1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
February 3, 2018, 1:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Now for one second I don't think it would sell via this method but nobody has ever done this with a sports franchise before so I think it would garner international press coverage:

Put the club up for sale on eBay with a 2 million reserve.

The point of the exercise would be to get the message out as far and wide as humanly possible that the club is for sale. You could imagine most sports news channels and all the UK press running the story.

cue the red crosses lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
February 3, 2018, 5:48pm
Guest User
I think Fenty just needs to officially put the Club up for Sale. The Fans and local businesses can help advertise it far and wide!!
Reply: 1 - 5
promotion plaice
February 3, 2018, 6:12pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Now for one second I don't think it would sell via this method but nobody has ever done this with a sports franchise before so I think it would garner international press coverage:

Put the club up for sale on eBay with a 2 million reserve.

The point of the exercise would be to get the message out as far and wide as humanly possible that the club is for sale. You could imagine most sports news channels and all the UK press running the story.

cue the red crosses lol

Buy it now price of £35 million  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
Swansea_Mariner
February 4, 2018, 10:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
No X's just O's perhaps not such a wacky idea then.

What other ideas do people have to attract inward investment?

One other thought I had was for the Trust to sponsor full page advertisements in the broadsheets. I think we need to think bigger than just the telegraph and local businesses.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
bigdavemariner
February 4, 2018, 10:57am
UTM
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 4
Or put it on the dodgy swaps and sales pages on Facebook.
Some lass messaging asking if we'd take a fiver, save it while Tuesday while she gets her money and can we deliver to Immingham haha

Gary Lump Lump Lump!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
Grimsby2012
February 4, 2018, 6:16pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
This wouldn't work even if we did actually do it. Lincoln fans would flock to the auction and bet on it without any intention of actually paying it of course....

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gimmick to help sell the club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.