6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Zmariner
February 3, 2018, 5:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
Dreadful performance, pushed back for most of the game. Simply, what a load of rubbish. Team tried but they are hopeless. Lightweight forwards and centre mid abysmal. What is the point of Berrett and even summerfield was poor today. We are going down as I cannot see how this pitifull team will win another game SLADE OUT
Logged Offline
Private Message
headingly_mariner
February 3, 2018, 5:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Great and extremely lucky start. Don't think we had a shot on target after that.  4 strikers starting?

They were shite and we were still nowhere near.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 50
Sigone
February 3, 2018, 5:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
That was one of the worst games I've seen in a while (and we've seen some rubbish this season). The ball spent very little time on the floor and nobody had any composure. 0% entertainment 100% fruatration.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
ginnywings
February 3, 2018, 5:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Sorry peeps but Slade is taking us down. He is using the tried and tested Neil Woods method of drawing our way to relegation.

I have seen some sh1t in my time but that is the worst, most unbalanced squad i have ever seen. Two young inexperienced strikers with barely a handful of games between them playing in midfield. Backed up by the most ineffective duo you could imagine, who are used to relegation. Losing our best defender and having to replace him with a midget right back against a giant front line because we have no-one else. We then have to put in a right back who is making his debut, but to be fair, he looked ok. Only one player on the pitch that is contracted for next season. Loanees everywhere you look. I just cannot see where the goals are going to come from and if you can't score goals, you can't win games.

We were pushed back for almost the entire second half and they won just about every header, loose ball and second ball going. Our answer was the usual sit back and panic, by booting the ball as high and as far as we could, only to see it come straight back again. It just looks all too familiar.

Jackson scored, then didn't do much else. Matt is about as elegant as a new born giraffe, though he tries hard. Malik looked quick and tricky, but we were mainly out battled by their land of the giants players.

One thing i know, is that if you keep changing personnel and formation, grasping for a win, it usually doesn't go well. That side today bore no relation to a professionally put together and drilled football team. It all smacks of hit and hope.

Slade out.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 50
Balthazar Bullitt
February 3, 2018, 5:54pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
The only tackle berret won all afternoon was the one on the ref!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
moosey_club
February 3, 2018, 5:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,208
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from ginnywings
Sorry peeps but Slade is taking us down. He is using the tried and tested Neil Woods method of drawing our way to relegation.

I have seen some sh1t in my time but that is the worst, most unbalanced squad i have ever seen. Two young inexperienced strikers with barely a handful of games between them playing in midfield. Backed up by the most ineffective duo you could imagine, who are used to relegation. Losing our best defender and having to replace him with a midget right back against a giant front line because we have no-one else. We then have to put in a right back who is making his debut, but to be fair, he looked ok. Only one player on the pitch that is contracted for next season. Loanees everywhere you look. I just cannot see where the goals are going to come from and if you can't score goals, you can't win games.

We were pushed back for almost the entire second half and they won just about every header, loose ball and second ball going. Our answer was the usual sit back and panic, by booting the ball as high and as far as we could, only to see it come straight back again. It just looks all too familiar.

Jackson scored, then didn't do much else. Matt is about as elegant as a new born giraffe, though he tries hard. Malik looked quick and tricky, but we were mainly out battled by their land of the giants players.

One thing i know, is that if you keep changing personnel and formation, grasping for a win, it usually doesn't go well. That side today bore no relation to a professionally put together and drilled football team. It all smacks of hit and hope.

Slade out.

Just echo your thoughts and add i thought Mills did well stepping in to centre half given the opposition tactics and also impressed with Hall Johnson whose first touches were to bring down a high ball and then fire a slick pass into the stikers feet....certainly didnt look like a player making his home debut and coming back after an injury lay off.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 50
Zmariner
February 3, 2018, 6:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
Berrett typifies the last relegation team for me. This is madness as a huge proportion will throw the towel in if we go down after the struggle to escape. This is the lowest ebb for me and every week with Slade I get closer to stopping going. Like many the season ticket is the only reason lots of us go .100% would not he there if I had to buy a ticket
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
Gaffer58
February 3, 2018, 6:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Told you that after his cameo appearance on Tuesday Clifton would be overlooked again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
cmackenzie4
February 3, 2018, 6:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
What was the crowd, anyone know?

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
Gaffer58
February 3, 2018, 6:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Crowd, 3300 odd but only 2456 in actual attendance!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.