6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
February 3, 2018, 8:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Clifton wasn't in the squad so would have been tricky to bring him on!

I thought Matt did OK (but for his late miss) when you consider that they were doubling or even trebling up on him. Needed to get more support alongside him to pick up the pieces, however.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
Croxton
February 3, 2018, 8:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,011
Gold Stars: 33
My apologies! Still believe Matt tired and fresh legs arrived late.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
Bigdog
February 3, 2018, 8:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Croxton
My apologies! Still believe Matt tired and fresh legs arrived late.

Not according to Russ's data..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
Grimbiggs
February 3, 2018, 9:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Abit more of an attacking threat today, but that's not saying much! The team still looked disjointed, and for me it looked liked Slade had just throw names into a hat, and draw whatever name came out, and put a team together. I spoke to Clifton's mum before the match, and he must be wondering how a player on loan to Chester who hasn't played a game for two weeks, can get in the squad ahead of him! Vernam never looked comfortable out wide, and whilst he scored, Jackson didn't receive the kind of service that he needs. Centre midfield was poor today, and not for the first time Berrett was anonymous. We played to their strengths plumping balls long all afternoon, against a team of giants, who apart from one or two moments, dealt with our attacks fairly comfortably. Whilst our defence was resilient on the whole, an equaliser always looked likely, as we sat deep for most of the second half, and just let them bombard us, with the aerial threat that they had. Killip, Mills and Clarke played well, and Malik did ok, Dembele whilst recovering from injury, has gone off the boil, and the rest were average at best, with Matt summing up the afternoon by missing a golden opportunity at the end. Hard to see where the next win is coming, with a trip away to in form Crawley....UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
lew chaterleys lover
February 3, 2018, 9:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Well I think that was the worst home game yet.

Early goal apart, we were a shambles from start to finish.

I sit in the Pontoon with a lot of other lost souls. Is there any chance whatsoever of scoring a goal in our home end?

We will just have to hope 2 teams are worse than this collection of has beens, never will be's and those that aren't even that good.

I have defended Slade to a degree up to now, but what a shower we are.

I have wanted Fenty out for donkeys years but now I can add Slade to the list, and apologies to anyone who I accused of being trigger happy.

I feel completely and utterly fed up with it all and that is from somebody who has put their heart and soul into it for nearly 60 years.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
Mrs Doyle
February 3, 2018, 9:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Matt was definitely getting double and treble upped on and getting roughed up he did well to keep is head wished he had kept it with that late chance that would have been sweet justice indeed.

Just a word on young Killip he is gaining confidence and looking more assured made a couple of great saves the experience is doing him good. One top notch catch under pressure against that big sod was very impressive.

As was one great long throw set us up.

Also, his reaction when they scored was good to see he was seething not sure if it was with the defence or just gutted either way he looks to be staking a place
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
chaos33
February 3, 2018, 9:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,864
Gold Stars: 353
Me too Lew.......Forty years a supporter. Balanced. Rational. Non abusive. Had enough. Won't take my 5 year old and he won't go anyway. Like Ginny and lots of others, I am a whisker away from turning my back after a lifetime of devotion. Change the management John. It's our only hope. It couldn't be clearer; week after week after week, the same lesson.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
Maringer
February 3, 2018, 9:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Perhaps not the best example complaining that Hall-Johnson was put in the squad ahead of Clifton! You've got to have a defender on the bench as cover for injuries and he was required today.

Clifton maybe unlucky to miss out but we didn't have another central midfielder on the bench, did we? All attacking options. Well, relatively speaking!

Most telling for me today was that the 4 attacking players were all loanees. When you consider that we don't have many injuries, it tells you all you need to know about Slade's efforts at recruitment in the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
Teestogreen
February 3, 2018, 9:26pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 22
I see Mark Cooper (FGR) had the confidence to bring on Chris Clements in the 63rd minute today (against Coventry) and lo ! FGR scored in the 64th - leading to a vital 3 points and gaining 2 points on Town.
Can we recall him a.s.a.p.?

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
Grimbiggs
February 3, 2018, 9:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Quoted from 43[b
]Perhaps not the best example complaining that Hall-Johnson was put in the squad ahead of Clifton[/b]! You've got to have a defender on the bench as cover for injuries and he was required today.

Clifton maybe unlucky to miss out but we didn't have another central midfielder on the bench, did we? All attacking options. Well, relatively speaking!

Most telling for me today was that the 4 attacking players were all loanees. When you consider that we don't have many injuries, it tells you all you need to know about Slade's efforts at recruitment in the summer.

Clifton has played several times at right-back, albeit mainly in the reserves, but as you mentioned no central midfielder on the bench anyway. If I was in his position I'd be pretty aggrieved, another player Slade seems to have no faith in.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.