pen penfras
February 2, 2018, 5:31pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The most obvious question out of this whole situation is why the Bignot signings have been systematically culled from the club? If it's because they were on big deals & money that was outside the budget, then why were deals allowed by the board? And, after all of that, why couldn't the club be a bit, no, a lot more transparent with the fans?

Possibly, or maybe it's that they were "technically superior" but the attitude is a problem. I'd say Clements, Jones and Osborne could all be accused of having a bad attitude in one way or another.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
Mrs Doyle
February 2, 2018, 5:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Asante is definitely the forgotten man I have hardly ever seen him play after all the hype of him being the next Omar Bogle from Solihull it's been very disappointing. Don't think Slade thinks anything of any of our contacted strikers hence the number of loanees. D.J looks like he may need to go elsewhere don't think Slade has any faith in him. Must be an absolute pisser when you come to a club at our level and find eight strikers in the mix. Cardwell must feel an outcast as well. How the feck did we ever get in this state???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
MuddyWaters
February 2, 2018, 5:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Asante is definitely the forgotten man I have hardly ever seen him play after all the hype of him being the next Omar Bogle from Solihull it's been very disappointing. Don't think Slade thinks anything of any of our contacted strikers hence the number of loanees. D.J looks like he may need to go elsewhere don't think Slade has any faith in him. Must be an absolute pisser when you come to a club at our level and find eight strikers in the mix. Cardwell must feel an outcast as well. How the feck did we ever get in this state???

How? I think we got over budget and in order to get rid of the higher earners, we had to shop in the bargain basement to force them away.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
KingstonMariner
February 2, 2018, 5:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pen penfras

Possibly, or maybe it's that they were "technically superior" but the attitude is a problem. I'd say Clements, Jones and Osborne could all be accused of having a bad attitude in one way or another.

Bad attitude or bad treatment by the manager.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
sam gy
February 2, 2018, 6:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
I don’t really buy that Slade, for all his faults, has mistreated Jones, or dropped him when he had a dip in form.

He has been picked by Slade this season, more often than not.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
golfer
February 3, 2018, 7:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
My guess is he's tried to push Clements and Asante out to move them on and free up some wages but Asante has dug his heels in.

It's pretty obvious with the Asante situation that he is being punished for not agreeing with Slade over something. Slade obviously likes yes men, that's why he has persisted with his "favorite" players all season.  " Yes Men" that reminds me of another section of G.T.F.C.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › STRIKERS

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.