Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 9 years old....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 222 Guests

9 years old....

This thread currently has 2,701 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
February 1, 2018, 8:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
It's character building. He'll enjoy the brief good moments all the more if he sticks at it while we are shite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
KingstonMariner
February 1, 2018, 11:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Big Dave and Bristol, you had me choking.

I was lucky. My lad was 6/7 when he started going during Slade MkI. Lost a bit of interest around 11 but something sparked his interest* again during the early non-League days, so despite being thoroughly drunk off, I think he's stuck with it for life. I hope.

* I think it was partly the steadily improving atmosphere at away games, and being recognised by people and brought into the fold so to speak. It's a powerful thing being accepted and welcomed simply because you're there. Quite a rare feeling in fact in this life.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
KingstonMariner
February 2, 2018, 1:00am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from bigdavemariner
Morning everyone,
This past 12 months or so have been a painful experience supporting Town. I've always tried to stay positive and upbeat and always tried to stick with the manager etc.
however, this last couple of weeks, the embarrassing statements from the board and the complete lack of ambition show by the club with bringing in shite players and releasing our most talented, as well as the poor standard on the pitch each week has been demoralizing.

however, the one thing that hurts the most, and I really hope that someone from the club reads this or can pass this on to John Fenty and the powers that be....

My 9 years old lad, he was be obsessed with this club. He saved his pocket money to buy shirts and bits from the club shop, we'd have fixtures written on the calendar at home planning them in (proper Dad and lad time), and we planned in away games. He would literally talk about Town non stop and loved supporting them. I saw that passion and excitement in him as a 9 year old that I remember myself having. As a Dad it was brilliant and lovely to see.

I think you can tell where this is going...but my 9 year old lad has now lost all motivation, drive and passion associated with supporting Town. His favorite players that he had a connection with have gone. The likes of Shaun Pearson and Disley who generated an excitement in the team and more importantly the local community have left and taken that spirit with them. There journeymen brought in who don't care have damaged that spirit and passion and the clowns in charge from Slade through to the board are responsible. My 9 year old lad recognises this. 9 years old!!! He woke up this morning asking if Slade had been sacked and who we'd sold. He has a bitterness towards supporting this club already and lost that excitement of being a Town fan. At 9 years old this is unacceptable and this poisonous atmosphere and feeling around the club is driving people away. The club have lost out of £40 a game with us both hardly ever attending because neither of us can face another miserable afternoon at Blundell Park. We live round the corner from Bradley and are actually thinking of watching Clee Town or Grimsby Borough so that we can start enjoying watching football again.

I really hope someone reads this and the management and board are aware of how the fans are feeling. I know we can't be the only ones feeling like this, but this is the sorry direction the club is heading. Sorry for the rant, but I'm bloody fed up!

This cruel country has driven me down
Teased me and lied, teased me and lied
I've only sad stories to tell to this town
My dreams have withered and died

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 9 years old....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.