12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
February 1, 2018, 8:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,850
Gold Stars: 42
We know the extent of the power and control in the Boardroom.  I would still rather have the Trust voice strong opinions against the majority of the Board than have nothing be said to make Fenty think for even 1 second.

I am sure there are other benefits with being on the Board. Eg, being privy to confidential discussions that cannot be reported back to Trust members.  But are still helpful to the Trust, and indirectly to Trust members and the fans.

I am not sure about the merits of the Trust having discussions with the Board and NOT being part of the Board.  The root cause of most problems is Fenty holding all the aces and having too much power and control.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 110
Bigdog
February 1, 2018, 8:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162

Absolutely no point in being there really, is there? He (Fenty) is just toying with the Trust, to try to placate as many fans as he can. I would come away from the board, re convene and concentrate on finding new investment.

I admire all those involved, but you cannot work with Fenty, it is just not possible. He will, with the rest of the board, always call the shots.

Much better to walk away, and become a big player in the new board, whenever it is formed.

I firmly believe that this is the way forward for the Trust, but a huge and important part of the process has got to be a great number of fans stepping forward to help. We can't sit back and think the current Trust board members have got enough time or resources to do it all on their own..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 110
Cambs Mariner
February 1, 2018, 8:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
We know the extent of the power and control in the Boardroom.  I would still rather have the Trust voice strong opinions against the majority of the Board than have nothing be said to make Fenty think for even 1 second.

I am sure there are other benefits with being on the Board. Eg, being privy to confidential discussions that cannot be reported back to Trust members.  But are still helpful to the Trust, and indirectly to Trust members and the fans.

I am not sure about the merits of the Trust having discussions with the Board and NOT being part of the Board.  The root cause of most problems is Fenty holding all the aces and having too much power and control.

Whilst I agree with what you are saying. The present board are obviously friends or associates of Mr Fenty so I would imagine that any major proposals that are put forward have already been discussed between them making sure that they go in their favour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 110
jonnyboy82
February 1, 2018, 9:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
While I admire the trust's intent and commitment to sharing our views unfortunately it just goes to show the higher power won't listen and no matter what will always go with "there" decision.

Sad but true.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 110
Swansea_Mariner
February 1, 2018, 9:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
Well done the trust, an excellent statement and clear transparent decision making. I applaud your efforts, it is never easy to swim against the tide.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 110
lancspontooner
February 1, 2018, 9:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +213
I feel sorry for them as the Trust will never have any chance in the boardroom. In my experience of business a company is usually run by the inner circle of executive directors who meet privately and decide the policy and direction. I'm guessing that the Trust rep is the equivalent of a non-exec board member who sits outside the key decision-making discussions.

In a proper accountable business the non-exec directors would not allow this to happen and use their combined power to effect change in the exec team if the business is failing. But this isn't a normal business so the single voice of the Trust will never have any chance in the boardroom.

They may as well resign the position and hand the running of bars, etc back to the club. We all know where the blame lies and it's not the Trust ... or the fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 110
MuddyWaters
February 1, 2018, 9:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Whilst I agree that the Trust appear powerless in the boardroom, they can only operate within their sphere of influence. Hopefully the survey allows them to review their position and make a decision that frames their future.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 110
Cloudy
February 1, 2018, 9:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Whilst I agree that the Trust appear powerless in the boardroom, they can only operate within their sphere of influence. Hopefully the survey allows them to review their position and make a decision that frames their future.

Agree and that is why it is vital that every fan completes the survey to give them a direction and mandate
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 110
KingstonMariner
February 1, 2018, 10:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Absolutely no point in being there really, is there? He (Fenty) is just toying with the Trust, to try to placate as many fans as he can. I would come away from the board, re convene and concentrate on finding new investment.

I admire all those involved, but you cannot work with Fenty, it is just not possible. He will, with the rest of the board, always call the shots.

Much better to walk away, and become a big player in the new board, whenever it is formed.

I disagree. If and when discussions take place on control of the club being transferred we need to be at the heart of the conversation.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 110
ginnywings
February 1, 2018, 10:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I disagree. If and when discussions take place on control of the club being transferred we need to be at the heart of the conversation.

That's my feeling too. Also glad they were there yesterday, making the views of the fans felt, as they were on the Chuckaway Trophy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.