8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
golfer
January 31, 2018, 7:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,427
Gold Stars: 115
It doesn't matter how old Buckley is I would beg him to take charge until the end of season. He doesn't have to sign anybody just teach the players to forget everything Slade has told them and show them again how to play football. How many players have improved under Slade  has anything improved under Slade.We are in the shite.Nobody else can help us. What else have we to lose. We are a laughing stock. He is our only hope
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 77
TAGG
January 31, 2018, 7:44am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Slade        Posted by: TAGG
Date Posted: April 11, 2017, 5:58pm
SLADE OUT 👍

As true today as it was when I first posted 11/04/2017

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 77
rancido
January 31, 2018, 8:19am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,570
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Garth
He sounds like a dead man walking, says he`s trying to build something fans should be patient

Bignot was trying to build for the future but at least he waited until we were safe in the league.
Slade should never have been appointed, especially based on his last three appointments and not what he did ages ago.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 77
Jarmo.Is.God
January 31, 2018, 8:21am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from golfer
It doesn't matter how old Buckley is I would beg him to take charge until the end of season. He doesn't have to sign anybody just teach the players to forget everything Slade has told them and show them again how to play football. How many players have improved under Slade  has anything improved under Slade.We are in the shite.Nobody else can help us. What else have we to lose. We are a laughing stock. He is our only hope

I think even Buckley would turn us down these days
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 77
sydney
January 31, 2018, 8:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport.....e-welsh-john-stones/

Cheltenham Start this fella against us Sat!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 77
rancido
January 31, 2018, 8:35am

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

To be honest I try and stay a bit more level-headed these days, and I'd say it's taken me longer than most to arrive at the opinion that Slade has to go. After tonight though, I can't help but feel is utterly indefensible.

What does worry me though, is who on earth is going to want to pick up this shower of shite with no possibility of bringing in new players and presumably a dismal budget in the summer even in the event that we stay up. I will give Slade that much, I think he's been stitched up like a kipper with how much money's been made available.

Worrying times.

Although I understand what you are saying I don't agree about the money available for players. If he had been on a restricted budget then how could he sign so many players in the summer? Fewer, quality players  would surely have been more cost effective? Surely , as a starter, he would have retained Pearson instead of letting him go and replacing him with Clarke who is allegedly on considerably more money.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 77
Jarmo.Is.God
January 31, 2018, 8:40am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from rancido

Although I understand what you are saying I don't agree about the money available for players. If he had been on a restricted budget then how could he sign so many players in the summer? Fewer, quality players  would surely have been more cost effective? Surely , as a starter, he would have retained Pearson instead of letting him go and replacing him with Clarke who is allegedly on considerably more money.

We went for Maynard, Tyler Walker, Eoin Doyle, but wasn't given enough money to sign them, so ended up with Cardwell, Hooper...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 77
rancido
January 31, 2018, 8:41am

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Give him some credit, it's 3 points. If it was only 2, he'd definitely be on his way.  

I think he has achieved 10 wins in the 35 league games he has been in charge since he came back! Building for the future my ar*e !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 77
Tommy
January 31, 2018, 8:55am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Transfer window question:

Can we still sign players on loan outside the January window, up to the old deadline in March, as in previous years? Or was that abolished?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 77
Davec
January 31, 2018, 9:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Tommy
Transfer window question:

Can we still sign players on loan outside the January window, up to the old deadline in March, as in previous years? Or was that abolished?

No that abolished unless you're in the conference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slades interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.