Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Would you accept Foreign Investment?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 353 Guests

Would you accept a foreign investor/buyer
Yes
No
Depends what they give for Transfer Budget
  View Results 115 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Would you accept Foreign Investment?

This thread currently has 4,139 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
February 2, 2018, 8:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from Grimsby2012

Tried. Just got an email back from someone called no Foo kin wa

Tremendous, if I’d posted that I’d have a torrent of red crosses and all sorts of racist accusations.  What’s the secret?
Reply: 20 - 28
toontown
February 3, 2018, 10:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
Agree that it depends on the owner being subject to due diligence, would be worried about a leyton orient situation (altho I understand we are not that much better off with Fenty, who despite being a genuine fan is simply not competent at running a football club). Also would worry about them screwing us over and leaving us without a ground somehow in order to get their hands on property sales money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 3, 2018, 12:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
What we need is an Adam Pearson figure - not necessarily a person with the money but the person with knowledge of the game who knows how to get it.

The best period for the club financially was under the Ramsdens, not because they were putting millions in but because the employees at the club know about things like sponsorship and local fundraising. After that we started to rely on TV cash and spending before we got it.  Probably the one individual we have missed the most over the last generation is Alec King who set the club in the right direction financially and involved the grass roots community in supporting the club. The fact that he was headhunted away speaks volumes for his ability.

I’m not saying we go back to the days of the Mariners Lottery and all that, but we need help to raise investment from somebody with contacts who knows what he/she is doing. Graffiti writers won’t be much use at that.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
Grimsby2012
February 3, 2018, 10:01pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Iv'e sent 34+ emails as of today. I will keep gathering investors credentials and obviously do some research on their business exploits.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
Marinerz93
February 3, 2018, 10:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 139914
So here’s the thing.  We were all born in a sea port, very high likelihood of being a descendant of ‘foreigners’.  Irish in my case.  So why would we be averse to foreign investment?  Foreigners have been investing in Grimsby for years.  Now this may or may not be true, but I was very recently told that even the site owner started life as Grim Scrob.

How very dare you, never call our beloved Grim Rob a Scrob, ban him forthwith Rob, Grim the Viking demands it!

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
KingstonMariner
February 3, 2018, 10:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Grimsby2012
Iv'e sent 34+ emails as of today. I will keep gathering investors credentials and obviously do some research on their business exploits.

I'd be interested to see what your DD methodology is.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
ginnywings
February 3, 2018, 10:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
What's his bra size got to do with it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
KingstonMariner
February 3, 2018, 10:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings
What's his bra size got to do with it?

About the only success we're gonna get in the cups.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
ginnywings
February 3, 2018, 11:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from KingstonMariner

About the only success we're gonna get in the cups.

Haha! Nice retort.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Would you accept Foreign Investment?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.