Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › " work with the current board,"
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 285 Guests

" work with the current board,"

This thread currently has 3,784 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
February 1, 2018, 1:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Sorry to create a new thread but this sentence alone needs it's own thread. Do they not get it? We don't need an Investor to work with the current board, if a new investor(s) comes in then they need to REPLACE most the current board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mariner_09
February 1, 2018, 2:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
It’s fairly clear that you cannot work WITH the current board because its dictator is a complete control freak.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
ginnywings
February 1, 2018, 2:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from lukeo
Sorry to create a new thread but this sentence alone needs it's own thread. Do they not get it? We don't need an Investor to work with the current board, if a new investor(s) comes in then they need to REPLACE most the current board.

That is one of the options stated. They did state an alternative, which is someone else taking over from them completely, if they meet due diligence, so i don't where you are going with this thread.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
Tommy
February 1, 2018, 2:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
An investor wouldn't replace the current board. If that's what they are - just an investor - then they would be investing but not interested in doing the day-to-day running of club.

I look forward to a new thread being started for each sentence of the statement  

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
moosey_club
February 1, 2018, 2:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from ginnywings

That is one of the options stated. They did state an alternative, which is someone else taking over from them completely, if they meet due diligence, so i don't where you are going with this thread.  

yeah but by taking things out of context it makes it easier to have yet another go on a slight variant of the same overall subject.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
friskneymariner
February 1, 2018, 2:17pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
'Meeting due dillegence' translated  'someone who can give me my dosh back.'

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
ginnywings
February 1, 2018, 2:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from friskneymariner

Or it could mean that they care about the club and won't just hand it over to anyone, whatever their intentions.

They are offering, nay begging, for someone else to take over, and still it's not enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
Ipswin
February 1, 2018, 3:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Tommy
An investor wouldn't replace the current board. If that's what they are - just an investor - then they would be investing but not interested in doing the day-to-day running of club.

I look forward to a new thread being started for each sentence of the statement  

As long as the new investor buys all of Fenty's shares and insists he has absolutely nothing more to do with the club (he can buy a full price season ticket if he wants I suppose) As for as a new investor wanting to retain the current board for day to day running is concerned, can you see Fenty wanting to stay on anyway if he was no longer 'he who must be obeyed' (apologies to Horace Rumpole)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
jock dock tower
February 1, 2018, 4:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Has Russia run out of despotic oligarchs just when you need them, ffs?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 1, 2018, 5:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,512
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from friskneymariner

If I read it correct the statement said the repayment of current loans would not be a problem if someone wanted to purchase the club. It also confirmed that they would do everything possible to ensure any new owner would not just walk away leaving the club in debt, a la Hartlepool and others.

The criticism of the board for backing Slade is clearly correct but IMO this statement is exactly what we as fans would want.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › " work with the current board,"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.