1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
January 31, 2018, 1:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
I hope if we get the news we want around 3pm those of us who have been driven away will return 3pm Saturday to at least back the team in their hour of need? We need to get some bodies in the ground,make some noise and let the players know give us 100% we will return it tenfold.As fans this is OUR Club and lets make sure we let the majority shareholder and his nodding dogs know that.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
January 31, 2018, 2:05pm
Guest User
I reckon it will be about agreeing transfers out, loans in etc but.......wouldn’t it be great if:

1. Slade is fired!! 🔥
2. Nathan Returns! 💥
3. Mighty Mariner returns!! 💥 💥 💥

Then I woke up and realised that Kojak was still here!!
Reply: 1 - 8
Jarmo.Is.God
January 31, 2018, 2:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
If Slade goes, ill be back, and i think it could easily be over 4.5k.

Thats only happened 3 times this season, Mansfield, Lincoln & Coventry.... we've played 16 games at home so far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
lew chaterleys lover
January 31, 2018, 2:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
If Slade goes, ill be back, and i think it could easily be over 4.5k.

Thats only happened 3 times this season, Mansfield, Lincoln & Coventry.... we've played 16 games at home so far.

And how long would that last? A couple of games at most. Its results that bring crowds in, or people other than diehards who will go whoever the manager is.

We could have the best managers in the world and still be a mess; if Slade goes or if he stays it is the board all our anger should be aimed at.

As a matter of interest, if you don't like the next manager or he doesn't get results, will you stop going again?
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
lew chaterleys lover
January 31, 2018, 3:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons
I hope if we get the news we want around 3pm those of us who have been driven away will return 3pm Saturday to at least back the team in their hour of need? We need to get some bodies in the ground,make some noise and let the players know give us 100% we will return it tenfold.As fans this is OUR Club and lets make sure we let the majority shareholder and his nodding dogs know that.UTM

We have been in need for some time, and needed all the support we could get, but sadly a lot of fans think hating the manager at any given time is more important than backing the team.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
rancido
January 31, 2018, 3:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96

We have been in need for some time, and needed all the support we could get, but sadly a lot of fans think hating the manager at any given time is more important than backing the team.

It's the manager who sources the players. It's the manager who decides who plays and what the tactics are. If the team loses then that is the managers responsibility. The fact remains that there are teams above us in the league who have a lower playing budget than us. It's alright blaming JF for all our woes but he puts his faith into a manager, gives him a playing budget and that's who should deliver the goods. The choice of RS as manager was wrong , in my opinions, but he is experienced enough to assemble a squad that should be able to perform at this level. The fact that he has brought in players that are mostly dross  is down to him. When he signed the likes of Hooper and Kelly it is highly unlikely that JF or any member of the Board would question this because RS had identified these players as suitable. In the same token the MD of a company would hardly question the Engineering Manager about the suitability of a fitter he had selected because he would rightly assume that the Engineering Manager had appraised that person for his suitability for the post. JF has got many things wrong but the appointment of players should be the managers responsibility and their unsuitability is down to him and him alone.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
lew chaterleys lover
January 31, 2018, 3:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from rancido

It's the manager who sources the players. It's the manager who decides who plays and what the tactics are. If the team loses then that is the managers responsibility. The fact remains that there are teams above us in the league who have a lower playing budget than us. It's alright blaming JF for all our woes but he puts his faith into a manager, gives him a playing budget and that's who should deliver the goods. The choice of RS as manager was wrong , in my opinions, but he is experienced enough to assemble a squad that should be able to perform at this level. The fact that he has brought in players that are mostly dross  is down to him. When he signed the likes of Hooper and Kelly it is highly unlikely that JF or any member of the Board would question this because RS had identified these players as suitable. In the same token the MD of a company would hardly question the Engineering Manager about the suitability of a fitter he had selected because he would rightly assume that the Engineering Manager had appraised that person for his suitability for the post. JF has got many things wrong but the appointment of players should be the managers responsibility and their unsuitability is down to him and him alone.

I don't see what connection your reply has to my post? Managers come and go, players come and go. My point is that you either support the club or you don't, regardless of who the players or managers are.

We had low attendances in the Championship because some people didn't like Alan Buckley because he was seen as arrogant.

It is obviously up to individuals whether or not they go to the games, but I find it strange that so many fans find an excuse not to go.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
Chrisblor
January 31, 2018, 4:33pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,757
Gold Stars: 233
I'll be going regardless of what happens with Slade, simply because I've already paid for my season ticket so it makes no difference to the club if I'm there or not. I do hope this proposed car park protest before the match materialises though.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
denni266
January 31, 2018, 7:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
I will be fishing if slade is still here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › When Saturday Comes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.