12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
February 1, 2018, 7:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
In light of my criticism the other day I must say I’m very pleased with what they’ve had to say in their statement a few mins ago.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
bax
February 1, 2018, 7:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
The Mariners Trust is well aware of the groundswell of discontent around the recent run of form and the management of Russell Slade and Paul Wilkinson. This sentiment is shared by the majority of fans and members we have spoken to, and indeed the Trust Board.

The Mariners Trust Rep Jon Wood was at the Board Meeting yesterday. After a discussion with me we formed the view that we should represent the views of the fans and Jon articulated their concerns to the rest of the board in the strongest possible terms.

Despite this, after a long debate and taking into account all factors, the rest of the board reached the outcome as detailed in the club's statement.

We now move on, respect the decision, and will do everything possible to help turn around the rest of the season.

With another four or five wins required to guarantee safety, we would urge supporters to get behind the players on the pitch and do their bit to ensure we remain in League 2 for next season”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 110
Cloudy
February 1, 2018, 7:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Not sure it will placate those who feel the Trust is toothless and that their one vote is just outnumbered by those who support the major shareholder
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 110
bax
February 1, 2018, 7:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Then people need to complete the survey and give the Trust the mandate to make a change. We are trying, believe us!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 110
Cod Cheeks
February 1, 2018, 7:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Not for me it doesn't ,
What value does having a trust member on the board have?
Lip service imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 110
davmariner
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
I agree, as a critic of how the Trust have operated previously I think it’s fair to give credit where it’s due. It’s a reasonable statement that highlights that the Trust is willing to deliver home truths to the board. At the minute there’s not much more they can do than that.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 110
Cloudy
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from bax
Then people need to complete the survey and give the Trust the mandate to make a change. We are trying, believe us!

Don't doubt you are.

I hope the survey does give you the mandate to effect change in whatever form and hope the survey results are not so wide ranging that they become muddled.

I know I can search and find the answer but is there a closing date for the survey?
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 110
marinernige
February 1, 2018, 7:42pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Cloudy
Not sure it will placate those who feel the Trust is toothless and that their one vote is just outnumbered by those who support the major shareholder

The trust will always be outnumbered , but atleast they voted for the vast majority of supporters and didn't tow the party line .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 110
lew chaterleys lover
February 1, 2018, 7:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from bax
The Mariners Trust is well aware of the groundswell of discontent around the recent run of form and the management of Russell Slade and Paul Wilkinson. This sentiment is shared by the majority of fans and members we have spoken to, and indeed the Trust Board.

The Mariners Trust Rep Jon Wood was at the Board Meeting yesterday. After a discussion with me we formed the view that we should represent the views of the fans and Jon articulated their concerns to the rest of the board in the strongest possible terms.

Despite this, after a long debate and taking into account all factors, the rest of the board reached the outcome as detailed in the club's statement.

We now move on, respect the decision, and will do everything possible to help turn around the rest of the season.

With another four or five wins required to guarantee safety, we would urge supporters to get behind the players on the pitch and do their bit to ensure we remain in League 2 for next season”

Absolutely no point in being there really, is there? He (Fenty) is just toying with the Trust, to try to placate as many fans as he can. I would come away from the board, re convene and concentrate on finding new investment.

I admire all those involved, but you cannot work with Fenty, it is just not possible. He will, with the rest of the board, always call the shots.

Much better to walk away, and become a big player in the new board, whenever it is formed.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 110
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 1, 2018, 7:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Cloudy

That’s life though Trust will never have sufficient numbers to form a majority so we have to accept that the representative puts forward the fans feelings and influence other Board members accordingly. Regrettably I think this may become a regular agenda item on forthcoming meetings as I see no light at the end of this particular tunnel
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 110
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.