1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
February 2, 2018, 11:18pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Now more than ever is the time for this. The Trust needs more members to strengthen its mandate and income. It looks like we could be heading for a big rupture of one kind or another.

I know a lot of people are talking about protesting and it probably feels good to be taking some sort of action. But we need to have a strong Trust if and when 'regime change' happens (and for the radicals out there, to help make regime change happen). Protest by all means but get on board, bring that energy and get involved and change things for the good.

I'd love to see the Trust get out there and encourage more people to join. As well as all the media stuff there's nothing like face-to-face contact. I always remember Andy Stephenson and Bob Moss badgering people at away games to join Its a Grim Exile back in the late 90s - very hard to ignore! I'm sure there'd be volunteers to help do this (I don't mind being an annoying prat   )

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
forza ivano
February 3, 2018, 1:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Christ, that takes me back a few years😟! I suppose it does show what a little bit of effort can achieve. An indication of how long ago it was;that the catalyst was us getting relegated from the old div 2, meaning we wouldn't be covered on teletext!
But we did get up to 200 exiles paying a membership which helped sponsor the youth team and we had some very pleasant meets n beers before away games.and some of those friendships have persisted to this day.
The other massive plus was that we had a large ready made'database' for the trust to use as they took the mantle on from us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
KingstonMariner
February 3, 2018, 1:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from forza ivano
Christ, that takes me back a few years😟! I suppose it does show what a little bit of effort can achieve. An indication of how long ago it was;that the catalyst was us getting relegated from the old div 2, meaning we wouldn't be covered on teletext!
But we did get up to 200 exiles paying a membership which helped sponsor the youth team and we had some very pleasant meets n beers before away games.and some of those friendships have persisted to this day.
The other massive plus was that we had a large ready made'database' for the trust to use as they took the mantle on from us.

Yeah, over 20 years.

Whoosh! 'What was that? It was your life son.'  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
Trawler
February 3, 2018, 2:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
I’ve still got most of my It’s a Grim exile newsletters Forza. Some great days and nights out were had.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
grimsby pete
February 3, 2018, 2:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Yes agree better get some membership cards printed in readiness.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
Ipswin
February 3, 2018, 6:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete
Yes agree better get some membership cards printed in readiness.

Not with the Trust Chairman's name on tho'  

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust Membership Drive

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.