2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
February 2, 2018, 8:22am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Condolences about your Father and this from Luke just epitomises his Season he should be made captain.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
gtfc98
February 2, 2018, 9:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,065
Gold Stars: 68
Summerfield is one of the only good things about this team at the minute. Gives absolutely everything and has actually proven himself to be a much better player than I, and most others thought he was last season. Shame the rest of them don't seem to share the same attitude.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
FishFan101
February 2, 2018, 9:32am

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2
Even more respect for Luke now, also echo the thoughts that he has been one of very few bright sparks this season and one that I have definitely enjoyed seeing improve.

Once a Mariner, Always a Mariner <*//////><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
BottesfordMariner
February 2, 2018, 3:27pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
First of all my condolences to you and family Sigone and our thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

I think Summerfield is one of the few Town players who take can take any credit this season. He is certainly a Player of the Year candidate.

I think he has won over a few fans this season (myself included) . He has a good attitude and goes out every game and clearly gives his best. I personally dont think he has the greatest ability but i must give credit where it is due. He never hides even when maybe things arent going great for him or the team on the pitch. He is one of the few who takes responsibility and wants the ball.. To be honest you would rather have a team with players who share his his attitude than a team of talented but lacklustre performers.

Classy gesture by him and shows he is a nice guy who does care. He has my respect for sure.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
Mrs Doyle
February 2, 2018, 4:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Condolences to you for your farther Sigone thanx for sharing that.

Luke has stood out this season as being the most consistent player in a very difficult and trying season where others have visibly wilted.

He would be my first person on the team sheet such is his effort every game.If only we had a Jon Nolan type player alongside him to pick out THAT pass, a natural playmaker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
grimsby pete
February 2, 2018, 4:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
My thoughts are with you and your family Sigone,

Lets hope Town can put a smile back on your face soon.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
bluebottle
February 2, 2018, 6:49pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
I don't know you at Your family Sigone but I do know what it's like to lose a parent. I would therefore like to send my sincere condolences to you and your family at this distressing time.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
fishyfanny
February 2, 2018, 7:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.91
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,516
Gold Stars: 15
I know how you're feeling mate, I lost my Mum last November. Take care of yourself and your family.

Nice touch by Luke.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
MuddyWaters
February 2, 2018, 7:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,171
Gold Stars: 233
Condolences on your loss Sigone - losing a parent is very hard to bear.

We decided to be Luke's kit sponsor and he's a really nice bloke and often replies to or sends a tweet.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
HertsGTFC
February 2, 2018, 8:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,890
Gold Stars: 225
Quoted from Sigone
He tweeted earlier that feb is going to be a great month

I replied gotta be better than January, I didnt see us win a game and I lost my dad. Things can only get better. Good luck Saturday.

Luke responded:-

Sorry to hear about your loss. Pass on my best wishes to you and your family. Hope for a great end to the season and win Saturday for you and your Dad 👍🏼

Thought I would share this to prove players do have a heart and to be honest it meant a lot to me and would of meant a lot to my dad.
Cheers Luke
Much Appreciated

I’m sorry to hear that, please accept my condolences

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luke Summerfield

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.