Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › When is it going to end?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 364 Guests

When is it going to end?

This thread currently has 2,593 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
February 1, 2018, 3:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
A re-write of my original post (which was deleted) with the offensive words removed

What is it going to take for the board of Grimsby Town PLC to get rid of the tubby bald retired school teacher and failed football manager currently occupying the manager's office at Blundell Park?

What is it going to take for John Sheldon Fenty (Con - how apt!) retired fish filleter and luxury (scratched) car owner, owner and dictator of said football club to intercourse off and never darken the doors of Blundell Park ever again?

Either Slade must have some black on Fenty or Fenty is stubbornly refusing to sack him simply because it is the wish of the fans ('we can't allow them to have a voice can we Steve? After all they only pay the bills') Fenty would rather cut off his own nose than be seen to take any notice of the fans (or anyone other than himself for that matter)

Fenty and his mate Steve 'Shut up' Marley claim they will discuss and consider any offers to take over the club (but if they are American and want total control they won't accept) I just hope that whoever comes in with a bid insists that every single share held by John Fenty is included in the deal and that he never has anything to do with the club again.

Sadly and I hope I'm wrong but I fear the answer to both questions is (another) relegation from the Football League and if that is the only way then bring it on! Lets get it over with and start afresh

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Badger57
February 1, 2018, 3:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
Absolutely right Ipswin It will end when Fenty is gone and not before. It's (more than) time to hasten his departure, whatever it takes, he's got to go and sooner the better..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
IlkleyMariner
February 1, 2018, 4:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,870
Gold Stars: 66
It will end when we are relegated, season ticket numbers drop off a cliff and mr Fenty realises that there is not enough money coming in for him to run a club.

The average loyal fan will however lost a club they have loved and supported for years.

RIP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
MarinerBen
February 1, 2018, 4:29pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +243
Well there's always Cleethorpes Town FC, I'm sure they could use the money!

"Take what you can, give nothing back"
                                                                 - Capt. J. Sparrow
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 15
moosey_club
February 1, 2018, 5:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Stump up the money and viable business plan Ipswin and JF & Co will leave tomorrow and you can then sack Slade personally.

The answer has been laid out for all to see in the statement....it was an open invitation to come and takeover the club.

Will anyone mobilise the detractors into a serious takeover consortium ?

Lets see.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
denni266
February 1, 2018, 5:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +634
Gold Stars: 128
Fenty has got him self in to a position that no one will ever take over,   all he wants is fenty towers and the fenty estate,, well john  you are not that rich boy and need the money coming in the club,, and guess what  its dropping all the time , all you are is a looser loosing everything. I do feel sad for you you poor little man ,, even has to get a big flash out dated car i may add , to boost his ego,, well we all know the saying about big cars , and an extention to other things , about time you grew up and took steps against what is happining,, pref  very large ones and very often away from blunder park
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
BottesfordMariner
February 1, 2018, 5:09pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
The club statement today was typical Fenty. I can almost hear the words coming from his mouth.

Rebuild? Progress ? Moving Forward ? all a load of shite.

I have come to the conclusion that the only possible reasons Slade is still in a job are 1) It would be an admittance by Fenty of (yet) another disastrous decision on his part and 2) Fenty does not want to pay Slade off. Simple as. It has nothing to do with footballing matters as a blind man can see Slade is not up to it.

To answer the OP it will end when Town are 1) in the Conference (or lower!!) and 2) in administration.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
MuddyWaters
February 1, 2018, 5:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
The real fans want their club back, preferably in the League and preferably without the financial Sword of Damocles hanging over it. I know some of the board think we're stupid, but we're not. Grimsby Town has always been part of the community but the recent methods of the custodians have caused the biggest disconnect in my memory. You've had your day, celebrating a excrement season by parading around Dean Court at Bournemouth, galloping around Wembley like 6 years of non-league had never happened or is it berating journalists (Lowther, Burns & Dean), snapping flags etc.

If we have to go down to come back up, so be it, as long as it's under people who value the supporters rather than tell them how to behave. Supporters who deserve to know why Bignot was sacked and why Slade hasn't been, supporters who have continued to dig deep and keep attendances up whilst the product has been devalued. We are the future of GTFC, and our kids and their kids - not you, the current 'custodians' of GTFC.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
killingholmemariner
February 1, 2018, 5:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -8
Wouldn't surprise me if Slade had something over Fenty, or if Slade has a clause in his contract that he can't be sacked within a certain period after all his recent record is appauling, Fenty probably thought it wouldn't be an issue mid table obscurity would do til next season then release him at the end of the season.

J99 Upper findus
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
Ipswin
February 1, 2018, 6:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from moosey_club
Stump up the money and viable business plan Ipswin and JF & Co will leave tomorrow and you can then sack Slade personally.

The answer has been laid out for all to see in the statement....it was an open invitation to come and takeover the club.

Will anyone mobilise the detractors into a serious takeover consortium ?

Lets see.

The statement is like all the others coming out of BP - total bullshit - they know damn well no sodomist is going to come forward in the short term (and it becomes less attractive by the day) and if anyone did Fenty might well find them unsuitable (although how they could be worse for the club than the current incumbents I can't imagine)

IMO Fenty and his cohorts will find any excuse to refuse / turn down any bids for the club (if Steve Shut Up Marley is to be believed (difficult I know) they have already done it once already) Fenty might want his money back but he isn't going to hand over everything, he will want to retain shares I suspect

I'd front a bid otherwise

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › When is it going to end?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.