2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
February 2, 2018, 8:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,142
Gold Stars: 220
Dembele  - scan shows nothing too serious , days not weeks the diagnosis but maybe too soon for tomorrow
McKeown - doing handling work, not kicking the ball as yet....a few weeks away yet
On Kelly and Hooper  getting pushed down the pecking order - they have to react on training ground..its what competition is about
Sam Jones - he has progressed his career and gone to the next level, an offer came in and was accepted....( RS steered away from directly answering  whether or not he would have liked to have kept him
on receiving the vote of confidence ...too busy working on transfers, JF keeps in touch with him to let him know whats what
next summer squad building - have tracks on and already working on a couple of players  and some of these loanees are out of contract in the summer so in a good position should they work out ... its a process !!

now the two biggies.....
when asked - thats 7 loan players now isnt it ?  RS - i think its 6 isnt it ? 6 with the keeper ??  Might be 7.    You really dont know ?!?!? Seriously !! Worrying
&
wherever i have been given time to build i have been successful , been through it before, come through and been successful ...really ?...define success Russell please, as far as i am aware apart from a few manager of the months and years you have not won anything with a team...= success??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05wwryk

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
February 2, 2018, 8:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Here's a thought Russ. Maybe Sam Jones could have gone to the next level with us if you had delivered the play off spot you said was achievable. I'd also like to know why the several players you gave 2 year contracts to can't get anywhere near the squad and i would really love to know why we have more loan players than even you can keep count of. I'd also particularly like to know how you think having 8 strikers on the books of a modest league 2 team is good management, especially as the four we actually have contracted to us are now at the bottom of the 8, with one training with the youths.

I also have issue with the way he casually talks about signings they are tracking for next season, when we may not be in a position to sign those players if we don't get our fingers out sharpish. He is talking like league football next season is a given and he will be around to manage us. I'm not certain on either of those fronts.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
Ruston AT
February 2, 2018, 9:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +397
Gold Stars: 9
The man has lost the plot never mind the fans!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
chaos33
February 2, 2018, 9:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from ginnywings
Here's a thought Russ. Maybe Sam Jones could have gone to the next level with us if you had delivered the play off spot you said was achievable. I'd also like to know why the several players you gave 2 year contracts to can't get anywhere near the squad and i would really love to know why we have more loan players than even you can keep count of. I'd also particularly like to know how you think having 8 strikers on the books of a modest league 2 team is good management, especially as the four we actually have contracted to us are now at the bottom of the 8, with one training with the youths.

I also have issue with the way he casually talks about signings they are tracking for next season, when we may not be in a position to sign those players if we don't get our fingers out sharpish. He is talking like league football next season is a given and he will be around to manage us. I'm not certain on either of those fronts.

This.^

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
Marinerz93
February 2, 2018, 9:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Yeah tracking players, then it will be unrealistic wage demands or if for a rare reason we have enough money in the piggy bank to buy someone which is highly doubtful the parent club then asking for too much money. I have absolutely no faith in Slade and even less faith in Fenty, why haven't they both gone already, bunch of lampreys.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
TAGG
February 2, 2018, 9:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
The man is a fookin blithering buffoon.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
golfer
February 2, 2018, 10:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,372
Gold Stars: 111
Slade sounds like he is talking to a load of idiots. Some of the things he comes out with are straight from the Beano. He thinks we believe him. He sounds like a politician who promises you everything until he gets in power and then gives excuses why he can't do it.He is biding for time and when we do eventually get that win he thinks all will be forgotten-we are not all mugs even though your cronies might think we are.  Your future is in the past
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
KingstonMariner
February 2, 2018, 10:57pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from golfer
Slade sounds like he is talking to a load of idiots. Some of the things he comes out with are straight from the Beano. He thinks we believe him. He sounds like a politician who promises you everything until he gets in power and then gives excuses why he can't do it.He is biding for time and when we do eventually get that win he thinks all will be forgotten-we are not all mugs even though your cronies might think we are.  Your future is in the past

At least we get  vote on politicians every 4/5 years.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
forza ivano
February 3, 2018, 1:44am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,138
Gold Stars: 265
I didn't get that impression. IMHO that was an interview with a beseechingly grateful, beleaguered desperate manager who was flailing around to sound like he was confident and in charge. Didn't even know how many loanees he had ffs. Blame the ref for a 3-0 away defeat to relegation rivals, ending up with 9 men. Totally the refs fault, absolutely no responsibility placed upon the shoulders of summerfield or osbourne. A cowards way out. I despise the man. Feeding us 100% bullshiite and thinking that we are going to swallow his platitudes. How the hell jf made millions when he is taken in by a fraud like slade. It beggars belief
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
Davec
February 3, 2018, 7:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from forza ivano
I didn't get that impression. IMHO that was an interview with a beseechingly grateful, beleaguered desperate manager who was flailing around to sound like he was confident and in charge. Didn't even know how many loanees he had ffs. Blame the ref for a 3-0 away defeat to relegation rivals, ending up with 9 men. Totally the refs fault, absolutely no responsibility placed upon the shoulders of summerfield or osbourne. A cowards way out. I despise the man. Feeding us 100% bullshiite and thinking that we are going to swallow his platitudes. How the hell jf made millions when he is taken in by a fraud like slade. It beggars belief

Why should summerfield shoulder the blame and not Rose?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slade Interview - Humberside

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.