Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › i've resigned myself...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 114 Guests

i've resigned myself...

This thread currently has 4,824 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
sonofmadeleymariner
February 1, 2018, 12:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
The moment Slade was appointed I was calling for him to be sacked, I knew what was coming and I've always been very vocal about it on here, however every moment leading up to this point I always had that bit of hope. Maybe he will turn it around, maybe he will go and prove me wrong. Tonight I give up, I have resigned myself to the fact we will be relegated if we survive this season, we will only be relegated the following season, in one transfer window we have allowed 3 of our best 4 midfielders leave the club in some fashion and not replaced them, we've signed 4 more loanees, that only leaves room for one more loanee on match day so who misses out? Matt, DJ or Kean? No win in 10, 3 points in 30 only 3 goals scored. At least under Woods the hope remained till the last few weeks.

I will obviously continue to support my team but I can no longer see the light.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
February 1, 2018, 12:14am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
It reeks of 2008/9 and 2009/10. A massive squad of average at best players, loanees left right and centre, no cohesion, no team spirit and making it all up on the hoof in the hope that it will somehow come together. Team and formation changing weekly and still experimenting 31 games after pre season. Any decent players getting the fook out of Dodge as soon as they can.

I really hope for the sake of the fans that it comes together and we move up the league to safety, but it all has a feeling of deja vu about it doesn't it?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
davmariner
February 1, 2018, 12:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
How do we get our club back? Tbh it might be an unpopular view but I would take relegation in order to get Fenty and Slade out so we can start to rebuild our club.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
promotion plaice
February 1, 2018, 12:16am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,045
Gold Stars: 197

Looking at the thread title I got a little excited thinking RS had started posting on the fishy.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
golfer
February 1, 2018, 3:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 115
How much is a fishing licence ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
Mrs Doyle
February 1, 2018, 4:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Thirty quid for the year get mine through the post automatically it' the only thing that keeps me sane.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
lukeo
February 1, 2018, 4:49am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
To be honest I thought it was a safe appointment and half of me hoped he'd come to play the football he did the 1st season he was with us..  I guess I was wrong on all of it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
golfer
February 1, 2018, 5:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 115
I understand Slade is open to suggestions.  Form a queue please,one at a time and don't forget there are ladies present
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
chaos33
February 1, 2018, 6:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
I've really had enough. I can't believe that any club would deliberately manage their way to this situation. The thought of carrying on with this regime terrifies and disgusts me.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
crusty ole pie
February 1, 2018, 6:59am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,325
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from davmariner
How do we get our club back? Tbh it might be an unpopular view but I would take relegation in order to get Fenty and Slade out so we can start to rebuild our club.

I've been a fan for over 50 years the past 30 as season ticket holder but I cannot and will not pay for more dross in the wilderness league like whys if the same faire is on the menu next year I will not be parting with my cash
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › i've resigned myself...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.