January 30, 2018, 11:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +994
Gold Stars: 2
Started listening then stopped
Not genuine and not really a clue
Sam Jones was our best player and now seemingly where?
So So dispondent this is so poor
Can’t see a win coming anywhere
AFC Fylde ? Anyone ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 77
chaos33
January 30, 2018, 11:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Rightly or wrongly (and let's face it, it's wrongly..), he'll still be in his job at the weekend. Beat Cheltenham (an absolute MUST), and he will stagger on for another week. Lose and he'll be sacked because there's nothing else the board can do in the face of total supporter opposition. We should have been more clinical and realised that he should have been sacked several weeks ago and given a new guy a shot at the window.

Slade will finish the window - and I can see very little happening in or out, and he will sing for his supper on Saturday in front of a shamefully small crowd of disappointed and angry loyal supporters.

The people who run and manage this club have totally ruined it since we were promoted to the FL, and they have killed the rekindled enthusiasm amongst its long suffering supporters. Absolute shame on you.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 77
forza ivano
January 30, 2018, 11:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
I'm interested to know about the project he's building. How long has it been going on? What exactly is he building? What stage is he at? Any completion date on the horizon? I think we should be told.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 77
Cayman_mariner
January 30, 2018, 11:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from forza ivano
I'm interested to know about the project he's building. How long has it been going on? What exactly is he building? What stage is he at? Any completion date on the horizon? I think we should be told.....

[img]https://c.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/laser-shark.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 77
forza ivano
January 31, 2018, 12:00am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Cayman_mariner

[img]https://c.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/laser-shark.jpg[/img]

Lol.did you just go down to he beach and take that picture, Cayman?
Btw just an aside I think our supreme leader said that he didn't expect any of the regular 18 to be going out, it'd be just 1 or 2 of the fringe players who might get a move.
Dunno what to believe any more.
Suspect that the Nathan Arnold signing might be announced early tomorrow in a desperate attempt to rally the troops and divert attention from our spiral towards relegation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 77
RichMariner
January 31, 2018, 12:08am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Funny how Bignot was also building something but got no patience when he claimed 'transition'.

If you're building something, you usually start off bad and improve. So Russ, how do you explain the fact that we were almost in the play-offs in November and now look like relegation fodder?

Was the first few months of the season a fluke? Was that the 'real' us, or not?

You make no sense, mate - because you're a liar. You're stealing a living. You're stealing our money.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 55 - 77
Theimperialcoroner
January 31, 2018, 2:26am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
I worry that the two biggest talent will be sold even if he goes. Board have to veto outgoings that will reduce our chance of staying up.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 77
Mrs Doyle
January 31, 2018, 4:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I wouldn't worry if those two players are still there at midnight tonight I will eat my hat. Most clubs would be sacking the manager after this dismal run.

Slade's position is totally untenable he's lost the fans, probably most of the players and lost the plot. He has not got a clue how to attack despite having a quality ex-striker alongside him.

Fenty has been conned into believing the bullcrap the only way forward now is to cut your losses get Dave Moore to take over even keeping Wilco on as well he might get more of a chance without egg head around.

Start a new chapter on Saturday the fans to back the players up and together we might just turn this round.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 77
1mickylyons
January 31, 2018, 6:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Poojah

Getting sacked by Town is normally the death of a manager's career. Who is the last manager to be sacked by Town to go on to manage another league club? If you discount Paul Groves' brief (and pretty awful) stint at Bournemouth a few years ago, you surely have to go back as far as Lennie Lawrence don't you?

It's not a great statistic for any prospective manager we might look to bring in, particularly when you condisder that assuming Slade goes, 11 out of our last 13 managers will have been sacked. Only Slade mk1 and Hurst leaving on their own terms.

Bignot aside Fenty usually gives Manager`s a lot longer than the fans would to turn things around.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 77
1mickylyons
January 31, 2018, 7:04am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from chaos33
Rightly or wrongly (and let's face it, it's wrongly..), he'll still be in his job at the weekend. Beat Cheltenham (an absolute MUST), and he will stagger on for another week. Lose and he'll be sacked because there's nothing else the board can do in the face of total supporter opposition. We should have been more clinical and realised that he should have been sacked several weeks ago and given a new guy a shot at the window.

Slade will finish the window - and I can see very little happening in or out, and he will sing for his supper on Saturday in front of a shamefully small crowd of disappointed and angry loyal supporters.

The people who run and manage this club have totally ruined it since we were promoted to the FL, and they have killed the rekindled enthusiasm amongst its long suffering supporters. Absolute shame on you.

Totally agree and the cynic in me thinks Slade will bat today so Fenty does not have to get anymore players in? However with a squad as massive as Town`s they should not need anymore players barring maybe a proper keeper and they should be able to make a decent side from what they have.Buckley with this squad would win games and I just hope Dave Moore gets the reigns and puts some fire into their bellies because I think he could get more from them? I see enough guts and determination within that squad to get to 50 points but at present I don`t think they are being set up to do anything but lose they carry zero threat.Buckley or Moore or better still both together will put that right til May then recruit someone else to take the Club forward and trim this squad down.Sack Slade now and 4k+ home fans will turnout Saturday and at least give Cheltenham something to think about and back the team.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.