2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
February 1, 2018, 7:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Slade Out. Since the end of last Season what many fans would have said were our best 4 outfield players (Pearson,Clements,Osborne,Jones)  and the foundations of a new side he has got rid of them all and replaced them with? Ok Clarke for Pearson I know who I would rather have but giving him the benefit of doubt on that one  he has taken apart a good strong Lg 2 midfield which scored goals and created chances and brought nothing in? Jones one of the few players under contract allowed to go for a nominal fee probably what we paid for him and 2 more loanees including a 9th Striker. Vernon apart Slade brought in the rest WTF is Fenty doing letting him pick another? The wage bill for this squad must be horrendous and Jackson and the lad from Villa won`t be cheap the money the Club got in for Jones yesterday should have been spent on paying off 5-6 losers in the squad who will never get a kick or should not. No experienced goalkeeper brought in when what we have isn`t good enough. No left back brought in which it`s been painfully obvious since August to most we needed. As above 3 attacking midfielders gone who could all score a goal and were left with the hard working pair of Berret and Summerfield and a couple of youngsters who Slade never seems to pick Martyn Woolford anybody? We are going down if not this May next and the fans need to wake up and realise it today and do what they should have done after Burton.DRIVE FENTY OUT he is one man and he is the wrong man 15 years of failure and history is repeating itself only this time GTFC will never recover. Mariner`s Trust you need to get off the fence and start demanding answers to questions we all want answering or you will lose any credibility this fanbase is flipping raging with what`s going on and high time you took to task the puppet master and his puppets at the top table. SACK THE BOARD
Logged Online
Private Message
Marinerz93
February 1, 2018, 7:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Every Town fan I know or have done work for wants Slade and Fenty out. How can anyone call himself a fan and have the resources to make us a real force let the club rot in the mid day sun. We have to call time on this shambles that been driving the club into the ground, John Fenty a fan, maybe at the start but the evidence from the last decade doesn't back up he is a fan, business man yes, fan no.

SACK THE BOARD

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
lukeo
February 1, 2018, 7:25am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Slade 100% needs to go. I think we need new blood to run the club but if Fenty was to walk would the club stay out of admin and stay afloat? Genuine question, I don't know the answer to and a part of me doesn't want to risk that.if someone can garentuee Fenty going that GTFC will still be able to run as a club then I'm with the fishy 4 (now 4 000)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
Marinerz93
February 1, 2018, 7:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from lukeo
Slade 100% needs to go. I think we need new blood to run the club but if Fenty was to walk would the club stay out of admin and stay afloat? Genuine question, I don't know the answer to and a part of me doesn't want to risk that.if someone can garentuee Fenty going that GTFC will still be able to run as a club then I'm with the fishy 4 (now 4 000)

Chief executive Flemmings role is or should be

The CEO's leadership role also entails being ultimately responsible for all day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the Company's long and short term plans. The CEO acts as a direct liaison between the Board and management of the Company and communicates to the Board on behalf of management.

Chairman role

The principal role of the Chairman of the Board is to manage and to provide leadership to the Board of Directors of the Company. The Chairman is accountable to the Board and acts as a direct liaison between the Board and the management of the Company, through the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”).

So all we need is leadership in the main role, why hasn't the board employed a Chairman, a good one ends up paying for themselves just like a good PR department.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
1mickylyons
February 1, 2018, 7:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from lukeo

This is the problem he loves that hanging over the fans well sorry but to hell with it if the Club goes mammaries up so be it better than the long lingering death were going to get anyway.The fans need today to be the start of the next leg on the GTFC journey and there is no room for Fenty or his benign loans and if that means we go down a few levels and have to rebuild the Club from scratch I don`t give a sh1t. I hope all STH hold fire on parting with their hard earned come Summer because it looks odds on RS will still be in charge and it seems only a massive drop in attendances will have any effect. Fenty is clearly drawing his horns in financially and looking to claw back what he can where he can from the Club so don`t give him a penny.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
Gaffer58
February 1, 2018, 7:52am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
I think you all have it wrong, After the last 24 hours it obvious that Slade is an excellent manager, a crisis manager brought about by his own inequality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
Zmariner
February 1, 2018, 8:06am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
I will simply no longer go, I did not even listen against Yeovil, I have absolutely lost interest after 40 years of loyal support. Also cancelling trust membership for me and my son utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
1mickylyons
February 1, 2018, 8:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Zmariner
I will simply no longer go, I did not even listen against Yeovil, I have absolutely lost interest after 40 years of loyal support. Also cancelling trust membership for me and my son utm

May I ask why you cancelled the Trust membership please?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
arryarryarry
February 1, 2018, 9:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,940
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 1mickylyons

May I ask why you cancelled the Trust membership please?

If he has lost interest in the club, what's the point of being in the trust?
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
friskneymariner
February 1, 2018, 9:21am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Marinerz93
Every Town fan I know or have done work for wants Slade and Fenty out. How can anyone call himself a fan and have the resources to make us a real force let the club rot in the mid day sun. We have to call time on this shambles that been driving the club into the ground, John Fenty a fan, maybe at the start but the evidence from the last decade doesn't back up he is a fan, business man yes, fan no.

SACK THE BOARD

No No it is only some fans read the statement,for heavens sake have they lost all sense of reality in the bunker.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boooooooooooooooooo

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.