Poojah
January 30, 2018, 10:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from ginnywings
If he does go tonight/tomorrow, who will handle the last day of the window? I presume there may be some ins and outs.

My gut feeling tells me that the fact that tomorrow is the last day of the window might just keep him in a job until the weekend. I mean, you're unlikely as a player to sign for a manager who's liable to get sacked, but even less likely to sign for a club with no manager at all.

I'm not saying I agree with this logic, but probably how it will play out in truth.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 77
louth_in_the_south
January 30, 2018, 10:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,656
Gold Stars: 94
I doubt there’s any signings coming in anyway

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 77
Jaws
January 30, 2018, 10:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Poojah

My gut feeling tells me that the fact that tomorrow is the last day of the window might just keep him in a job until the weekend. I mean, you're unlikely as a player to sign for a manager who's liable to get sacked, but even less likely to sign for a club with no manager at all.

I'm not saying I agree with this logic, but probably how it will play out in truth.

Few quick-fire posts here. Hope it's a warm-up for another epic post to be recalled for years to come...
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 77
RoboCod
January 30, 2018, 10:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I think he'll be gone tomorrow. We're stuck either way but letting him have a final dabble in the market then sacking him after Saturdays almost inevitable defeat will be even worse.

To the board: Sack him in the morning, then rip all the phones out, shut the curtains and hide under the desk til midnight.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 77
Poojah
January 30, 2018, 10:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from Jaws

Few quick-fire posts here. Hope it's a warm-up for another epic post to be recalled for years to come...

The way I feel tonight I'm not sure I can be arsed to expend the energy. Which is concerning in itself; if there's one thing worse than anger amongst a club's fans, it's apathy.

But then, to go from where we were on the 15th May 2016, to here in a little more than 18 months, it's hard to feel anything but deflated.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 77
hampshiremariner
January 30, 2018, 10:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,051
Gold Stars: 35
I was one of the few who tried to give RS the benefit when there was the blow up at the fans’ forum. I was wrong. They seem to be in denial and sleep walking us back to the bloody awful Conference. It needs a clean sweep. Slade must go, but that still leaves the chairman. Seen all of this before and it is horrifying. How can a manager survive 2 points out of a possible 30?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 77
Tommy
January 30, 2018, 10:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
I don't think we would recover from relegation to non league again.

Absolutely everything must be thrown at keeping us in this division.

If Dembele and Jones are sold tomorrow it will be reminiscent of us selling Pouton and Boulding during the League 1 relegation season.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 77
ginnywings
January 30, 2018, 10:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from hampshiremariner
I was one of the few who tried to give RS the benefit when there was the blow up at the fans’ forum. I was wrong. They seem to be in denial and sleep walking us back to the bloody awful Conference. It needs a clean sweep. Slade must go, but that still leaves the chairman. Seen all of this before and it is horrifying. How can a manager survive 2 points out of a possible 30?

Give him some credit, it's 3 points. If it was only 2, he'd definitely be on his way.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 77
Cayman_mariner
January 30, 2018, 11:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ginnywings
If he does go tonight/tomorrow, who will handle the last day of the window? I presume there may be some ins and outs.

Wilkinson probably - Another cheap option as per usual.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 77
Southwark Mariner
January 30, 2018, 11:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Tommy
I don't think we would recover from relegation to non league again.

Absolutely everything must be thrown at keeping us in this division.

If Dembele and Jones are sold tomorrow it will be reminiscent of us selling Pouton and Boulding during the League 1 relegation season.

Or Ryan Bennett more ominously.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slades interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.