3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
February 2, 2018, 3:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from friskneymariner
People who talk about administration tend to overlook the points deduction.

The only person who can take the club into  administration is JF. If he were to do that he says goodbye to his money and cripples the club going forward with the points deduction!
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
February 2, 2018, 4:00pm
Guest User
Quoted from friskneymariner
People who talk about administration tend to overlook the points deduction.

If the current trend is maintained a points deduction will be irrelevant
Reply: 21 - 25
Garth
February 2, 2018, 4:26pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from moosey_club
So much easier to grow a fan owned club from afresh as opposed to taking over a lumbering established club with ongoing contracts, commitments, full time behind the scenes staff etc...
from day one you have a massive commitment to pay existing staff etc and need an overdraft to run through the pre season times were staff still need paying but your income has all but ceased.  That has to be guaranteed somewhere.

Minefield !!  Pipe dream

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
KingstonMariner
February 2, 2018, 6:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin
When you collect whatever sum Fenty needs to clear his loan please don't forget the sum required to buy his shares as well, not much point even in having a pipe-dream about owning the club if Fenty is left with as much as a seat with his name on even less any shares which still give him a say in the running of the club.

His sole involvement when he does finally go (however that happens) can be no more than a season ticket which he pays full price for

Agree. The price will be between £0 and £3m. I think in any negotiations the starting point should be the £3m lost revenue in the Conference, the £xm in lost attendances, goodwill, and commercial income due to poor PR on the pitch and off it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
Ipswin
February 2, 2018, 6:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Agree. The price will be between £0 and £3m. I think in any negotiations the starting point should be the £3m lost revenue in the Conference, the £xm in lost attendances, goodwill, and commercial income due to poor PR on the pitch and off it.

I like it! Using your figures Fenty should be paying us for him to intercourse off  

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
KingstonMariner
February 2, 2018, 6:25pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

I like it! Using your figures Fenty should be paying us for him to intercourse off  

Well that is a starting point.  

Obviously it's just a moral argument with him, but on the fans' side it should definitely govern what we should be prepared to countenance.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.