Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from cmackenzie4
What was the crowd, anyone know?

Bored and dispondant mainly  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 50
ginnywings
February 3, 2018, 6:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from cmackenzie4
What was the crowd, anyone know?

3350 ish. 92 of theirs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
cmackenzie4
February 3, 2018, 6:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Thanks ginny

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 3, 2018, 6:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,643
Gold Stars: 70
Good first five minutes and we came out obviously charged up, early goal & then the batteries run flat. Cheltenham were another poor team but clearly have a game plan which will see them alright but will not bring any entertainment to grounds they visit.

Travelling home we were pretty much broken men with the same opinions as expressed in above posts. Defensively we are pretty sound and full of praise for Reece Johnson on his debut and he could, and probably should have, capped it off with a goal when he cut inside.

Vernam clearly out of position and contributed little, Malik has good turn of pace and needs to add composure but some potential there. Matt is Matt, unfairly treated by refs in my opinion but struggles to hold the ball as did Jackson who apart from the goal did little.

Midfield, loose description as non- existent and Clifton and/ or Mc Allister have to play before Berrett and because we are so poor we must play three in there to give us some chance of retaining and retrieving the ball.

Gloomy days ahead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
barralad
February 3, 2018, 6:47pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
I guess part of the problem is that whoever comes in is under pressure to instantly make their mark.
The start couldn't have been better. The sense of relief both on and off the pitch when Jackson stuck away his effort was palpable. IF we'd have got the second soon after from that bit of a scramble then I've no doubt we'd have gone on to win.
Cheltenham came into it beginning a domination over midfield they retained for the rest of the game. We got very lucky with the clearance off the line in the build up to Collins' injury because when Mills(?) got to it he and the ball were a good two feet over the line. We got very unlucky with Collins injury. It also limited Slade's ability to make tactical substitutions again.
Rest of the first half was pretty desperate.A lot of the second half was the same. An equaliser was always likely.
After they'd scored I thought we gave it a good go. Jackson was inches away from instant folk hero status from DJs cross cum shot and Matt..oh dear! One ounce of composure and the points were ours.
Positives?  Hall-Johnston and Jackson's debuts. Killip is really growing in confidence although our defenders deserve credit for keeping much stuff away from him under intense aerial pressure. The fans who got behind the team even at 1.1
Negatives? I watched Dembele tear Cheltenham apart for over 40 minutes at their place but thought he didn't deliver today in what most around me thought was a good substitution by Slade.
Amusement Factors? The guys in the Upper Findus who unveiled a banner upside down and inside out which added to the circus atmosphere.
The concerted noise from the Pontoon blaming Pell for the refs "injury" in an ultimately failed bid to get him punished..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
Mrs Doyle
February 3, 2018, 7:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Dembele looks like a Player whose confidence s been shot to shitrags poor kid typified by that terrible effort on goal. Matt's effort was woeful why he tried to blast the ball when a simply placed shot was all that was needed only he will know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 50
lee65
February 3, 2018, 7:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Balthazar Bullitt
The only tackle berret won all afternoon was the one on the ref!

And for those of you who weren’t there this is actually factual  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 50
TAGG
February 3, 2018, 7:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 123
First 15 going forward with intent, after that utter excrement again.
If we had been playing a decent side we would have been hammered.
Wilks was good first off but ran out of steam.
Summerfield MOM for his effort.
Slade just has not got a clue.
I will be watching the rest of the games this season but no chance of me buying a ST again if this clown is still in charge.

We are excrement and I can't see us winning another game this season.
Thanks Mr Fenty

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
Croxton
February 3, 2018, 8:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
General comments above accepted but I quibble at some criticism of Jackson's second half. He worked hard and got into good positions when we broke . Not his fault if the supply was wanting. For his size, he dealt with the high ball much better than Matt who should have been swapped for Clifton or DJ much earlier to improve our passing and ball retention.
Slade again failed to manage the game. It was evident after 10 minutes that Vernam is no right winger. Considering the imbalances in selection and loss of Collins we were lucky not to lose.
Reece Hall was excellent in a pressure situation. Can he play left back ?
Berrett was his anonymous self.
Matt capped a poor half with his shocking miss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 50
Jarmo.Is.God
February 3, 2018, 8:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Jackson movement off the ball, and runs he was making was very good IMO, if he had received the balls he wanted, the result would be different.

It all comes down to a lack a creativity in the middle, and we had that with Osborne.

Summerfield is a worker, but won't contribute with assists or goals.

Hall-johnson guy looked a good player, and Malik also had a good game.

The others just average as normal.

But I don't think the problem is the players, as I strongly believe we have a team good enough to sit comfortably in mid table, We just dont have a manager good enough to get them there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.