Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › When is it going to end?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 124 Guests

When is it going to end?

This thread currently has 2,595 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
February 1, 2018, 6:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I thought I read that the board welcomes new investment from companies or individuals  to work with the  current board .

It will never happen,

As an ex car salesmen can I just add that any body who spends £80,000 on a car has got a screw loose.

You could get a car with all the power and comfort for half of that amount

He has paid a lot of money for a badge. .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
February 1, 2018, 7:02pm
Guest User
Disagree Pete, if you can afford an Aston you buy an Aston.  The average price for a rep-mobile (3 series) must be £30k these days, even after a drivethedeal discount.
Reply: 11 - 15
moosey_club
February 1, 2018, 7:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Ipswin

The statement is like all the others coming out of BP - total bullshit - they know damn well no sodomist is going to come forward in the short term (and it becomes less attractive by the day) and if anyone did Fenty might well find them unsuitable (although how they could be worse for the club than the current incumbents I can't imagine)

IMO Fenty and his cohorts will find any excuse to refuse / turn down any bids for the club (if Steve Shut Up Marley is to be believed (difficult I know) they have already done it once already) Fenty might want his money back but he isn't going to hand over everything, he will want to retain shares I suspect

I'd front a bid otherwise

Stop whining about it on here then and actively do something. So many people complaining, demanding ...the board have paved the way with that statement. As a result ,in reality,  all a takeover bid will require to be succesful is to be able to match or better the current board financial inputs and commitments and (i use these terms loosely) business management / acumen skills.
Come up with a business plan/model with secured finances and present it to the board. If they refuse, you can come back and tell us all why and that the board are bullsh!tting.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
Ipswin
February 1, 2018, 8:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from moosey_club

Stop whining about it on here then and actively do something. So many people complaining, demanding ...the board have paved the way with that statement. As a result ,in reality,  all a takeover bid will require to be succesful is to be able to match or better the current board financial inputs and commitments and (i use these terms loosely) business management / acumen skills.
Come up with a business plan/model with secured finances and present it to the board. If they refuse, you can come back and tell us all why and that the board are bullsh!tting.

I'm only missing the cash to buy out Fenty's debt, all the other points you list could be covered by any sodomist with something between his ears.

1 Other than Fenty the current board's financial input is small (hardly any shares between 'em other than Fenty's)
2 I question their commitments certainly in attendance at board meetings (are attendance figures available like local councillors etc?) They are simply filling seats and I am sure they would not miss a nice dinner invite to go to a match
3 Business management and acumen in respect of the board of Grimsby Town is one of the world's greatest oxymorons (up there with 'happy' and 'married', 'Slade' and 'goalfest' or 'Forecast' and 'competent')
4 A business plan written on a homosexual packet would put any current plan in the shade and why should the absence of one or secured finances affect it anyway. If someone can come up with Fenty's money if they are serious they should sell (unless of course they are going to use their 'love for the club' and 'caring about the fans' (joke) as a reason to knock back anyone making an offer (like the alleged American approach)

So its only a matter of cash really - give me a day or so

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
moosey_club
February 1, 2018, 9:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Ipswin

I'm only missing the cash to buy out Fenty's debt, all the other points you list could be covered by any sodomist with something between his ears.

1 Other than Fenty the current board's financial input is small (hardly any shares between 'em other than Fenty's)
2 I question their commitments certainly in attendance at board meetings (are attendance figures available like local councillors etc?) They are simply filling seats and I am sure they would not miss a nice dinner invite to go to a match
3 Business management and acumen in respect of the board of Grimsby Town is one of the world's greatest oxymorons (up there with 'happy' and 'married', 'Slade' and 'goalfest' or 'Forecast' and 'competent')
4 A business plan written on a homosexual packet would put any current plan in the shade and why should the absence of one or secured finances affect it anyway. If someone can come up with Fenty's money if they are serious they should sell (unless of course they are going to use their 'love for the club' and 'caring about the fans' (joke) as a reason to knock back anyone making an offer (like the alleged American approach)

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
MuddyWaters
February 1, 2018, 9:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Ipswin

I'm sure you meant cigarette packet, you vile sish!
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › When is it going to end?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.