Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jones to Shrewsbury (Merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 217 Guests

Jones to Shrewsbury (Merged)

This thread currently has 13,098 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 31, 2018, 11:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Shrewsbury flipping Town though.

I know, but as sad as that is, they are a go ahead club pushing for the Championship, so you can't blame him for going.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 74
Badger57
January 31, 2018, 11:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
I'm sooooo mad at tonight's excrement that I'm seriously in danger of spontaneously combusting so I better go to bed before I really say something I shouldn't.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 74
EY Mariner
February 1, 2018, 12:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
I've felt for a few days now that the likes of Jones and Dembele are better off away from us. Jones has looked a shadow of the player he was last season. Some of that has to be down to him, but by no means all. I, for one, wish him all the best.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 74
bradzmilne
February 1, 2018, 12:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,400
Gold Stars: 29
I'm absolutely flipping done.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 74
KingstonMariner
February 1, 2018, 12:17am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

I know, but as sad as that is, they are a go ahead club pushing for the Championship, so you can't blame him for going.

It's not him I'm blaming. How did this come to pass eh? We should have been closing the gap on these, historically smaller clubs. And go check the population of Shrewsbury. Surrounded by countryside.

We should have been building on promotion 18 months ago. Crowds were up, we were heading in the right direction, we were solvent, now look at us. Complete reversal. copulated about getting rid of managers after a few months. Failed yet again to market season tickets. drunk off the fanbase two seasons running by supporting the Checkatwat. Kept quiet when fans were mistreated at Stevenage. Made nonsensical announcement after nonsensical announcement. Engineered a highly respected SLO out of the position that you'd appointed her to (yet somehow 'think' she works for another organisation). Treated the host of the forum with disrespect and acted unprofessionally. Select as developers of the new stadium a no-mark bunch of posh skateboarders who insult your supporters. Keep your mate in post despite his recruitment and retention policy being blatantly aimed at shipping out talent and on-boarding journeymen. Allow players out on loan to rivals in the scrap to avoid relegation.

Fenty sling your hook. You've copulated us up once with non-League football. Now it's happening again. You've cost us far more than the 'benign' loans you've made. Accept you're a failure at running a football club before you totally wreck it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 74
sydney
February 1, 2018, 12:18am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
40+ years I’ve followed Town
Can’t remember been so down
Why oh why have u let our best player go to hurst
RS you are worse than a stain,  you’re a curse
I’ve absolutely had enough u and this terrible mess
Garden Centres and chores now for me on match day I guess
Done with u unless u change it
So hard for me to say this but feel so so sh!t

RIP GTFC 😢😢
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 74
ginnywings
February 1, 2018, 12:25am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It's not him I'm blaming. How did this come to pass eh? We should have been closing the gap on these, historically smaller clubs. And go check the population of Shrewsbury. Surrounded by countryside.

We should have been building on promotion 18 months ago. Crowds were up, we were heading in the right direction, we were solvent, now look at us. Complete reversal. copulated about getting rid of managers after a few months. Failed yet again to market season tickets. drunk off the fanbase two seasons running by supporting the Checkatwat. Kept quiet when fans were mistreated at Stevenage. Made nonsensical announcement after nonsensical announcement. Engineered a highly respected SLO out of the position that you'd appointed her to (yet somehow 'think' she works for another organisation). Treated the host of the forum with disrespect and acted unprofessionally. Select as developers of the new stadium a no-mark bunch of posh skateboarders who insult your supporters. Keep your mate in post despite his recruitment and retention policy being blatantly aimed at shipping out talent and on-boarding journeymen. Allow players out on loan to rivals in the scrap to avoid relegation.

Fenty sling your hook. You've copulated us up once with non-League football. Now it's happening again. You've cost us far more than the 'benign' loans you've made. Accept you're a failure at running a football club before you totally wreck it.

I'm as hacked off as you that those country bumpkins are a million miles from us, just as locally, Scunny and now Lincoln are looking at us in their rear view mirror. In fact Scunny can't even see us any more, we are that far behind them. I hope the few grand we got for Jones was worth p1ssing the fans off even more, which i didn't think possible until 30 mins ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 74
KingstonMariner
February 1, 2018, 12:32am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The thought that occurred to me is that the assets are being stripped.  Assuming we got a decent fee (but I can't see Shrewsbury having that much cash). The Bogle money contributed to repayment of some of the loans. As the prospect of the new stadium recedes ('it's all gone quiet over there') maybe the realisation is dawning that the only way to get your loans repaid is to sell your assets.

The other thing that struck me is that, bar Dembele, the only remaining decently-performing players were signed pre-Slade.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 74
ginnywings
February 1, 2018, 12:45am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm fooking fuming at this. You said you would bring in quality and not only have you not done that, you have let the only quality players we had left leave. It's symptomatic of the sh1tshow that is GTFC, we are losing our best player to Shrewsbury fooking Town.

Slade is acting like a despot, ridding the entire previous regime from the history books. If we have three better players than Sam Jones, Chris Clement and Jamey Osbourne left on the books, then i'm a fooking Martian.

Edited my original post because what i meant was that i despise what Slade and Wilko are doing on the playing side, not them personally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 74
lukeo
February 1, 2018, 4:46am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
If Hurst had come in for him a couple of weeks ago and been keen since then and eventually got Fenty to let Jones go then fair enough but by the sounds of it, that isn't the case. Can't complain at Jones for making a step up. This club has become a joke. I've never once expected another promotion but I did expect some stability and some half decent football and mid table finishes for a couple of seasons... Not much to ask was/is it? Ffs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jones to Shrewsbury (Merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.