Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Heavy defeat to Cheltenham !
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 373 Guests

Heavy defeat to Cheltenham !

This thread currently has 3,692 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
February 2, 2018, 7:58pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,954
Gold Stars: 189

Would that be the end for Russ ?

Forget about the dreaded vote of confidence.........if it happens I reckon he'll be gone Monday morning.

Should be interesting.......I'll be there.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
February 2, 2018, 8:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
It wouldn't be humiliating though would it? They have the same number of points as us from one less game and have scored a dozen more goals than we have. They  will be right in our faces and it's never an easy game against them. If they get the first goal.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
promotion plaice
February 2, 2018, 8:10pm

Quoted from ginnywings
It wouldn't be humiliating though would it? They have the same number of points as us from one less game and have scored a dozen more goals than we have. They  will be right in our faces and it's never an easy game against them. If they get the first goal.......

Sorry Ginny I didn't explain myself very well, I didn't mean losing to Cheltenham would be humiliating.........I meant losing 4 or 5 nil at home to them would be humiliating.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
chaos33
February 2, 2018, 8:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
If they get the first goal then I fear for us with this team and manager. How could you feel any other way?

I was thinking about this earlier....

I don't think the board will sack Slade and Wilko if we lose tomorrow. They've sort of set it up so they can't really do that with credibility really. This is another astonishingly ill calculated judgement on their behalf. If we lose to nil tomorrow the fans will be utterly outraged and seething. To not sack Slade would look like a deliberate act of self sabotage, but to sack him would make their ringing endorsement of only days ago look hollow and would probably discredit them beyond redemption. Again - the club have totally mismanaged this and brought it upon themselves through continued incompetence and sheer pigheadedness.

Tomorrow is a must win, or we go into meltdown.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 2, 2018, 8:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,512
Gold Stars: 64
In all honesty despite the statement a loss tomorrow and another nil in our goals column will I suspect cost RS his job
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
ginnywings
February 2, 2018, 8:29pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from promotion plaice

Sorry Ginny I didn't explain myself very well, I didn't mean losing to Cheltenham would be humiliating.........I meant losing 4 or 5 nil at home to them would be humiliating.

I see. Apologies.

Just read Codalmighty and it makes the point that for the first time ever, we will be playing Cheltenham and they won't be the most hated thing at BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
Squinter
February 2, 2018, 8:32pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
I can't help thinking that as long as Slade is here it will always be lose - lose for us fans.  If we win a few games the board think its vindicated and Slade stays for next season.  If we keep on loosing, the board have set their stall out and won't lose face now by sacking Slade.  So which ever way I think we are stuck with him.   Wish I knew the answer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
Cambs Mariner
February 2, 2018, 8:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
If we lose and don't score I could see them sacking Wilkinson as a way of trying to appease the fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
February 2, 2018, 8:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

Stop being so sensible (Steve?), the whole regime is deliberately trying to kill the club.  Jeez, get down with the kids mate.
Reply: 8 - 21
Abdul19
February 2, 2018, 8:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
They'll win 1-0, just like the last 2 seasons. We'll have a good penalty shout denied, which will be the main focus of the post match interview. Then RS will still be in charge at Crawley. And so on.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
Swansea_Mariner
February 2, 2018, 9:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
I can't see him getting sacked tomorrow no matter how bad it goes. The only hope we have is if the crowd finally gets to him and he falls on his sword.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
February 2, 2018, 9:04pm
Guest User
If we leave the dressing room with a pair of flipping balderdash and get in there flipping faces from the 1st to last minute we’ll flipping win.  Any of you girl privates that give less than 150% will be dragged off and in for extra training.  flipping clog the arrogant sheep shagging illegitimates.  Proper motivational stuff.

...... more likely, (feel free to add in nerdy voice), well according to my statistics the left back will tire in the 17th minute, we need to exploit that.

intercourse off slade, fire them up, it’s 4th division football not global flipping business negotiation.  Fire, passion, effort, will, desire, determination.  Do you understand these words you overpaid pointless girl private?
Reply: 11 - 21
promotion plaice
February 2, 2018, 9:05pm

Quoted from ginnywings
It wou.ldn't be humiliating though would it? They have the same number of points as us from one less game and have scored a dozen more goals than we have. They  will be right in our faces and it's never an easy game against them. If they get the first goal.......

Now edited

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
February 2, 2018, 9:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from 139914
If we leave the dressing room with a pair of flipping balderdash and get in there flipping faces from the 1st to last minute we’ll flipping win.  Any of you girl privates that give less than 150% will be dragged off and in for extra training.  flipping clog the arrogant sheep shagging illegitimates.  Proper motivational stuff.

...... more likely, (feel free to add in nerdy voice), well according to my statistics the left back will tire in the 17th minute, we need to exploit that.

intercourse off slade, fire them up, it’s 4th division football not global flipping business negotiation.  Fire, passion, effort, will, desire, determination.  Do you understand these words you overpaid pointless girl private?

I got a Red Cross inside 2 minutes.  Jeez, the red crosser, don’t you understand what being a football fan means?  girl private
Reply: 13 - 21
ginnywings
February 2, 2018, 9:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from promotion plaice

Now edited

I will answer now like i didn't mis-read your OP.  

I don't think it will take a heavy defeat myself. 1-0 should be enough to see him off, but i think chaos is right. They have backed themselves into a corner now with the latest statement and wouldn't want to be seen to be caving so quickly. Mind you, there will be meltdown and they may not have a choice. Would be sweet irony if he lost his job after a defeat to them. Would rather not find out though as i hope we stuff 'em.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
Hagrid
February 2, 2018, 9:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Cant stand them. Fans place the team just horrible. Hope we smash them. Even if it does keep him in the job
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
Mrs Doyle
February 2, 2018, 9:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I think Slade will be gone if we lose tomorrow the calls already loud will be very damning the crowd will be about the same around three and a half k definitely below four thousand. A lot of those will be there to see the new faces but another defeat and the next home gate will really suffer. My opinion is we must be struggling financially now. Next season with no change will impact on season ticket sales and unless Fenty wants to destroy this club (god knows he holds massive grudges) we may be fooked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
arryarryarry
February 2, 2018, 10:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
I would have thought that lose tomorrow and he will be gone, all that bullshit from JF will mean nothing, we've heard it countless times from other chairmans, the dreaded vote of confidence.

There should be an after match emergency board meeting..........  then goodbye

Well we can at least hope.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
wigworld
February 2, 2018, 11:55pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29
I think it's all a cunning ploy. Fentski's found a couple of leftover boxes of 'Be there or Blue Square' merchandise in the back of his garage. He's gonna flog it all in the club shop in the last 6 games of the season, and make enough money to build the Fentskidome.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 21
Abdul19
February 3, 2018, 8:15am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
I thought 110% was the required footballers effort level?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
RonMariner
February 3, 2018, 12:43pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Woods wasn't fired even after 25 winless games and relegation.

So I doubt Slade will go after 11.

Anyway, I keep hearing that we have the players to stay up, so let's hope they put a shift in today and prove that. They have top take some of the blame too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
grimsby pete
February 3, 2018, 12:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from 139914

..?

Maybe  Slade said something like that to Rose at Yeovil,    oops!!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Heavy defeat to Cheltenham !

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.