2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
January 31, 2018, 11:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
A Slade Out Banner has appeared at Hewitts Circus. I wonder if there will be one greeting the management at Cheapside tomorrow?

[tweet]@dlobrown619: just seen this banner at Hewitts circus roundabout....first of many I'm sure #gtfc #utm https://twitter.com/dlobrown619/status/958836219298877440/photo/1[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
The Grim Reaper
January 31, 2018, 11:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
If you turn it round its got Hurst Out on the other side. #fickle

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
marinerrick
January 31, 2018, 11:15pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +52
I think it's obvious slade not going anywhere, it also shows that some effort was made in this window. What matters now is this seasons survival even with slade at the helm. As gtfc fans we need to back the players and management until May and then worry about who going to lead us to league one next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
moosey_club
January 31, 2018, 11:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,143
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from marinerrick
I think it's obvious slade not going anywhere, it also shows that some effort was made in this window. What matters now is this seasons survival even with slade at the helm. As gtfc fans we need to back the players and management until May and then worry about who going to lead us to league one next season.

Agreed. Survival is now the real target and we just need get behind the players to help them achieve that.
Have a post mortem in the summer regards management and the board.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
arryarryarry
January 31, 2018, 11:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from moosey_club

Agreed. Survival is now the real target and we just need get behind the players to help them achieve that.
Have a post mortem in the summer regards management and the board.

The problem is that the players have to do their bit and score a frigging goal.

Go 1-0 down and I suspect BP will erupt.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
Zmariner
January 31, 2018, 11:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
So we are left with a team of loanees and a lot of very old players. We lose the only players that I rated and of the players that remain I struggle to think beyond a couple worth keeping. Thanks Mr Slade we are wrecked you to55er

We have to stay up , how I personally continue to go, even though I am paid already is the bigger question and as for next season. Like many other dieahards I will not renew and pick and choose the odd game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
promotion plaice
January 31, 2018, 11:46pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

I still think RS will go if we have a heavy and embarrassing defeat at home to Cheltenham Saturday.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
sonofmadeleymariner
January 31, 2018, 11:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from promotion plaice

I still think RS will go when we have a heavy and embarrassing defeat at home to Cheltenham Saturday.

edited for you

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
OneLove
February 1, 2018, 5:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from marinerrick

So from two signings (loanees) in and two more key players out your happy to back him. Not a chance with me, take a long look at that squad, he's taken the good out and replaced it with a very unbalanced bunch whom have no confidence, no leadership and no passion. If he is here for the long run and keeps us up, do you have trust in him for next season judging by the ins and outs? I certainly don't, the quicker his exit is made the better for the club and that goes with fenty too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
lukeo
February 1, 2018, 5:50am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Kind of almost agreed with your post Rick until you mentioned league one push.. Let's be realistic here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slade Out Banner

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.