Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What next ? What’s best for us ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 349 Guests

After tonight what is the best option for Town?
Ride it out with Slade and appoint the perfect applicant in the summer? (3 votes)
4.29%
Sack Slade now and appoint the best available applicant ? (19 votes)
27.14%
Sack Slade now and bring in Buckley and / or Macca temporarily till the summer? (8 votes)
11.43%
Sack Slade now and place Dave Moore or Neil Woods in temporary charge ? (23 votes)
32.86%
Slade and Fenty both go and we take whatever we can from uncertainty moving forward (15 votes)
21.43%
Ride it out with Slade and hope he turns it around ? (2 votes)
2.86%
70 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

What next ? What’s best for us ?

This thread currently has 1,603 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Gainsbro_Mariner
January 30, 2018, 11:45pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Lots of feelings around tonight ? But what would be everybodies perfect solution? Do we get rid of Slade now and quickly appoint the best applicant from a perhaps rushed recruitment process ? Do we ride it out with Slade and hope we stay up then replace him in the summer with perhaps a better standard of Manager than we could get today ?

Or perhaps do we call up Buckley and Macca and give them interim positions until we can bring in a replacement ? Do we find it Moore / Wood / Warrington etc in a similar role ? Fenty and Slade go perhaps and we are hit with a excrement storm of uncertainty ? So what would you boys prefer ?

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
January 30, 2018, 11:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
We missed the boat on this weeks if not months ago, and sadly, I can only see us going down, and going down without a whimper at that.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
ginnywings
January 30, 2018, 11:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,112
Gold Stars: 548
Past caring to be honest. What i do know is that based on previous experience, whatever we do will more than likely be the wrong option.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
arryarryarry
January 31, 2018, 2:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Sack Slade now and place Dave Moore or Neil Woods in temporary charge ?

You're having a frigging laugh, surely?
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
Mendonca1995
January 31, 2018, 6:33am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from arryarryarry
Sack Slade now and place Dave Moore or Neil Woods in temporary charge ?

You're having a frigging laugh, surely?

Totally agree how on earth can some people on here want Neil woods in charge f*c@ing unbelievable !!!!

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
Gainsbro_Mariner
January 31, 2018, 7:45am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
It’s an option isn’t it ? Not saying I would choose that ? But it’s one of the options we could make and it isn’t any more absurd as keeping Slade on until the end of the season for example.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
TAGG
January 31, 2018, 7:51am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Where is the option get rid of the whole rotten lot of em, administration and start again.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
RoboCod
January 31, 2018, 7:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
It’s an option isn’t it ? Not saying I would choose that ? But it’s one of the options we could make and it isn’t any more absurd as keeping Slade on until the end of the season for example.

Dave Moore, yes. A decent choice. Neil Woods, never. I can't tick a box with Moore OR Woods.

Like Ginny, I don't have the energy to devote to this charade anymore, zero faith in the chief and his assistants and their decisions.
A love for the Mariners right now is a burden, nothing more.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What next ? What’s best for us ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.