Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jones to Shrewsbury (Merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 257 Guests

Jones to Shrewsbury (Merged)

This thread currently has 13,092 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
ivanosandwich
February 2, 2018, 11:52am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 16
Not sure if it has been mentioned on here, apologies if it has, but I have read on social meeja that the "other" club that Jones was set to sign for, was Lincoln.

Imagine the meltdown on here if that had happened.

I bet JF was delighted when Shrewsbury came in, dodging an extra bullet there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 74
Tommy
February 2, 2018, 12:41pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from ivanosandwich
Not sure if it has been mentioned on here, apologies if it has, but I have read on social meeja that the "other" club that Jones was set to sign for, was Lincoln.

Imagine the meltdown on here if that had happened.

I bet JF was delighted when Shrewsbury came in, dodging an extra bullet there.

Not entirely true.

He wasn't set to sign for Lincoln, but they did come in with an offer which wasn't accepted.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 74
ivanosandwich
February 2, 2018, 12:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from Tommy

Not entirely true.

He wasn't set to sign for Lincoln, but they did come in with an offer which wasn't accepted.

Okay thanks.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 74
TownSNAFU5
February 2, 2018, 12:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,860
Gold Stars: 42
Do we owe Gateshead any money under a sell-on clause?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 74
northbankmariner
February 2, 2018, 1:24pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
I am not too upset with Jones moving on to be honest. His performances like many others have been nothing to write home about and his goals return not brilliant and overall contribution and effort lacking lately.  

I see simeon jackson as a more than adequate replacement. Vastly experienced at a higher level and will be a willing runner with a bit of pace about him which lets be honest we seriously lack up front.  I have a good feeling about him.  I see this as a improvement to be honest, and with him being on the short side it will have to be ball to feet or into space to turn the defenders which we have been crying out for.

Yes we have too many strikers and an unbalanced squad but he could be the answer.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jones to Shrewsbury (Merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.