arryarryarry
February 3, 2018, 11:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,939
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Grim74
We will see how much the fans are united on this by the demonstration numbers, anything below1000 will say that the majority back the board, but anything below 500 would say it's  just the noisy hysterical minority and that would be embarrassing.

Never heard of the silent majority then.

Your thinking is the same as that clown David Camoron who thought all those anti-EU were a hysterical minority.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
davmariner
February 4, 2018, 1:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Interesting that all these new pro-Slade and Fenty accounts are starting to emerge. I wonder who they could be...

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
Ipswin
February 4, 2018, 7:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from arryarryarry

David Camoron who thought all those anti-EU were a hysterical minority.

They were, sorry, are

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
Ipswin
February 4, 2018, 8:03am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from davmariner
Interesting that all these new pro-Slade and Fenty accounts are starting to emerge. I wonder who they could be...

My attitude to Fenty is changing, not because I think he is the right man for the job, I still don't simply because of his temperament but I'd rather he was there in some capacity as I believe he is basically a half decent if domineering bloke.
He needs football people around him (get rid of Steve 'Shut up' Marley - there are lots of old past-it accountants around who with the aid of a calculator can still 'do' the books and old solicitors and racehorse owners) Get people with proper football nouse who is he prepared to listen to. Get a good PR man on you go

Fitst job for the new look Fenty - change the manager NOW before its too late (I haven't changed my attitude towards Slade thats for sure)

Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
Fishy_fishtails
February 4, 2018, 10:38am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from Gtfc123

It was a pointless protest anyway. In the upper Findus we got a guy with a bed sheet and some spray paint thinking the whole stand would back him and when they didn’t he got abusive.
When are the fans going to realise that you need to be careful what you wish for.
Personally speaking if I was John Fenty getting this sort of abuse I would walk and call my loans in. I’m sure the 150 or so protesters can get a couple of million together to buy him out as they are all intelligent people who would know how to run a football club right ?

I saw him from the main stand, all it did where we sat was raise a smile because at first it was upside down! And having half a sheet of a4 paper with Fenty out is hardly a protest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
KingstonMariner
February 4, 2018, 10:49am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

My attitude to Fenty is changing, not because I think he is the right man for the job, I still don't simply because of his temperament but I'd rather he was there in some capacity as I believe he is basically a half decent if domineering bloke.
He needs football people around him (get rid of Steve 'Shut up' Marley - there are lots of old past-it accountants around who with the aid of a calculator can still 'do' the books and old solicitors and racehorse owners) Get people with proper football nouse who is he prepared to listen to. Get a good PR man on you go

Fitst job for the new look Fenty - change the manager NOW before its too late (I haven't changed my attitude towards Slade thats for sure)

Has he shown any inclination of listening and learning up to now Swin? Why do you think he's going to change now? I mean he'll need to change his outlook if he's going to make the changes you suggest.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
Ipswin
February 4, 2018, 12:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Has he shown any inclination of listening and learning up to now Swin? Why do you think he's going to change now? I mean he'll need to change his outlook if he's going to make the changes you suggest.

No he hasn't but I can't believe that he wants to sever his connections to his beloved club. I think he wants to be rid of all the toxic stuff from the fans and perhaps he can do that by surrounding himself with people who know what they are doing thus saving him from making more intercourse ups for which he will be further pilloried.

I'm certain he doesn't really want to go and we should look very carefully at what it will be like when he does. He's no idiot (although its difficult to see that sometimes) hes just stubborn and set in his ways and thinks he has the ability to totally control everything at BP, I have no problem with the control bit (he owns the club after all and someone has to be) so long as it is controlled correctly with better decisions football-wise, better PR, more openness - its really not that difficult

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
Marinerz93
February 4, 2018, 12:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Ipswin

In a pm I expressed how much the club needs professional PR and how valuable they could be to the club. He isn't interested, as he has previously stated the club does it's PR on the pitch.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
Zmariner
February 4, 2018, 1:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from El Pratto
I think we as town fans should all be backing the manager and team not protesting. Slade has moved on the dead wood and the players that don't want to be here. He's assembled an experienced organised team that will turn things round Jackson is a proven goal scorer 40 goals in 88 games for Rushden and Diamonds 04-08 shows that. All town are we and i think protesting will do more damage than good.

IN SLADE WE TRUST!!!
UTM!!!!

I think SLADE has been worse than useless but we are where we are and protests the the end of games. Disrupting the games is madness , creating such a toxic atmosphere will take us down and so support , pay off SLADE from your own cas or stay away is my view. I will support utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pointless protest

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.