9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
January 31, 2018, 6:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
Maybe they plan to sack him and NOT make an announcement?  Remember PR is not their strongpoint.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 88
livosnose
January 31, 2018, 6:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,159
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from UTMariners
I think he will be given until Saturday which I can live with. I really want him out the club but he got us in to this mess and I would like to see him get us out of it. If we sack him now we plunge the club in to massive uncertainty at a really bad time and so I just think (maybe foolishly) if we can scrape survival and choose a long term option once the seasons finished, this would be a better option.  If we can't win Saturday though I think we have to and will get rid.

If he survives this season he will certainly start of next season in charge. Got to get him out now or saturday , one way or another momentum for him getting the bullet is building

[img][/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 88
jimgtfc
January 31, 2018, 6:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 44
Sadly, I’m seriously debating whether I’m going on Saturday if he’s still here, season ticket or not... never thought I’d feel like this.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 88
Gaffer58
January 31, 2018, 6:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Promotion Plaice's prediction will be very easy on Saturday now as it's still all status que regard Slade, incoming players. Town goals for 0, has been 7 out of the last 10 games and nowt will change now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 88
Reverendmariner
January 31, 2018, 6:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +275
I find it difficult to believe, though I'm probably wrong,  that things can't get any worse than last night. If he doesn't go now, they must have given him until the end of the season. What would be achieved by waiting to see what happens against Cheltenham?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 88
hheh2
January 31, 2018, 6:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
The vote of confidence not long ago means that he will last to the end of the season? More like a vote to the conference..

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 88
UTMariners
January 31, 2018, 6:40pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +424
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from livosnose

If he survives this season he will certainly start of next season in charge. Got to get him out now or saturday , one way or another momentum for him getting the bullet is building

Take your point but I don't think he will be here next season. We wouldn't have any season ticket holders if he was!

"My love, my heart, my soul, my life.  My beloved Club Grimsby."

Salford Mariner

Join the Trust!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 88
lee65
January 31, 2018, 6:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from moosey_club

Like i have siad elsewhere....probably too costly to get rid now contractually and would think we may have a performance related clause in his contract that we could envoke if he fails to achieve play offs, the stated aim.  Be seen to stand behind the man for the rest of the season to maintain some sort of professional standing when we try and recruit our next manager in the summer.
ST sales cant be effected until we actually put them on sale so the only thing we are gambling on by keeping him for now is match day tickets...which are only a few hundred over ST sales at the moment anyway....so no massive revenue loss there......and of course our League status, which i think JF would hope we can cling onto virtue of others being worse...big gamble.

I think that's about the size of it Moosey  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 88
Quagmire
January 31, 2018, 7:01pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Reverendmariner
What would be achieved by waiting to see what happens against Cheltenham?

By giving Slade the Cheltenham game Fenty can’t really lose.

If we somehow win then the pressure is off a little bit.

If we don’t win they can sack Slade and say that they did everything they said they would in the January window re giving him more funds for ‘quality’ additions but this hasn’t materialised and recent performances has forced them to act.

He should never have been reappointed.

Slade Out!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 88
golfer
January 31, 2018, 7:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
J.S.F. opened todays meeting by placing an old filleting knife on the table.  "Well Russ old mate, we had a meeting before you came in and the unanimous decision was Hari Kari-what do you say ?"   Well it's em like this em boss, we've been very unlucky but me and em Tonto had him in our sites for next to nowt when that Moorinow from City started saying he wanted him so that em was the end of that but leave it to us boss there're plenty more chickens in the fire.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › board Meeting 3pm

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.