Stadium
February 3, 2018, 1:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Grim74
We will see how much the fans are united on this by the demonstration numbers, anything below1000 will say that the majority back the board, but anything below 500 would say it's  just the noisy hysterical minority and that would be embarrassing.

This.
I would guess the majority of STH will be nowhere near it.
Regardless it will have no bearing on the management/ownership.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
El Pratto
February 3, 2018, 3:16pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -205
Quoted from KingstonMariner
NAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Wow! An average of 22 games and 10 goals a season! He must be outstanding. And it was only 10 years ago.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
KingstonMariner
February 3, 2018, 6:38pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Grim74
We will see how much the fans are united on this by the demonstration numbers, anything below1000 will say that the majority back the board, but anything below 500 would say it's  just the noisy hysterical minority and that would be embarrassing.

Typically poor logic. It says nothing of the sort. It just says that the majority don't support the act of that protest.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
Mrs Doyle
February 3, 2018, 6:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
The wannabe traffic warden sticking Fenty out signs on my car window screen without my permission can do one as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
Garth
February 3, 2018, 6:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from ginnywings

Thing is, we don't get the player that is on his way to being that goalscorer. We get the player who used to be that goalscorer, when he is on the wane. His recent record isn't up to much, and if it was, they wouldn't have let him go.

Hope he still has something to offer and can re-kindle his form from his earlier days.

Won us a point today and did what was strange to others ---- scored, I will take that on his first outing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
barralad
February 3, 2018, 6:56pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
The wannabe traffic warden sticking Fenty out signs on my car window screen without my permission can do one as well.

The wannabe bill posters using the image of Thomas Turgoose without permission might be a tad concerned too...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
ginnywings
February 3, 2018, 7:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Garth

Won us a point today and did what was strange to others ---- scored, I will take that on his first outing

Yep, good on him. Was an easy finish but it's the good strikers that are in the right place at the right time. I did say i hope he recaptures earlier form.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
Gtfc123
February 3, 2018, 10:47pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: -52
Quoted from El Pratto
I think we as town fans should all be backing the manager and team not protesting. Slade has moved on the dead wood and the players that don't want to be here. He's assembled an experienced organised team that will turn things round Jackson is a proven goal scorer 40 goals in 88 games for Rushden and Diamonds 04-08 shows that. All town are we and i think protesting will do more damage than good.

IN SLADE WE TRUST!!!
UTM!!!!

It was a pointless protest anyway. In the upper Findus we got a guy with a bed sheet and some spray paint thinking the whole stand would back him and when they didn’t he got abusive.
When are the fans going to realise that you need to be careful what you wish for.
Personally speaking if I was John Fenty getting this sort of abuse I would walk and call my loans in. I’m sure the 150 or so protesters can get a couple of million together to buy him out as they are all intelligent people who would know how to run a football club right ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
lew chaterleys lover
February 3, 2018, 11:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,649
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Gtfc123

It was a pointless protest anyway. In the upper Findus we got a guy with a bed sheet and some spray paint thinking the whole stand would back him and when they didn’t he got abusive.
When are the fans going to realise that you need to be careful what you wish for.
Personally speaking if I was John Fenty getting this sort of abuse I would walk and call my loans in. I’m sure the 150 or so protesters can get a couple of million together to buy him out as they are all intelligent people who would know how to run a football club right ?

It was pointless in that it will not achieve anything in the short term, of course it won't, only money will do that.

The protest however is quite legitimate and long overdue. It is almost as pivotal a moment as Mr.Fenty being carried shoulder high from the pitch at Bournemouth for doing the quite remarkable job of masterminding avoiding relegation to non league. He learned a lot from that and the very next season..we got relegated to non league.  

GTFC will be here long after John Fenty has left. It has been in worse places before, and in much better places in its long and illustrious history, but it will not be in Fenty's shadow forever.  
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
Marinerz93
February 3, 2018, 11:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Gtfc123

You are absolutely right, Joe Nobody, has got no cash and got no idea how to run a football club. I just hope we get some football fortune to get us out of non league next season where we can blow smoke up the board's bottom for more great management decisions.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pointless protest

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.