2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
February 3, 2018, 5:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Nice to Russ smashing on the afterburners and us going through the gears.  

You can just imagine the banter with Neil Woods in training, " I'm coming for you Lightning, that winless record is gonna be mine"
Logged Offline
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
February 3, 2018, 5:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
He's building though swan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
RonMariner
February 3, 2018, 5:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Also, it's just 4 goals in 11 games. Dreadful.

This is looking like a re run of 2010.  A manager who can't muster a win in a quarter of a season.

This was truly a must win game for many reasons. Against a very mediocre side. If we couldn't win this one I don't know where the next win is coming from.

So we are now 9 points off the drop zone having played more games than every team below us, in some cases two more.

It looks like Barnet are finished. I think our only hope is that Chesterfield continue to crash and burn because every other team below us look a good bet to overtake us.

Have the board learnt nothing from 2010?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
dapperz fun pub
February 3, 2018, 5:28pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
I agree Barnet probably are gone but that other spot is up for grabs with about 6 in the mix
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
fleabag1970
February 3, 2018, 5:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Dont forget though . If the team were playing well the board wouldn't be under pressure .... news flash guys . Your record in the EFL stinks of dog excrement , that's why fans are drunk off with you ... thick gits

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
RonMariner
February 3, 2018, 6:35pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
This has all the hallmarks of a manager who has completely lost it. Unbalanced squad, total absence of structure on the pitch, clueless aimless hoof ball. It's desperate.

Meanwhile, off the pitch, the board continue to sit by an watch in the hope that things will suddenly turn around. Well they didn't in 2010 and I cant see it happening now.

I do understand the point about swapping and changing managers prematurely, but 11 games with no wins and just 4 (or is it 5?) goals is a club in free fall. If we do survive it will be because of the likes of Barnet and Chesterfield sinking without trace.

The maddening thing is that we have had some pretty good players in the last few seasons. But we couldn't hang on to them, And we let others drift away. Have you ever heard of anything as stupid as letting a 37 goal striker go because he wanted a two year contract? How about letting Pearson go? Or Toto, Nolan, Rodman, John Lewis, Arnold, Magnay, and more recently Jones and Osbourne. We have done the hard part, i.e. finding and signing good players. But then we just let them slip through our fingers, presumably to save a few quid on wages. Imagine the side we would have with those players listed above in the squad. Compare them to what we have now.

Look at what Paul Hurst is achieving with some financial backing. With several from the above list in his team. It could be us challenging for promotion from L1.  Instead we are going to be lucky to avoid relegation to the conference.

That is really the scale of the failure of the board. The sooner they go the better. And lets hope the first act of the new owners is to dump Slade. We will be starting from ground zero, but at least we might finally start moving in the right direction.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Marinerz93
February 3, 2018, 6:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
4 points from 33 tells it as it is, relegation form, maybe Fenty's football fortune is that two other sides are worse than us.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Grimbiggs
February 4, 2018, 12:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Crawley have scored in each of their last 7 matches. Crawley have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches. Crawley have won 6 out of their last 7 games. Crawley are 3rd (based on last 8 matches)

Grimsby have failed to win in their last 11 matches. Grimsby conceded at least one goal in each of their last 10 matches. Grimsby are 24th (based on last 8 matches)

Bring on Crawley then, nothing to fear from these stats!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
RexFannies
February 4, 2018, 12:49am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +517
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from RonMariner
Also, it's just 4 goals in 11 games. Dreadful.

This is looking like a re run of 2010.  A manager who can't muster a win in a quarter of a season.

This was truly a must win game for many reasons. Against a very mediocre side. If we couldn't win this one I don't know where the next win is coming from.

So we are now 9 points off the drop zone having played more games than every team below us, in some cases two more.

It looks like Barnet are finished. I think our only hope is that Chesterfield continue to crash and burn because every other team below us look a good bet to overtake us.

Have the board learnt nothing from 2010?

Lets not forget the season before that when it was only Luton's points deduction that stopped us going out the league a year earlier. That should have been a warning.

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008–09_Football_League_Two[/url]

The Only Way Is Up
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
ginnywings
February 4, 2018, 12:55am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Too right and we are now in our third relegation battle in 4 league seasons. Fan's fault.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 4 points from 33

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.