TheRealJohnLewis
February 3, 2018, 5:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well, I haven't got a clue why Bignot was sacked and even less of a clue why this muppet replaced him?

Ditto.

Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
HackneyHaddock
February 3, 2018, 6:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I have heard on the grapevine, through several secondary sources, that there was a major breakdown of discipline during Bignot's tenure involving off-field misbehaviour and a lack of basic professional standards required of a league club (timekeeping, organisation, bizarre training methods, poor preparation), resulting in a deputation of senior players to the board and the decision that followed.

Now we can all say "well what do you think the current situation is then?" and we may be right, but I'm afraid it looks like if MB had just had a bit of a Sergeant Major figure with him to enforce discipline and organise things, and he had have kept a tighter squad, then he may have been alright.

Anyway, it's all in the past, but I just thought more people would like to know the alleged reasoning.

Whether or not we're any more organised, disciplined or otherwise at the moment, is another matter entirely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A message  from the clubs largest invest

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.