3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
February 1, 2018, 2:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
If he walked away and we were left facing admin as a result , as we couldn't cover any debts come the end of the season,  then all forms of social media and forums will be trawled for any dissenters and each will be contacted to pay an equal share of the debt  

Should work out about 50p each at the going rate of dissent  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
friskneymariner
February 1, 2018, 2:25pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
But if we did go into administration he would be one of the biggest losers so he is just as much stuck with the club as he is with it. The club should never have been allowed to become so indebted to one individual.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
grimsby pete
February 1, 2018, 6:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Who would take over if Slade left ?

Well if the cleaning lady took over she could not be much worse than what Slade has done over the last 10 games.

If she went into the changing room and said ," look lads I know fu ck all about football so just go out and do what you do best "

In fact maybe Slade could say that and see what happens.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
February 1, 2018, 6:15pm
Guest User
If the club went into administration then the administrators would look to secure the best deal for the creditors, whatever that looks like.  10p in the £ is not an uncommon scenario, of course the creditors have to accept the offer.

I personally don’t see any other way out for Fenty, if he carries on revenues will fall much faster than cost can be removed, if he doesn’t continue with financial support then the club will go into administration.

He’s cornered himself and knows it, much though I admire the paying fans who continue to support and attend, you’re just delaying the inevitable.
Reply: 13 - 21
February 1, 2018, 6:30pm
Guest User
Forgot to add, there are many far more intelligent people than me out there, about 99% of the population at a guess.  But if there are any interested party’s out there, I would assume they won’t be making any moves at this stage, delaying can only improve their position.
Reply: 14 - 21
Squinter
February 1, 2018, 7:29pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
I'm not fussed if Fenty stays or goes to be honest, but if he stays he has to do 2 things :-

1 - Get rid of Slade ASAP.  
2 - Step away from the day to day running of the club.

Quite happy for him to leave his money in the club, also I like the fact he wants the club to live within its means, break even every year and not get shackled with anymore debt.  The ethos works well for Burnley and others.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
RonMariner
February 1, 2018, 9:08pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,007
Gold Stars: 216
If Fenty put the club into admin the major asset, i.e. Blundell Park, would be sold and he could recover some of his investment that way. It must be worth a few hundred thousand as building land.

That would leave the club pennyless and homeless
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
TheRealJohnLewis
February 1, 2018, 9:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from RonMariner
If Fenty put the club into admin the major asset, i.e. Blundell Park, would be sold and he could recover some of his investment that way. It must be worth a few hundred thousand as building land.

That would leave the club pennyless and homeless

This is where we get together with the Trust and crowdfund the money to buy BP on the cheap. win-win.

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
kevikov
February 1, 2018, 10:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +818
Gold Stars: 13
I'm probably way off but isn't there a covenant on Blundell Park that states it must stay as green/leisure land unless a suitable replacement is provided?  I admit I could well be imagining this!

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
Cambs Mariner
February 1, 2018, 10:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Aren't his loans attached to Blundell Park which would mean he is top of the debtors list.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Be careful what you wish for

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.