because they were so much taller than us throughout their team. I see we actually won more corners than them. Unfortunately, their extra inches meant they were more likely to get it clear than we were to score. After the early goal, of course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
arryarryarry
February 4, 2018, 12:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
I thought we started very well as we have done in quite a few games of late but as per usual we couldn't keep it going.

The game deteriorated into one lacking in any real quality between two poor sides. Even with 4 forwards on the pitch after the goal we hardly troubled their keeper until the last few minutes.

I have to disagree with some on here, I don't think we have the quality to stay up and feel that we will have to rely on other poor teams below us.

The last nine games we have failed to stop the opposition scoring and I just don't see that many games where we will score more than one goal or even manage to get the one.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
barrattstandman
February 4, 2018, 8:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +477
Gold Stars: 17
If you look back we got an excellent 0-0 at Notts Co. , no shame in a 0-2 v. Luton, a fair 1-1 with Mansfield , after that is when we performed poorly and conceded regularly. Why ? Well think back the next game was Accrington and that was where we lost Macca. Defensively we haven’t been the same. No disrespect to either keepers but the defence doesn’t have the same confidence as before . I think that could be half the problem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
Abdul19
February 4, 2018, 9:09am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,553
Gold Stars: 215
He got injured when we were 1 up v Mansfield. Which backs your point up even more

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
99agrant
February 4, 2018, 10:59am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +128
Gold Stars: 4
Any news on when he is likely to be fit to play?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
rancido
February 4, 2018, 12:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Teestogreen
I see Mark Cooper (FGR) had the confidence to bring on Chris Clements in the 63rd minute today (against Coventry) and lo ! FGR scored in the 64th - leading to a vital 3 points and gaining 2 points on Town.
Can we recall him a.s.a.p.?

We have let Clements go , Osborne went back to Solihull (but I'm convinced that was more to do with Slade than homesickness ) and sold Jones to Shrewsbury. These are all mid-fielders ( Jones previous club used him as an attacking mid-fielder) and yet we keep Berrett who is mostly anonymous most games. Slade's judgement of mid-field players is atrocious and his tactics will see us relegated .

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
MrsMariner
February 4, 2018, 12:34pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
Don't agree with comments that was the worst home game yet there have been far worse but it wasn't great I must admit.
I think the early goal glossed over a few things. Felt sorry for Vernam he's looked a threat centrally in previous games but out wide he didn't contribute much, surely the better option would have been to start with DJ or Dembele and bring on Vernam as an impact sub later in the game. The game was there for the taking but too often the final ball just isnt good enough and without a second goal it was inevitable that Cheltenham would score against our shaky defence. I think our only hope is that when Macca gets back in goal it will instill a bit more confidence in the back four and we can manage the odd clean sheet.
As for Slade I've no idea what he's suppose to be building but with all these loanees what ever it is it will have to be knocked down and rebuilt in the summer. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
Zmariner
February 4, 2018, 2:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Teestogreen
I see Mark Cooper (FGR) had the confidence to bring on Chris Clements in the 63rd minute today (against Coventry) and lo ! FGR scored in the 64th - leading to a vital 3 points and gaining 2 points on Town.
Can we recall him a.s.a.p.?

Should have been given a chance. Berrett , Rose, Clements ! Worth a vote on it's own. SLADE's recruitment has been the worst I can recall and he deserves the sack on that never mind results utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
RonMariner
February 4, 2018, 6:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,666
Gold Stars: 226
When is Rose available again? Is it next week?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.