2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
lukeo
February 1, 2018, 1:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Sorry to create a new thread but this sentence alone needs it's own thread. Do they not get it? We don't need an Investor to work with the current board, if a new investor(s) comes in then they need to REPLACE most the current board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mariner_09
February 1, 2018, 2:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
It’s fairly clear that you cannot work WITH the current board because its dictator is a complete control freak.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
ginnywings
February 1, 2018, 2:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from lukeo
Sorry to create a new thread but this sentence alone needs it's own thread. Do they not get it? We don't need an Investor to work with the current board, if a new investor(s) comes in then they need to REPLACE most the current board.

That is one of the options stated. They did state an alternative, which is someone else taking over from them completely, if they meet due diligence, so i don't where you are going with this thread.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
Tommy
February 1, 2018, 2:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
An investor wouldn't replace the current board. If that's what they are - just an investor - then they would be investing but not interested in doing the day-to-day running of club.

I look forward to a new thread being started for each sentence of the statement  

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
moosey_club
February 1, 2018, 2:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from ginnywings

That is one of the options stated. They did state an alternative, which is someone else taking over from them completely, if they meet due diligence, so i don't where you are going with this thread.  

yeah but by taking things out of context it makes it easier to have yet another go on a slight variant of the same overall subject.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
friskneymariner
February 1, 2018, 2:17pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
'Meeting due dillegence' translated  'someone who can give me my dosh back.'

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
ginnywings
February 1, 2018, 2:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from friskneymariner

Or it could mean that they care about the club and won't just hand it over to anyone, whatever their intentions.

They are offering, nay begging, for someone else to take over, and still it's not enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
Ipswin
February 1, 2018, 3:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Tommy
An investor wouldn't replace the current board. If that's what they are - just an investor - then they would be investing but not interested in doing the day-to-day running of club.

I look forward to a new thread being started for each sentence of the statement  

As long as the new investor buys all of Fenty's shares and insists he has absolutely nothing more to do with the club (he can buy a full price season ticket if he wants I suppose) As for as a new investor wanting to retain the current board for day to day running is concerned, can you see Fenty wanting to stay on anyway if he was no longer 'he who must be obeyed' (apologies to Horace Rumpole)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
jock dock tower
February 1, 2018, 4:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Has Russia run out of despotic oligarchs just when you need them, ffs?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 1, 2018, 5:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,502
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from friskneymariner

If I read it correct the statement said the repayment of current loans would not be a problem if someone wanted to purchase the club. It also confirmed that they would do everything possible to ensure any new owner would not just walk away leaving the club in debt, a la Hartlepool and others.

The criticism of the board for backing Slade is clearly correct but IMO this statement is exactly what we as fans would want.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
toontown
February 1, 2018, 10:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
to me that reads as fenty wants the value of his loans paid up in full, or near enough. that was also the impression 'know my my name' Marley gave at the forum. he said something like 'anyone wealthy enough to buy a football club wont worry about a couple of million in loans to pay off' or something similar i thought - might be mistaken though. perhaps fenty woud be willing for a payment schedule to be set up rather than it be paid all at once, or some other form of negotiation, who knows. or maybe he would be willing to give his shares away for a pound if the buyer pays back his loans or something.

so in my opinion the loans are definitely a mill stone around our neck in terms of getting a buyer, as paying 2 mill before you even start, when a football club is a money pit anyway, and ours has been badly mis-run for years, would be a big negative to potential buyers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
MuddyWaters
February 1, 2018, 10:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

If I read it correct the statement said the repayment of current loans would not be a problem if someone wanted to purchase the club. It also confirmed that they would do everything possible to ensure any new owner would not just walk away leaving the club in debt, a la Hartlepool and others.

The criticism of the board for backing Slade is clearly correct but IMO this statement is exactly what we as fans would want.

Is it? I must have missed the bit about writing off the loans/debt attributable to the board's poor decisions in appointing Newell, Woods, Rodger, Bignot, Uncle Tom Cobleigh and all.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 1, 2018, 11:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,502
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Is it? I must have missed the bit about writing off the loans/debt attributable to the board's poor decisions in appointing Newell, Woods, Rodger, Bignot, Uncle Tom Cobleigh and all.

Well unless you know better you cannot turn the clock back and your contempt for J.F. is well documented. My comment relates to the here and now, the board have intimated they will step aside if the right investors are out there intimating that the debt/loan will not be a problem.

As RRFC asked on another thread a great number want Fenty to walk away but I have yet to read any credible option on the fishy as to how the club will be financed should JF take his bat home.

I keep reading how all these fans will return but will they? Yes for the first few games but lose them and they will be gone again wanting more change. Fans want to watch a winning side which wS perfectly demonstrated during our Championship years when we averaged around 5000 even though we had large away followings.

I want change but also can accept that would be investors are few and far bewtween for clubs like ours, so as RRFC asked who will pay the bills if JF walks out tomorrow and takes RS with him and leaves us with this crap group of players?

Anyway back to the statement I take it as genuine and if a saviour is there the club is for sale what else can they do given time travel is not yet available?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
MuddyWaters
February 2, 2018, 6:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Well unless you know better you cannot turn the clock back and your contempt for J.F. is well documented. My comment relates to the here and now, the board have intimated they will step aside if the right investors are out there intimating that the debt/loan will not be a problem.

As RRFC asked on another thread a great number want Fenty to walk away but I have yet to read any credible option on the fishy as to how the club will be financed should JF take his bat home.

I keep reading how all these fans will return but will they? Yes for the first few games but lose them and they will be gone again wanting more change. Fans want to watch a winning side which wS perfectly demonstrated during our Championship years when we averaged around 5000 even though we had large away followings.

I want change but also can accept that would be investors are few and far bewtween for clubs like ours, so as RRFC asked who will pay the bills if JF walks out tomorrow and takes RS with him and leaves us with this crap group of players?

Anyway back to the statement I take it as genuine and if a saviour is there the club is for sale what else can they do given time travel is not yet available?

Just to put you right on this - I have no contempt for JF - I admire what he has tried to do but it hasn't worked. We have had various civilised private message conversations but have agreed to differ. What has happened in the past few months has sharpened the focus on the whole board not just JF - things were not right long before the winless run started.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
Tangerine Chris
February 2, 2018, 2:55pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Dear Mr Fenty, Chairman of GTFC.

I don't normally rant and rave about our beloved and famous club, however our recent demise has led me to the point that I have lost all confidence in you, the board, management and the team.

I used to look forward to Saturdays and mid week games, wearing my Black and White shirt with pride at every chance. However, over the past season and half I think I worn shirts twice or three times; I have a fair collection as well, and I couldn't tell anyone what our fixtures are, who is in the team etc. In short I have lost all interest.

But when it comes to you Mr Fenty, I will run you down and discredit you any chance I get.

As a life long fan, it was a proud moment when asked wherever I went who my team was and on the reply Grimsby Town, people would talk about the Mighty Mariners in glorious terms.

Now however, all I get is; oh them, not doing to good lately, to which I respond no we are shite and it's down to our chairman, the board and the team...

So Mr Fenty why don't you just sell up to someone who will be passionate about our team and take us forward instead of just pulling the life blood out of the club and it's supporters.
In short ... please just feck off and leave Grimsby forever....

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › " work with the current board,"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.